By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol. No.

Even the CMA gives better replies anyway could have elaborated atleast on the comment or don't say anything at all.

- Booting up the series console for the first time and seeing the dashboard just felt like a continuation of the Xbox one gen not bad not great, just Fine

Holding the controller for the first time and see how it only got like an extra button makes it like they did not put much thought on it.....Well it is Fine for the gamers

- Yeah great that you can have an external SSD card for Xbox but it is still so expensive....Making it Fine instead of great

- Based on the comments in this thread the last years services like Gold doesn't even come close to being Fine, it really feels like they don't put any effort in the service and I would say stop with gold and make online free.

- Gamepass was on top but also dipped a bit in the last year and that's the only thing that feels like they put atleast some effort in...

- Games in general, to name one thats going to be important later this year and could have his own controversy: 
  Forza Motorsport, fans are not happy with what's known so far, the amount of tracks and cars (only FM1 and FM2 had less) have them worried. 

The game really feels like it is going to launch in a Forza Motorsport infinite situation, launch with not that much content and promises with updates later... 
  It gets even worse if you know that later on they changed the car list and removed some of them with a message basically saying that they are not in the base game and you can acquire them later one in some ways (battlepass? DLC? Events?)  the worst that can happen is that the executives are Fine with it and release it in a state that the Forza community doesn't want....

- Deals, hate them love them whatever but it really feels like at a meeting someone mentioned that Sony has + 20 deals and the answer was 'Thats Fine we have Naraka, Crossfire, Ark 2, Kojima Cloud game and Stalker 2 those games will define the Xbox series games experience...

With Sony you feel they put effort in the controller, the PS plus games are way better and while they could not compete with gamepass they have introduced new services that honestly is improving fast and maybe already can compete with gamepass....   

And yeah they have remasters but they also put a lot of effort in making games and even had time to come up with VR.... Honestly doing more than what you may expected so yeah aiming for the 10/10 effort leading to Fans being happy, Gamers in general being happy, Reviewers being happy, Streamers being happy, Media being happy to even non gamers being happy with shows like The Last of US...

Lastly the discussion about Sony's and Xbox showcase doesn't mean so much when Sony will also have audience with geoffs summer of gaming event (death stranding 2), Tokyo game show where Ms only seems to announce games that were on Playstation and then oh boy we have the award show at the end of the year...

kk, going to take the time to answer I guess:

Your "fine" is purely based on your personal taste and you totally have the right to be unhappy or prefer the way Sony is doing it, but this has nothing to do with Microsoft not "trying" hard enough..

- Booting up the series console for the first time and seeing the dashboard just felt like a continuation of the Xbox one gen not bad not great, just Fine
Microsoft is going for consistency between all devices. I mean, this is not about being fine or not, it is about different vision and goals. Sony does NOT want continuation, they effectively are the Apple of the console market, they want people to sunk up as many money as they can suck out of their customers every generation. So yes, having that flashy start up screen will make them happy, Microsoft is not doing that (and frankly at this point we are arguing about doing something that more pro-consumer versus the other)

Holding the controller for the first time and see how it only got like an extra button makes it like they did not put much thought on it.....Well it is Fine for the gamers
See point #1. With a caveat, Sony came up with a new feature (like or not, I don't but it is still a new feature). Microsoft could def. do that to and it will be welcomed BUT again, you can play Xbox Series games with Xbox One controllers... That's a PLUS for consumers...

<- Yeah great that you can have an external SSD card for Xbox but it is still so expensive....Making it Fine instead of great
Definitely debatable... I mean both solutions have pros and cons, but having to disassemble my console to add some storage instead of a more expensive solution are both "Great" or "fine", but I would not say that one is better than another.

- Based on the comments in this thread the last years services like Gold doesn't even come close to being Fine, it really feels like they don't put any effort in the service and I would say stop with gold and make online free.
The new "service" is GamePass. And it IS better than what Sony has to offer... Compare apples and apples...

- Gamepass was on top but also dipped a bit in the last year and that's the only thing that feels like they put atleast some effort in...
What are you talking about? GamePass is still on top AND they are putting a LOT of effort in it, where were you for the past few months?

- Games in general, to name one thats going to be important later this year and could have his own controversy: 
  Forza Motorsport, fans are not happy with what's known so far, the amount of tracks and cars (only FM1 and FM2 had less) have them worried. 
  The game really feels like it is going to launch in a Forza Motorsport infinite situation, launch with not that much content and promises with updates later... 
  It gets even worse if you know that later on they changed the car list and removed some of them with a message basically saying that they are not in the base game and you can acquire them later one in some ways (battlepass? DLC? Events?)  the worst that can happen is that the executives are Fine with it and release it in a state that the Forza community doesn't want....
Where are you getting that? This game is not even out yet, we have no details and you are coming up with a lot of speculations. This should not even be a key point.

