By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards feature 50 games and I think alot of gamers prefer taste will ignore most of these?

Honestly looking more forward to the games being showcased than the awards. There’s a lot of games supposedly releasing next year that we haven’t seen much of. Even if there’s only 10 games showcased that pique my interest, it might still be worth it for me having to sit through trailers for things like Goat Simulator 3 DLC and random mobile games.

Around the Network

I'll bring my clown makeup and hope for news about SilkSong.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

You and me both

Sometime around the PS2 era, gaming went mainstream. Despite this, for a few years, there was still more of us than them. But then the inevitable happened and we were quickly outnumbered. Now, people like us are but a ripple in a tsunami. We don't matter, our tastes don't matter, and we can go jump off a high bridge for all they care... so when award shows like this disappoint, I'm not surprised. They aren't for me.

JackHandy said:

Sometime around the PS2 era, gaming went mainstream. Despite this, for a few years, there was still more of us than them. But then the inevitable happened and we were quickly outnumbered. Now, people like us are but a ripple in a tsunami. We don't matter, our tastes don't matter, and we can go jump off a high bridge for all they care... so when award shows like this disappoint, I'm not surprised. They aren't for me.

2004 is when I knew the best days are dead. The VGA's had Tony Hawk win best Sports game but Madden 2004 won GOTY.

With that said. Hey people go play Soulstice. If you like Bayonetta,DMC or Berserk. Or Stefani Joosten.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
JackHandy said:

Could not agree more. 

I did the mistake of trusting this guy on the first award show he did. It was being put as a way to stick it to the previous award show saying they dint understand gamers. Now they are exactly as the suits that ran the show before. The moment i heard this celeb is presenting i said the hell with this.

Ill wait to the recap of the games anounced the following day.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Could not agree more. 

I did the mistake of trusting this guy on the first award show he did. It was being put as a way to stick it to the previous award show saying they dint understand gamers. Now they are exactly as the suits that ran the show before. The moment i heard this celeb is presenting i said the hell with this.

Ill wait to the recap of the games anounced the following day.

I still remember the time they treated Angry Joe like shit, when they brought in the celebs and fucked over the Youtubers that showed up to side-line them for the celebs to take the limelight, I knew where TGA was headed.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Jpcc86 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You and me both

Me too

Every year it becomes the same thing for me. I have low expectations, somehow still get disappointed, tell myself I won't watch the awards ceremony next year, then watch it anyways lol.
I hope these games being shown are actual gameplay trailers... I know, will never happen.
I'm super disappointed in the nominees as well. Very happy for Xenoblade to get the recognition it deserves, but how are Plague Tale and Stray up for game of the year when they aren't even among the highest rated? They should also just label the Family section, best Nintendo game... I would laugh if Lego Star Wars wins it...
The way they rush through many awards too, do the games up for awards even get the recognition they deserve?
I know, these complaints aren't original... Just thought I'd add how I feel.

1doesnotsimply

People are so negative. I agree that we dont need celebrities that have nothing to do with gaming on there, but its about celebrating the year in gaming. I think Geoff does a good job trying. So you dont get to see many game announcements that appeal to you, so what? Im sure youll figure out a way to survive.