By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best Movies Turning 30 This Year?

Just laying out some trailers for the best movies that are turning 30 this year.

Jurassic Park

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Batman: Mask of The Phantasm

Groundhog Day

Schinler's List

Demolition Man

Free Willy

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey

Rudy

Mrs. Doubtfire

What are your picks for best movies of 1993?

Around the Network

Philadelphia is turning 30 this year. 

Also Tombstone, a classic

I think as far as best movie goes, Schindler's List probably takes it. Rudy would be second. But Jurassic Park had, by far, the biggest impact. Thing was a cultural phenomenon. .

JackHandy said:

I think as far as best movie goes, Schindler's List probably takes it. Rudy would be second. But Jurassic Park had, by far, the biggest impact. Thing was a cultural phenomenon. .

Bonus points for the CGI holding up even now. :) 

CaptainExplosion said:
JackHandy said:

That is so true! I watched it, last year, I think, and was astonished how it mostly held up. There were a couple blips, but wow. I guess that's why were were all so floored back in the day. I remember seeing it in the theater. It was really something. 

Around the Network
JackHandy said:
CaptainExplosion said:
JackHandy said:

That is so true! I watched it, last year, I think, and was astonished how it mostly held up. There were a couple blips, but wow. I guess that's why were were all so floored back in the day. I remember seeing it in the theater. It was really something. 

Maybe there will be a theatrical rerelease for it's 30th anniversary. ^^

Jurassic Park, Homeward Bound, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Groundhog Day are all classics worthy of multiple rewatches in my books. I have seen each of them at least 4 times over the years, some of them alot more times than that. 

Cliffhanger
Carlito's Way
The Fugitive
Wayne's World 2
In the Line of Fire

The one I've rewatched most from that year is Groundhog Day - maybe not the best, but for me, along with Jurassic Park, most fun to rewatch.

In the Name of the Father is up there with Schindler's List as the very best of 1993.