By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Tomorrow while I'm playing Tears of the Kingdom, this thread will be known as Tears of the Xbots.
Just wanted to get that joke in, I'm actually looking forward to the event somewhat, it's a nice feeling when the showcases are here, May-June Gaming Goodness. Hope they'll be some cool multiplatforms revealed here too.

Yeah, I'm primarily hyped to see 3rd party stuff. Never been a big fan of Sony 1st party games. Although rumors seem to suggest the most hype-worthy thing (Persone 3 Remake) will be at the Xbox showcase (grain of salt but I'm HYPING MYSELF UP ANYWAY)

Also hoping we maybe see FFVII Rebirth, I know XVI is about to launch in less than a month but I don't think Square will be shy about showing Rebirth at the Sony showcase. Supposedly supposed to launch within the next 12 months (or less) anyway so they'll probably want to give us a better look at the game than the first trailer we got. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Report: The Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake is real, and will be revealed soon for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC | Windows Central

Wow us Xbots should be grateful that Jimbo has allowed this game to release on our filthy peasant console, Thank you Jimbo you really are for the players

Absolutely dope Series S...

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft should offer to buy Relic from Sega.

Feels one more flop away from closure or merging into Creative Assembly with a layoff that big.

Microsoft should just buy SEGA

Definitely, by far one of the wisest acquisitions they could make.

Ryuu96 said:

PORT BEGGING WORKS!

ice said:

can we trade that game for something else that skipped xbox?

For real though. Koei Tecmo's Gust studio, who develops Atelier, has now said twice (February 2022 and March 2023) that they would port Atelier to Xbox if there was enough demand from Xbox fans, just like Microids said here yesterday. The replies to Koei Tecmo both times were tons of people begging for Xbox ports of Atelier, and yet almost a year and a half has passed since the first time Gust said that and still no Xbox port of any Atelier game. Meanwhile Microids posts that they will port Inspector Gadget to Xbox if there is enough demand and then the very next day says they saw enough demand to port it. You're telling me that there is more demand for an Inspector Gadget game, an IP from the 80's that hasn't really been relevant in 20 years, than there is demand for Atelier on Xbox, a series that has increased in popularity so much in recent years that it is now capable of selling 1.5m+ units lifetime per game?

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 May 2023

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol. No.

And yeah they have remasters but they also put a lot of effort in making games and even had time to come up with VR.... Honestly doing more than what you may expected so yeah aiming for the 10/10 effort leading to Fans being happy, Gamers in general being happy, Reviewers being happy, Streamers being happy, Media being happy to even non gamers being happy with shows like The Last of US...

Considering it has been almost seven months since the last 1st party exclusive from Sony, and that we are half way through this year and just now you are about to have a release date for their next one (which should be soon, right?), seems to me that Sony doesn't really need much to keep you happy. Apparently those single player games from Sony can be played on a loop for a whole year. I mean, but as long as your favorite Youtubers and Streamers keep repeating that they are happy..

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I know I'm but just to add to the conversation I don't want MS to start Money-hatting games but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be pissed when Sony does it to an established IP. It's very clear that the money is better spent getting games on Gamepass Day 1 instead of paying 100 Million just to get a AAA game exclusive to Xbox for 1 Year.

The biggest part of Microsoft that I'm disappointed in right now is Xbox Global Publishing they have been very mediocre this generation and the only successful games that they have been involved in have been titles that are already established IP like Gears Tactics, Flight Sim and Age of Empires. The only original games that they have announced so far have been ARA, Contaband and the KojiPro game that is years away. They should be securing 3rd party exclusives left and right both AAA and Indie with the budget increase that they have had since 2018.

So they’ve gone from no game on Xbox to magically having a working Xbox version ready to release? What a sad fucking dev trying to “look like the good guys” … there was always an Xbox version planned from the start, they just wanted you to beg for it, hope the game fails hard.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

EspadaGrim said:

I know I'm but just to add to the conversation I don't want MS to start Money-hatting games but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to be pissed when Sony does it to an established IP. It's very clear that the money is better spent getting games on Gamepass Day 1 instead of paying 100 Million just to get a AAA game exclusive to Xbox for 1 Year.

The biggest part of Microsoft that I'm disappointed in right now is Xbox Global Publishing they have been very mediocre this generation and the only successful games that they have been involved in have been titles that are already established IP like Gears Tactics, Flight Sim and Age of Empires. The only original games that they have announced so far have been ARA, Contaband and the KojiPro game that is years away. They should be securing 3rd party exclusives left and right both AAA and Indie with the budget increase that they have had since 2018.

Gears Tactics, Age of Empires have nothing to do with XGSP FWIW.

In fairness, I'd say the stuff they have released has been good quality (As Dusk Falls, Tell Me Why, Flight Simulator, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, etc), it just hasn't been huge AAA titles. And also Tbf to them, State of Decay 3, Fable would have been under them if not for the acquisitions, Lol.

They've been expanding at least, XGSP is bigger than it has ever been IIRC. I think we'll see great stuff from them in the near future, Project Belfry on paper sounds pretty cool, it was a good move to get KojiPro as well, Ara looks good, I've little faith in Contraband, Lol.

What I like about them though is that they're working with relatively unknown developers, As Dusk Falls was from a new studio, Belfry is from Stoic who aren't that well known, Shaolin is from a new studio (if it's Xbox), finally giving Certain Affinity a chance at an original IP.

If the rumoured project leaks are even true, Lol.

But FWIW the Linkedin sleuths over on ResetEra are thinking that IO Interactive's title is still Xbox exclusive based on stuff they've found and they're now seemingly 100% convinced that Unseen Inc is working with XGSP.