By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I'd take that ban but I'd not return. Free speech is important even if it's false, I don't believe these forums to be Neo Gaf or the site that shall not be named. I was thinking about a conspiracy thread not long ago, I do find them interesting but I'd not want to get people banned so I too now wnat to know Is it against the rules to post about conspiracies on here?

A lot of these things are case by case basis. 

If you're blatantly spreading Nazi propaganda and being blatantly racist, that's very different from suggesting there's a conspiracy theory that bigfoot is being covered up. 

Everyone ultimately understands that there are always limits to free speech. You'd be rightfully upset if someone posted your address and schedule.

If you're spreading conspiracy theories that are harmful to others, especially if you're doing so with an obvious intent to harm others, the mods are going to step in.

If you're just genuinely asking a question, several of us try to have the conversation to explain why it's wrong, what the reality is, etc. 

I didn't expect to be proven wrong but I'm glad I was, I held no ill intent, I just really like cats. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

I didn’t say you should get banned but there should be rules against spreading misinformation. Free speech doesn’t mean people get to say anything they want without repercussions.

You’re not just spreading silly conspiracy theories that do no harm to anyone, like the moon landing being fake, you’re spreading hateful and racist rhetoric that can cause violence against minorities.

Be a responsible adult and don’t believe everything you read online and make sure you check with multiple reliable sources before spreading information that can do harm to people.

But now that it's been unraveled and we've figured out where and how the conspiracy started isn't that better than hiding it completely. Would you not agree that even if one person who believed it passed in here and now they can see that it's false and follow how the consensus was reached instead of being told simply true/false, that, that is a good thing instead of ignoring things completely and more souls go on about their day believing it to be true. I fail to understand the reasoning, free speech even if people can get hurt is the most prized right we have in the free world, something our ancestors died to protect over and over again and yet we are squandering it. Air, water, food, free expression. 

”Isn’t it actually a good thing that I spread racist conspiracy theories because you guys debunked it and now other people will know it’s not true?” What kind of stupid logic is that? No, if people don’t spread easily debunked bullshit then other gullible people won’t be exposed to it.

You’re just proving more and more that you don’t know what you’re talking about. The protection of free speech in the constitution means that people can share their views without being punished by the government. It doesn’t mean you get to spread lies about immigrants on a forum and face no repercussions.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

But now that it's been unraveled and we've figured out where and how the conspiracy started isn't that better than hiding it completely. Would you not agree that even if one person who believed it passed in here and now they can see that it's false and follow how the consensus was reached instead of being told simply true/false, that, that is a good thing instead of ignoring things completely and more souls go on about their day believing it to be true. I fail to understand the reasoning, free speech even if people can get hurt is the most prized right we have in the free world, something our ancestors died to protect over and over again and yet we are squandering it. Air, water, food, free expression. 

”Isn’t it actually a good thing that I spread racist conspiracy theories because you guys debunked it and now other people will know it’s not true?” What kind of stupid logic is that? No, if people don’t spread easily debunked bullshit then other gullible people won’t be exposed to it.

You’re just proving more and more that you don’t know what you’re talking about. The protection of free speech in the constitution means that people can share their views without being punished by the government. It doesn’t mean you get to spread lies about immigrants on a forum and face no repercussions.

I get the impression you're one comment away from calling me a Nazi so I'll shut up. I meant no ill intent, I very much prefer cats to be alive is all. 

LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

I get the impression you're one comment away from calling me a Nazi so I'll shut up. I meant no ill intent, I very much prefer cats to be alive is all. 

What the fuck are you talking about? What part of my previous comment makes you assume I’m close to calling you a Nazi? No, I just think you’re a dipshit.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

What the fuck are you talking about? What part of my previous comment makes you assume I’m close to calling you a Nazi? No, I just think you’re a dipshit.

Ah thanks 😊👊 that's endearing compared to Nazi. 

Around the Network

60 minutes. I'm fairly sure they'd be legit, no conspiracies here.

Incredibly scary.

@LegitHyperbole It's a conspiracy :p "Video unavailable, The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

SvennoJ said:

@LegitHyperbole It's a conspiracy :p "Video unavailable, The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

I suppose they don't want you knowing the truth. You aren't Chinese are you or a country in chinas pocket?

LegitHyperbole said:
SvennoJ said:

I suppose they don't want you knowing the truth. You aren't Chinese are you or a country in chinas pocket?

What country isn't ;) I'm in Canada.

YouTube sucks, doesn't even show the title or anything when it blocks videos.

SvennoJ said:
LegitHyperbole said:

What country isn't ;) I'm in Canada.

YouTube sucks, doesn't even show the title or anything when it blocks videos.

Oh yeah that'd do it, it about China and the Philippines being really aggressive in The South China Sea. I'm very sorry to hear you're in Canada, my condolences, remember that things will get better I promise and I'm not just saying that, I truly believe you'll have a future where you're free.