- Deals, hate them love them whatever but it really feels like at a meeting someone mentioned that Sony has + 20 deals and the answer was 'Thats Fine we have Naraka, Crossfire, Ark 2, Kojima Cloud game and Stalker 2 those games will define the Xbox series games experience...
This is the same thing coming up over and over... Deals for Sony cost like 3 or 4 times less MONEY to make than Xbox. And NO, Xbox is NOT Microsoft as a whole, they have their own budget and can get only a fraction of those because of the marketshare. Nobody said it is "fine". But it is what they can do.

And yeah they have remasters but they also put a lot of effort in making games and even had time to come up with VR.... Honestly doing more than what you may expected so yeah aiming for the 10/10 effort leading to Fans being happy, Gamers in general being happy, Reviewers being happy, Streamers being happy, Media being happy to even non gamers being happy with shows like The Last of US...
This is because they have 70%+ of the marketshare... Of course people will notice, make noise, talk, be happy something new comes for their ecosystem, whatever Sony does more. Sony just closed a studio, and nobody gave a shit, Microsoft is going to remove one soda dispenser from the cafeteria of one of their Studios, people will riot and streamers will be after their butt for it... 
One game came out with a bad score, and it is the end of Xbox for some and they will still be talking about for months...
Forspokan was bad as hell, people already stopped talking about it 30 minutes after the game came out... 

Your whole stance about Microsoft being okay with "fine" or "6/10" makes no sense. No business out there will be 'fine' with that. They are all trying to do their best with whatever tools they have and thinking otherwise is a bit naive (no disrespect there). And they also have very different goals.

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 23 May 2023

Nothing Screams Aiming for 6/10 Like...

• Having an average Metascore of 87.4 in 2021, the first time ever for a publisher.
  • Having an average Metascore of 80+ since 2020.
  • Expanding your Xbox Studios from 6 to 23. 
  • Growing 6 of those new studios to AAA from AA or brand new.
  • Having 30+ projects in development of various sizes (AA-AAA) and genres.
  • Giving your teams a lot of resources and time.
  • Acquiring an entire publisher, responsible for one of the biggest IPs of all time.
  • Trying to acquire the largest publisher in the industry (failure is irrelevant in relation to aiming).
  • Having one of the most diverse line-ups amongst major publishers in terms of genres.
  • Releasing two 90+ titles since 2020 (Flight Sim, Forza Horizon) and multiple in the high 80s.
  • Having the most powerful console on paper.

But the OS! The Controller! The External SSD!

We really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, Lmao. I think you honestly enjoy being negative sometimes.

The OS doesn't need a massive revamp just cause "next gen" who honestly gives a shit, if anything I'm sick of how much the OS changes, they should stop changing it after the upcoming tile resizing and focus on other OS features such as Achievements.

The Xbox controller is great, it has always been great, it doesn't need any drastic changes.

SSD situation is unfortunate how long they had a deal with Seagate for but hardly worth listing as a reason why they're aiming for 6/10, Lmao. Just delete some shit off your HD and wait for a cheaper SSD.

Yes Games with Gold sucks, I've not cared about Games with Gold since Game Pass though, and I'm willing to bet that like 80% of Gamers are only on XBLG for Xbox Live anyway, not GwG.

Game Pass is still great. It has had multiple high quality releases this year, a few major ones, a few titles which despite reviews were well received by the public and played by millions, and despite all the complaining about the Japanese releases, Game Pass in 2023 has had more Japanese releases, more Japanese publishers and more genre variety than 2022/2021/2020 dates aligned (Jan - May).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 May 2023

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol. No.

Even the CMA gives better replies anyway could have elaborated atleast on the comment or don't say anything at all.
-Snip-

Basically you wrote a whole story on how you dislike the business decisions MS has made, fare enough but your opinion that MS just settle is more how you perceived the situation than anything else.  If you believe Sony try harder then its all good but your justification points are more opinion than anything else.  I am sure Ryuu decided trying to argue you on your personal opinion is a waste of time and effort.  It is just how You feel.

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol. No.

[...]

Booting up the series console for the first time and seeing the dashboard just felt like a continuation of the Xbox one gen not bad not great, just Fine

Xbox dashboard is continually evolving, if it feels like a continuation of the Xbox One dashboard that's because it is, there's no point in evolving the dashboard in a gen-over-gen manner if you are continually evolving it anyway.

Xbox Series controller does feature some great improvements over the Xbox One version but it sure is more subtle and there's a reason for that, it's the same reason Xbox controllers are consistently top-ranked on PC neutral ground vs competition.

Yeah great that you can have an external SSD card for Xbox but it is still so expensive....Making it Fine instead of great

Could be better but it is getting cheaper and also worth remembering Series X does offer more capacity by default.

Based on the comments in this thread the last years services like Gold doesn't even come close to being Fine, it really feels like they don't put any effort in the service and I would say stop with gold and make online free.

You're mixing gold and game with gold. Games with gold are what is lacking in quality and the competition doesn't fare any better overall.

Gamepass was on top but also dipped a bit in the last year and that's the only thing that feels like they put atleast some effort in...

On what ground is it supposed to have dipped? if this is about the quantity of AAA releases then it's the issue is not about Game Pass itself and Xbox sure is taking every step necessary to fix underlying issues.

