By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (PC, Mobile) series coming to PS4, Switch in spring 2023

Which Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster are you most excited for?

Final Fantasy I 0 0%

Final Fantasy II 0 0%

Final Fantasy III 0 0%

Final Fantasy IV 1 7.14%

Final Fantasy V 3 21.43%

Final Fantasy VI 10 71.43%

Total:14
Farsala said:

I have always been interested in playing 4 or 5 again. Haven't played it in over 25 years, but I still remember having some fun.

This plays more like the originals and dont have any of the extra content that the GBA, PSP and original Mobile/PC versions have.

So for OG purists it should be good.

I would recommend 3 and 6 if you have not played those.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Chrkeller said:

Agreed.  Sale prices are likely to get better.  I really only want 4 and 6.  

I would recommend 3 if you never played it.

I found the NES version more enjoyable than the 3D remakes on DS, PSP, Mobile and PC.

I have played 5, thought it was ok.  I have heard the last dungeon in 3 is really too long and painful, no idea if that is true or not.

The price is WAY too high, so I guess im gonna stick to individual buys.
Also, spring 2023? Kinda was hoping they'd announce its already available, as part of FF's anniversary.

I'm only interested in VI.

Is there a reason this is not coming to Xbox? Even if digital only? It’s already coming to everything else can’t be too hard to bring it to the Xbox family. And digital can stay on the store for like ever…. Doesn’t make any sense

我是广州人

Around the Network

I've never played `1,2,3,5 so I do have interest in those 4 the most. I have played and loved 4 and 6 on the SNES.

Chrkeller said:

I have played 5, thought it was ok.  I have heard the last dungeon in 3 is really too long and painful, no idea if that is true or not.

5 is okay for sure. I finished the mobile remaster few months ago on PC. Of the SNES trilogy, its the worst but it is still decent as a standalone JRPG.

As for 3's last dungeon - yep its true.

Aside from the long length of the dungeon, there's more than 5 bosses you fight alongside the final boss and there's only like 2 save points in between when you start the dungeon and until you get to the area right before the last boss's location. This issue is also in the 3D remakes (at least the DS version from when I played it few years ago - havent played the PC version yet of that).

Thankfully due to Quick Save in the Pixel remasters - that should not be a issue anymore.

Jpcc86 said:

The price is WAY too high, so I guess im gonna stick to individual buys.
Also, spring 2023? Kinda was hoping they'd announce its already available, as part of FF's anniversary.

Likely they will be making additional changes - the PC version still gets patches. Word going around is there's gonna be a text patch that will change the text for the console versions compared to the PC version's original release, hopefully that comes along to PC too (though mods can fix that easily).

Ashadelo said:

Is there a reason this is not coming to Xbox? Even if digital only? It’s already coming to everything else can’t be too hard to bring it to the Xbox family. And digital can stay on the store for like ever…. Doesn’t make any sense

I know, it sucks because I would love to have the entire FF series all the way to XV (minus the MMOs cause I dont have any interest in those) on Xbox as well.

I've already got VII, VIII, IX, X/X-2, XII, XIII trilogy and XV on Xbox.

Physical limited and exclusive to their Square store....so that sucks.

V-r0cK said:

Physical limited and exclusive to their Square store....so that sucks.

Yeah, especially for the shipping price. They know what they are doing lol

Ashadelo said:

Well, I doubt there is anything holding it from xbox, likely trying to fish for a gamepass deal. I can understand some of these more niche titles not coming but FF is just... a head scratcher for sure