By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Most of the criticism about Lego 2k Drive seems to be just about microtransactions and your typical open world filled with "busy work".

Considering I'm adept at ignoring microtransactions exist and I enjoy ubisoft openworld games I think I'll enjoy it.

Right after EU, I guess that rumour from last year was true, Lol.

Microsoft's Planned $69B Activision Purchase Gets China Antitrust Approval - Report | Seeking Alpha

• China's State Administration for Market Regulation granted unconditional approval for the deal late in a Phase III review, according to a Dealreporter item, which cited sources familiar.

UK vs The World. Classic British. 2/4 of the Major Regulators.

But again, FTC has no power to block or approve so I don't really count them, it's the courts who decide and the courts WILL side with Microsoft. Once the FTC court case is out of the way it will be UK vs The World, The Market, etc. CMA will be on their own, aside from I think Australia may side with UK because it is obvious they've been delaying to wait for someone else to go first and New Zealand is delaying to wait on Australia's decision.

I wonder if we're going to get a similar weird ass defensive response from the CMA in response to China approving like they did with EU...

Zippy6 said:

Most of the criticism about Lego 2k Drive seems to be just about microtransactions and your typical open world filled with "busy work".

Considering I'm adept at ignoring microtransactions exist and I enjoy ubisoft openworld games I think I'll enjoy it.

Watched some streamers play it and I was underwhelmed. It's nice that you can build your own car but the races looked really dull.

It was basically one big pile of cars driving around a too tight circuit, constantly blocking themselves and tons of explosions going on due to Mario Kart like items so no one could build up a lead with their driving skills.

Around the Network

If UK was still in EU this deal would be closing by next week and you'd be playing Diablo on Game Pass

Ryuu96 said:

Right after EU, I guess that rumour from last year was true, Lol.

Microsoft's Planned $69B Activision Purchase Gets China Antitrust Approval - Report | Seeking Alpha

• China's State Administration for Market Regulation granted unconditional approval for the deal late in a Phase III review, according to a Dealreporter item, which cited sources familiar.

Not surprised. ABK pulled out of China after Netease demanded too much during contract renegotiations and reportedly threatened to sic the Chinese Regulator on them if they didn't agree to their unfair deal. China's best hope of getting ABK games back in the country is Xbox acquiring ABK and negotiating a new China publishing deal, hopefully with Tencent or Perfect World instead of Netease.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 May 2023

• Green = Approved.
  • Orange = Challenged.
  • Red = Blocked.
  • Blue = Reportedly Approving.

Now if Canada could approve it that'd be nice. If only Microsoft could force FTC to court...If they could do that before the CAT tribunal and win then that would put CMA in an even worse position but it looks unlikely. FTC is so shitty with these delay tactics, Lol. Know they won't beat Microsoft in court so just drag it out as long as possible until CMA wins then say "we did it!" even though they did nothing.

Should have put a big X over Russia, nobody cares about their approval.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 May 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Now if Canada could approve it that'd be nice. If only Microsoft could force FTC to court...If they could do that before the CAT tribunal and win then that would put CMA in an even worse position but it looks unlikely. FTC is so shitty with these delay tactics, Lol. Know they won't beat Microsoft in court so just drag it out as long as possible until CMA wins then say "we did it!" even though they did nothing.

Should have put a big X over Russia, nobody cares about their approval.

I mean, couldn't MS still just close over them in the US within the next month or so and force the FTC's hand?