By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 does it deserve it's metacritic?

Rate how was your time playing Persona 5, I heard several didnt like it's Dialogue and very predicable narrative, vs other RPG with incredible dialogues andt predicatible narratires was the side quest annoying? Rate thw gameplay and Overall experience compared to something like Xenoblade 3 and Wasteland 3?

I witness this in other forums and discord

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 27 November 2022

Around the Network

Few friends on Sega discord said Persona 5 is not better than Persona 4 though Persona 4 has Rise Kujikawa doing things that is super annoying to most and rather just play Chrono trigger again instead of persona 4? Checks few users review of Persona 4 in Vgchartz I studied I like them reviews too.

Persona 5 is my first Persona game and im 30ish hours into it. This game has caused me to laugh.... A LOT. Not sure about what other people think, nor do I know what the metacritic score. I also never watched any reviews on youtube. All my cosplaying friends in KL love the game. So I some trailers and thought it looked super fun.

So I got it, and for me... I its already my second favorite jprg, only behind FF7. It's also my favorite game for this year, I love it and so far would give an A+. The style is fantastic

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

Persona 5 is my first Persona game and im 30ish hours into it. This game has caused me to laugh.... A LOT. Not sure about what other people think, nor do I know what the metacritic score. I also never watched any reviews on youtube. All my cosplaying friends in KL love the game. So I some trailers and thought it looked super fun.

So I got it, and for me... I its already my second favorite jprg, only behind FF7. It's also my favorite game for this year, I love it and so far would give an A+. The style is fantastic

Hugs, I like this though you should try Vagrant Story and Xenogears on PS1 if you tried both try comparing those to Persona 5?

SegaHeart said:
Ashadelo said:

Hugs, I like this though you should try Vagrant Story and Xenogears on PS1 if you tried both try comparing those to Persona 5?

I beat Xenogears, really liked it, but I played it in 2006? I think, I never played vagrant story. However, I have beaten all the FF games, as those were the only games I really played for a long time. My first RPG was FF7 which I played it many years after its release, so it has a soft spot in my heart.

with all that said, what I really like about Persona 5 is...

1. The writing is super good (very funny and reminds me of when I was in school in China, I live in Malaysia now)
2. The story is not your typical save the world or war story.
3. The art style is top-notch 100%.
4. The music is soo soooooo good.

Last edited by Ashadelo - on 27 November 2022

我是广州人

Around the Network

It's a good game but it has severe pacing issues. It has the most production value and is undoubtedly the most successful, but I think Persona 4 tells a better story. I feel Tokyo Mirage Sessions has better dungeons. I did finish P5 twice once as Vanilla and the other as Royal. I also finished Strikers twice on Switch and PS4. I do like P5 but people overrate it a bit.I feel the dungeons and pacing bring it down a couple of notches.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ashadelo said:
SegaHeart said:

I beat Xenogears, really liked it, but I played it in 2006? I think, I never played vagrant story. I have played through all the final fantasy games, with the exception of 14. P5 is greater than them all.

I never played Final Fantasy 14 or several other Final Fantasy, I didn't know Persona 5 is greater than Final Fantasy 6 and 10? As well? Maybe others think same Persona 5 > Final Fantasy 6 and 8, 9, 10?

I know many people rave about 6. But when I first played that game it was already after 2005, and I personally like 5 more than 6. I think FF10 was so so

#1 FF7
#2 FF5
#3 FF8

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

I know many people rave about 6. But when I first played that game it was already after 2005, and I personally like 5 more than 6. I think FF10 was so so

#1 FF7
#2 FF5
#3 FF8

Where would you put 6?

SegaHeart said:
Ashadelo said:

#1 FF7
#2 FF5
#3 FF8

Where would you put 6?

#1 FFVII

#2 FFV

#3 FFVIII

#4 FFVI

#5 FF IX

#6 FF XV

#7 FF XII

#8 FF IV

#9 FF X

#10 FF XIII
#11 FF XI

#12 FF I

#13 FF III

#14 FF II

*never played XIV

After my top 5 I think all the FF games have major issues that bother me. Sometimes the combat system will be fantastic, but the character design is not good. For example, I highly enjoy 12. I did all the side bosses etc, But I hated, hated Vaan’s character design and the cast of characters was very meh. FF10 and 13 I think are kinda tied. I did not like the world of Spira but really liked Cocoon. However, FF10 characters are lot more developed. Both games are very linear.

Edit: BTW, FFT > all final fantasy with the exception of VII

我是广州人