Games in general, to name one thats going to be important later this year and could have his own controversy: 

Fans are just fans and worry about everything, the same is true for all franchises, here are Zelda fans worrying about tears of the kingdom because of a missing character in a trailer 

Deals, hate them love them whatever but it really feels like at a meeting someone mentioned that Sony has + 20 deals and the answer was 'Thats Fine we have Naraka, Crossfire, Ark 2, Kojima Cloud game and Stalker 2 those games will define the Xbox series games experience...

The issue is Xbox doing AAA deals, they get trashed in public opinion court, Sony does it, they get praised as a results Xbox choose to focus on AA, 2nd party deals and PC port to Xbox with GamePass deals.

With Sony you feel they put effort in the controller, the PS plus games are way better and while they could not compete with gamepass they have introduced new services that honestly is improving fast and maybe already can compete with gamepass....   

As mentioned earlier there are reasons why Sony needs to put more effort into their controller as opposed to Xbox, the same is true for PlayStation Plus offering.

Sony doesn't aim to make every of their project 10/10 they just shut down projects that won't result in such, Xbox embrace more diversity in their offering even though some type don't review as well as other.

Lastly the discussion about Sony's and Xbox showcase doesn't mean so much when Sony will also have audience with geoffs summer of gaming event (death stranding 2), Tokyo game show where Ms only seems to announce games that were on Playstation and then oh boy we have the award show at the end of the year...

I didn't see anybody try to discredit other shows either and MS did fare very well in the 2021 award shows and could do as much in the future.

Around the Network

PORT BEGGING WORKS!

can we trade that game for something else that skipped xbox?

I'll give them credit, at least they actually listened, unlike many other developers who make people port beg on Twitter but then do absolutely nothing, oh just beg us if you want an Xbox port, a year later, beg us some more, a year later, fill out this survey if you're interested in us porting to your platform.

ice said:

can we trade that game for something else that skipped xbox?

+1 lol

I'm getting a weird deja vu feeling.

Ryuu96 said:

Not really a comment on who has better shows, it's all personal opinions, I've liked Xbox's more but I am an Xbox fan for a reason.

I don't really judge shows in hindsight because at the end of the day, these showcases are nothing more than marketing tools and as such it's the marketing which should be judged, nobody can predict for certain when a title announced at a showcase will release or what quality it will release at but they can judge the quality of the marketing at the time of the showcase.

Great announcements remain great announcements even if the final product hasn't yet released and changing on hindsight will mean changing a lot, lets use 2020 for example, if you change your opinion on the show to (lets say average) because the games have not yet released but then the games do release (to critical acclaim) does that show suddenly become one of the best shows ever?

Marketing is wholly separate from the development team, we should be judging the marketing team. It ain't like we can play any of these games at the showcases until their release months - years later so we can't judge quality of the game itself. Imo it's irrelevant to the marketing quality if the game has yet to be released.

2018 and 2020 did their jobs in generating excitement for the Xbox brand and renewing faith in it, it's not the marketing teams fault that the games have not yet released, but I would say the marketing should be showing these games more often or giving updates on their development progress. At the time I can only judge the showcase on what I was shown.

Sony's E3 of Dreams was considered amazing at the time, Shenmue was a huge hyped announcement but a disaster on release but it doesn't change that at the time the announcement was hugely well received. I judge the showcases on what I felt at the time and not what I feel now years later because that will constantly be shifting. Shenmue being a dud doesn't change how well received the showcase was.

Yeah, the shows are fun in and of themselves. Give gamers something to look forward to. Plenty of times reaction videos are a lot of fun too. 

konnichiwa said:

100.000 fans gave up on the possible existence of Shenmue 3, they all wanted it so much but knew it was an impossible dream....So yeah ofcourse the announcement was huge, the fact that the game could exist was the dream coming true, similar vibe with Nintendo fans who gave on the Gamecube and accepted that Nintendo was going to stay kiddo and bam then a amazing looking Twilight dreams was announced....Or similar when a new New half life was announced even being VR did not matter...

Mentioned a few times before but Sony so far could be rated an 8.5/10 for this generation and they still would try to aim for a 10/10 while MS gives the impression they are only aiming for a 6/10 and are fine with it.

MS is definitely putting in a lot of effort. 

But these things take a lot of time. It usually takes 6+ years to make a game. If MS were to start 10 studios right now or something, it would likely be 2029 before most of them put out games. 

konnichiwa said:

- Yeah great that you can have an external SSD card for Xbox but it is still so expensive....Making it Fine instead of great

A lot of these things are very subjective.

Xbox controller is considered by a lot of people to be the best. Whereas Sony had more to work on, and more to prove. 

I haven't seen many people say that Gamepass has fallen behind. Plenty of people are pretty happy with what PS+ Extra is, but generally I think most people prefer Gamepass. I doubt 25 million people are on PS+ Extra.  

It's a good thing there's a showcase coming soon so that we can see what games MS is making or otherwise bringing to their platform.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 23 May 2023