By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Favorite Nu Metal (2000 band Metal)

Out of the bands listed as Nu Metal on Wikipedia, I like quite alot of them. Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Crossfade, Deftones, Disturbed, Demon Hunter, Evanesence, Five Finger Death Punch, Flyleaf, Godsmack, Kid Rock, Korn, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, POD, Red, Rob Zombie, Saliva, Seether, Sevendust, Skillet, Slipknot, Staind, System of a Down, Tantric, Thousand Foot Krutch, Trapt. However, many of those aren't truly Nu Metal imo. Out of the core Nu Metal bands, Korn is probably the most iconic with the sound that is most closely associated with Nu Metal.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 December 2022

Around the Network
drbunnig said:

I think Kittie got better when they started moving away from the nu sound. I found their debut very hit and miss.

I mean when they hit, they hit though. I specifically loved Brackish and Paper Doll 

CladInShadows said:

I was definitely not much into nu-metal, though I did own the first two Coal Chamber albums. I really can't listen to them much anymore though. I was also into Fear Factory, but mainly Demanufacture. I felt the nu sound really started with Obsolete and went full nu on Digimortal (awful album).

Oh and for whoever asked the question above...Rammstein is definitely not nu metal.

Ha, I love Digimortal. I remember my brother got a copy off his friend. I used to listen to it on repeat whilst playing Gizmos and Gadgets. Good times.

Korn is the alpha and omega of the genre.