By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, it's not going to be a fun day for those of us who don't have a PS5 yet, like myself, I'm waiting on a PS5 Slim which appears to be at least 2 years away currently (only the detachable disc drive big PS5, PS5 cloud handheld, and PS5 Pro seem to be releasing in 2023 and 2024 according to Tom Henderson's leaks). We've already heard that Sony has Persona 6 as a timed hat, fearful they will at least one other AAA 3rd party hat on their show, like Bioshock 4.

Tbf, at least with Persona 6 being a PS exclusive for like 5yrs you’ll have plenty of time to finish Persona 5 :P

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, it's not going to be a fun day for those of us who don't have a PS5 yet, like myself, I'm waiting on a PS5 Slim which appears to be at least 2 years away currently (only the detachable disc drive big PS5, PS5 cloud handheld, and PS5 Pro seem to be releasing in 2023 and 2024 according to Tom Henderson's leaks). We've already heard that Sony has Persona 6 as a timed hat, fearful they will at least one other AAA 3rd party hat on their show, like Bioshock 4.

Tbf, at least with Persona 6 being a PS exclusive for like 5yrs you’ll have plenty of time to finish Persona 5 :P

We're also getting P3 Remake on Xbox according to the leak, Sony only hatted Persona 6. No news about Atlus' Project ReFantasy being announced this summer though, one has to wonder what is taking so long on it. It was announced way back in 2016, and in 2020 the director, Katsura Hashino, stated that development had reached it's climax, that was 2 and a half years ago.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Spade said:

I very much doubt we are getting anything exclusive from Japan, maybe that Kojima game. But definitely no acquisitions lol.
Best we can hope for in Japan in port parity and late ports as of now sadly. Would love if Tango was working on something JRPG wise. MS would own a JRPG studio

True. There is a zero chance that Japanese studio will be making Xbox exclusive unless Microsoft owns them like Tango. Anyone thinking otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.

Did Kojima suddenly vanish?

They've literally hired Xbox Game Studio Publishing Producers specifically for Japan again for the first time since the X360 era.

Japanese exclusives will come, they didn't hire those dudes just for Kojima, Lol.

They would have just used one of their Western Producers.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2023

I wish Hironobu Sakaguchi would come back to console gaming. MS should really reach out to him unless he just really enjoys making mobile games (waste of his talents if so).

Matt Smith - Executive Producer - Xbox Game Studios Publishing | LinkedIn

Now I'm applying that experience partnering with exceptional developers on really exciting projects as part of Xbox Game Studios Publishing.

Matthew Hope - Senior Producer, Xbox Game Studios Publishing - Xbox Game Studios Publishing | LinkedIn

Both based in Tokyo, Japan.

In the past, Microsoft has just used Western Producers to work on Japanese projects, I.E. Scalebound.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

True. There is a zero chance that Japanese studio will be making Xbox exclusive unless Microsoft owns them like Tango. Anyone thinking otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.

They've literally hired Xbox Game Studio Publishing Producers specifically for Japan again for the first time since the X360 era.

Japanese exclusives will come, they didn't hire those dudes just for Kojima, Lol.

Yeah, I think they have plans for some 2nd party JP exclusives, that's why I put it on my list of things I want to see on the showcase. Doesn't make sense to hire multiple Xbox Global Publishing (2nd party) producers specifically for the Japanese and Asia market if they don't plan on getting any 2nd party JP and other Asian country exclusives except for the Kojima cloud game.

Ryuu96 said:

Kojima is very Western-oriented developer and his games are mainly targeted for Western audiences. He is a bit different than the rest. I somewhat knew that someone will bring up Kojima in response to that comment. Should have added him as an exception

Ok I got a game pitch for a Japanese dev;

Dragons
Dubstep
Dante wannabe characters
Dragon riding
And dragons

That just screams profit to me.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Kojima is very Western-oriented developer and his games are mainly targeted for Western audiences. He is a bit different than the rest. I somewhat knew that someone will bring up Kojima in response to that comment. Should have added him as an exception

Meh. Lol. He's a Japanese developer. Unless all you're asking for is JRPGs...Japanese developers can be diverse too, Lol. I wouldn't call him an exception, unless we start saying "not you, not you, etc" and we're down to a very specific list of what Japanese developers actually count...

Kojima, despite the dislike for him here, is a really influential fella with a lot of friendships in Japan as well, if Xbox treats him well then that would do good things for helping their standing in the Japanese developer community.

Anyways, they didn't hire those XGSP Producers in Japan specifically just for Kojima...Fairly obvious more Japanese Publishing deals will come eventually.

Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Meh. Lol. He's a Japanese developer. Unless all you're asking for is JRPGs...Japanese developers can be diverse too, Lol. I wouldn't call him an exception, unless we start saying "not you, not you, etc" and we're down to a very specific list of what Japanese developers actually count...

Kojima, despite the dislike for him here, is a really influential fella with a lot of friendships in Japan as well, if Xbox treats him well then that would do good things for helping their standing in the Japanese developer community.

Anyways, they didn't hire those XGSP Producers in Japan specifically just for Kojima...Fairly obvious more Japanese Publishing deals will come eventually.

Yeah, the last thing I think of when you say FromSoftware or Capcom, is JRPG's lol