By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
PixelPirate said:

How do you guys deal with choice fatigue? With gamepass and digital libraries including backwards compatible games I sometimes feel overwhelmed with choice. Having a wife and kids, and a full time job, also limits the time I'm able to game.

I'm in EXACLTY the same boat! I have a 2 year old toddler. I'm personally only able to game 2 to 3 nights a week after putting the baby down for the night, and of course spending the rest of my evenings with my wife. So I'm personally VERY selective over what I play. There's times where I'll spend two months with only one or two games lol.

I'm a big FPS, WRPG, and Strategy fan, and this year lately, Survival Horror fan. I'm also a fan of specific studios like Obsidian, Bethesda Game Studios, and Capcom, which I also take into consideration. 

So I'll look at the list of upcoming games that fit that criteria and deduce from there. I definitely try out new games that look interesting to me like Hi-Fi Rush. Which I personally loved, and I'll plan out accordingly the order of games I'll play. That at least means I always have something to play

This month was supposed to be Redfall but turned out to be a bust for me. I don't waste my time playing a game that is going to be a drag. So I'm going to try out Ravenlock and Atomic Heart since the rest of the month is pretty slow.

I also only use Game Pass on months where there's a specific game I want to play. Redfall I decided was going to be a GP title for me, so I subscribed for the month of May.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

IGN is just dogpiling for clicks at this point, this feels like about the 10th tweet attacking Xbox and/or Redfall that I have seen from IGN in the last week. I'm just about done with IGN at this point.  

Yah this Ryan dude is really annoying me... He is ALWAYS jumping on small stuff like that make it a huge deal.

What annoys me with IGN is :

On one hand you have the Play Station channel going all out about how everything is green, even when a game is a flop they manage to make it sounds okay; distribute 10s here and there for games that are def. not 10

And then we have our Xbox channel with this Ryan dude that constantly bitch of Xbox as soon as something is not perfect, keep talking about how he played this and that on Play Station during the weekend etc (during the freaking Xbox podcast...), would not dare give a 10 to any Xbox game cause he was to show how "unabiased" and "fair" he is.. 

I wish the glass dude running the Play Station channel would be the one being on Xbo side. yes he is biased like hell but having this clown Ryan is so frustrating some time. 

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 09 May 2023

PixelPirate said:

How do you guys deal with choice fatigue? With gamepass and digital libraries including backwards compatible games I sometimes feel overwhelmed with choice. Having a wife and kids, and a full time job, also limits the time I'm able to game.

I usually just focus on what I want to play, if a new games comes out I don't have an issue jumping right into it even if there are a bunch of games I'd like to play.  Where I run into trouble, is when they announce the games leaving, and if there are 2 or more games leaving soon that I want to play, I get stressed out a bit.

PixelPirate said:

I've got this all the time. I got 2000 Xbox games to choose from (okay beat like half of them but still...). My advice would be to stop thinking and just boot something up. The time you spend thinking about what you play is just wasted time.

Parris, Klob and Miles are the only Xbox orientated folk you need to follow.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

IGN is just dogpiling for clicks at this point, this feels like about the 10th tweet attacking Xbox and/or Redfall that I have seen from IGN in the last week. I'm just about done with IGN at this point.  

I gotta say, you are actually helping them by sharing their articles and tweets. They want clicks, you're giving them clicks, they will rinse and repeat.

chakkra said:
shikamaru317 said:

I gotta say, you are actually helping them by sharing their articles and tweets. They want clicks, you're giving them clicks, they will rinse and repeat.

Hopefully none of y'all clicked on it, I only posted it to raise awareness of how sad they have become. I sure didn't open the article because I didn't want to give them the clicks that they seem to be after. Ended up unfollowing them on Twitter because I'm sick of seeing their negativity on my timeline. 

I'm sorry but I think the lot of y'all have some big-time recency bias about IGN. Need I remind you that they gave FH5 a 10 AND named it their GOTY, while Keighley and many other gaming sites didn't even nominate it? They raved about Hi-Fi Rush and gave it a 9, Halo Infinite a 9, Flight Simulator a 10, etc. They've supported XBox more than a lot of other general gaming sites like Gamespot, Kinda Funny, Giant Bomb, etc in my opinion.

That article being referenced is not mean-spirited or telling lies, it's trying to figure out why a console that's been out for over 2.5 years has only released good AAA games for like 2 months of that time while owning over 20 studios. It's a legitimate question and one that, like it or not, a lot of people are asking.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:

I'm sorry but I think the lot of y'all have some big-time recency bias about IGN. Need I remind you that they gave FH5 a 10 AND named it their GOTY, while Keighley and many other gaming sites didn't even nominate it? They raved about Hi-Fi Rush and gave it a 9, Halo Infinite a 9, Flight Simulator a 10, etc. They've supported XBox more than a lot of other general gaming sites like Gamespot, Kinda Funny, Giant Bomb, etc in my opinion.

That article being referenced is not mean-spirited or telling lies, it's trying to figure out why a console that's been out for over 2.5 years has only released good AAA games for like 2 months of that time while owning over 20 studios. It's a legitimate question and one that, like it or not, a lot of people are asking.

HELL YEAH, TELL EM KENJAB! And IGN gave Pentiment a 10 as well! 

All hail IGN! fr though, IGN is a piece of a crap gaming journalist company, but you're not wrong on this particular topic. It does seem like Starfield will pave the way for all the games that will finally be releasing and IGN can go back to giving Xbox exclusives 9s and 10s on a regular basis unlike that one reviewer, can't remember who, that doxed Hi-Fi Rush due to Xbox not releasing enough exclusives

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.