By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

The sad reality is whilst this is the last Arkane game of the Zenimax era the damage might well and truly be done. How long until the next true Arkane SP game, 4,5,6 years? Will there even be another core SP game? How long until the main talent starts to leave? When Redfall fails critically the blame needs to be split 3 ways. Almost all on Zenimax management for forcing Arkane to follow their utterly stupid MP endeavours for a second time, on Phil for continuing to be “hands off” with Xbox studios and not reigning this shit in and honestly …Arkane need to hang their head in shame and take the last of the blame… a 4/10 is disgraceful and beneath their proven ability. DMCA striking everybody, unconvincing gameplay shown throughout, no reviews till release day and the first leaked reviews aren’t good, this might actually be a low/mid 60s and that is truly… truly sad to see how far Arkane has fallen.

Edit: ACG calling it one of the worst games of 2023. RIP.

About 4-6 years give or take would be a fair estimate but depends on factors like new IP, sequels, if Lyon/Austin join forces again, etc. Lyon seems to be fine, Deathloop didn't seem to do that great commercially which is typical but it scored well, although practically everyone I talk to aside from reviewers say that Deathloop is overrated, but still a good title, I think most would still want Lyon to do a single-player only title next though.

Austin will have to have a long think after this and maybe be pre-occupied for a while, Lyon is almost certainly already in development of their next title shortly after the release of Deathloop so when you say "when is Arkane's next title" it also depends, Lyon or Austin? Lol. This split structure situation means they are basically two independent studios.

Yeah, I do think Zenimax shares a large part of the blame here, by the time Xbox acquired them it was probably too late but I did notice a change in marketing for Redfall over the years from "live-service/multiplayer" to "single-player too! Arkane DNA!" but honestly I don't really blame Arkane at all...If they were made to do this, something completely out of their wheel house, then it's hard to blame them.

Plus on a new engine to them and open world which Unreal Engine 4 sucks at.

DMCA striking would be on Zenimax, the review situation is Zenimax too, they've been fuckers with reviews since Doom 2016 where they've either been embargo's until launch, or only a day before, sometimes not sending some outlets reviews altogether and they've defended it in the past, honestly Zenimax corporate just sucks.

Maybe Pete Hines as Head of Publishing for Bethesda Softworks will change things overtime...At least let their studios do what they want. I don't think delaying this title would have really helped with reviews, it seems like the core idea is just bad and would need a reboot, it's probably for the best to just get it out and move on.

Should say it's sad to see how hard Arkane Austin has fallen* Cause Lyon is still killing it for the most part.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

The funny thing is (and you can @Me if I’m wrong which I won’t be) but daddy Bethesda gonna release one of the most stable games of the year with Starfield.

#Doubt.

I'll still love it!

Need some Bethesda fun bugs too. Get hit by a troll on another planet and get shot into outer-space.

Good thing we know that reviewers will still score it highly even if it's riddled with performance issues ey Jedi Survivor. 👀

Thoughts?

gtotheunit91 said:

Thoughts?

Massive improvement, Lol.

Now for the love of God stop changing the UI and move onto other OS things

It's perfect now, it looks great, anyone who bitches is wrong, Lol.

Around the Network

Need June to come ASAP. Lol. Xbox needs a reset for the 2nd half of the year, next fiscal year. They started the year so brilliant with Hi-Fi Rush and the Dev Direct but then the Activision-Blizzard-King block and Redfall's reviews sucked the energy out of the room. I would still say 2023 so far is a lot better than 2022 aligned but that's not a high bar because nothing released until like July, Lol.

Although, nothing much released in 2021 until the Holiday season too so probably launch aligned, Hi-Fi Rush > Nothing, Lol. Legends is pretty fun too.

Starting June, they need to have a big showcase, they need to abandon the next 12 months and show a updates to titles further out (I.E. Fable) to install some confidence back into them. Marketing needs revamp and a new push, I liked the start of the year they had that Game Pass branding and it felt like it would be a continued theme but it went nowhere.

They need to stop talking about Activision-Blizzard-King, they need to consider it dead at this point and put all their attention back into the current Xbox, they should do another Dev Direct shortly after E3 and show up to all major events. Make some more acquisitions too of certain individual studios to bolster their support network.

This year can still be great with Starfield, Forza Motorsport & Hellblade II but they need to put their full attention on those now, do everything to get them out to a high standard and on time, it's time to forget everything about Activision-Blizzard and consider it dead, it's too much of a distraction. Microsoft legal can handle the rest, Phil shouldn't be involved anymore and move full steam ahead on those releases with a new marketing campaign.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2023

Beautiful.

Ryuu96 said:

Beautiful.

To be honest the icons are still to big, the could make them smaller but it is an improvement.

I do like that new UI, hopefully it doesn’t spend months in preview again. Decided to start Kingdoms of Amalur: RR, will give Redfall a good month to get its priority patches I mean I 100% ReCore so I’m fully able to play janky af games :L

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:

Need June to come ASAP. Lol. Xbox needs a reset for the 2nd half of the year, next fiscal year. They started the year so brilliant with Hi-Fi Rush and the Dev Direct but then the Activision-Blizzard-King block and Redfall's reviews sucked the energy out of the room. I would still say 2023 so far is a lot better than 2022 aligned but that's not a high bar because nothing released until like July, Lol.

Although, nothing much released in 2021 until the Holiday season too so probably launch aligned, Hi-Fi Rush > Nothing, Lol. Legends is pretty fun too.

Starting June, they need to have a big showcase, they need to abandon the next 12 months and show a updates to titles further out (I.E. Fable) to install some confidence back into them. Marketing needs revamp and a new push, I liked the start of the year they had that Game Pass branding and it felt like it would be a continued theme but it went nowhere.

They need to stop talking about Activision-Blizzard-King, they need to consider it dead at this point and put all their attention back into the current Xbox, they should do another Dev Direct shortly after E3 and show up to all major events. Make some more acquisitions too of certain individual studios to bolster their support network.

This year can still be great with Starfield, Forza Motorsport & Hellblade II but they need to put their full attention on those now, do everything to get them out to a high standard and on time, it's time to forget everything about Activision-Blizzard and consider it dead, it's too much of a distraction. Microsoft legal can handle the rest, Phil shouldn't be involved anymore and move full steam ahead on those releases with a new marketing campaign.

1) You create confidence with releasing good/great content or having those so called W.  A trailer and some gameplay creates potential hype but not so much confidence.
2) Agree and disagree with the 12 months, Agree with not mentioning 12 months but they should have the majority of the games shown with an expected release date between now and 12 months (if they expect first half of 2024 for game X it should be shown in the showcase but don't say it will release for sure in the first half, have a dev direct later to give us the release date).

3) No doubt the year can be great, personally more excited about the stuff we don't know that have the potential to release this year. Starfield has 11th of june to create confidence and hype.  Hellblade II, don't know how people really feel about the game, feels like a 'oh yeah that game exist' and some of us for sure will try,  Forza tho.....the community is really not having it,  200 cars less than the last forza game thats what the community can swallow but having 12 tracks less than the last one and the lowest number of tracks since FM2 is dissapointing.  If they announce great support after its launch, bimonthly updates with new cars/tracks for free as an example it will be fine.