By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Jez said on Xbox Two Microsoft and Square have bad blood but didn't elaborate, Lol.

What could they possibly have beef about? Maybe SE promised an Xbox port of FF14 then once Phil made the promise publicly they went PSYCHE!

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jez said on Xbox Two Microsoft and Square have bad blood but didn't elaborate, Lol.

What could they possibly have beef about? Maybe SE promised an Xbox port of FF14 then once Phil made the promise publicly they went PSYCHE!

What annoys all companies, money.

If I were to guess, Square got greedy and asked for too much.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

What annoys all companies, money.

If I were to guess, Square got greedy and asked for too much.

Square got used to MS forking over $100 million for a game and wanted to get even more than that probably for other big games. Nintendo had almost 2 years of console exclusivity for Monster Hunter Rise for only $5 million. Makes you wonder how much Sony has had to pay Square for their exclusives. 

Ryuu96 said:

He also said that the blame is not entirely on Square for the constant skipping of Xbox on twitter, suggested that Phil stopped giving them Gamepass money because he wasn't seeing return on investment, so basically not enough Xbox people were downloading and playing Square games on Gamepass. So basically it seems like Phil is to blame because he isn't willing to throw money at the Japan problem like say Peter Moore was, while Square is to blame for expecting Gamepass deals for every port. The two need to work something out, this whole every single Square game skipping Xbox thing is annoying as shit, especially when it is costing us games like FF and most likely KH4 and DQ12 as well, which would have been profitable for sure unlike some of the more niche stuff. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 April 2023

He also said this though, Jez can be confusing sometimes, Lol.

I don't agree it's Xbox's fault if Square is asking for too much money though, this is the same company that constantly bitches about multi-million selling titles under-performing, in general has ridiculous sales expectations and skimmed $100m off Microsoft for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Like, Sega, a far less wealthier company than Square, actually tries at least, once Yakuza was established, the following sequels were released not on Game Pass, other far more niche titles are coming to Xbox and/or Game Pass, but Square can't put their biggest franchises on Xbox, Lol. They need Xbox to pay them to do it, and they now apparently have to pay for every single one, I'd not be surprised if Square is asking for more than the port costs as well

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 April 2023

Around the Network

Be hilarious if he joined Blizzard Jk. He isn't.

Just another possibility, ProbablyMonsters, a lot of senior Bungie employees in those 3 studios.

Spade said:

Kingdom Hearts Diary Day 5: My time in KH 1 has ended. What a journey... Met two of the most annoying party members and some pretty cool side characters.Exploring the different worlds and seeing how the characters interacted was one of the best parts. Wonderland was probably my least favorite and Atlantica was probably my favorite. Story was pretty nonsensical. Bosses were pretty cool, I liked the ability to climb on some of them to target weak points. Combat got a little better over time as well; free form fights in Neverland, Atlantis were a nice mix up as well. Music was pretty great as well, not complaints in that regard. Disney and FF characters had a nice blend as well. 

@NobleTeam360 Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight. 

KH2 and BBS are way better games in terms of gameplay.

Planning to jump back into my KH Marathon after a long break from it.

BBS is the next game for me (will be the 3rd time I'll be playing it since I played it on PSP and PS3 already)

I'm also planning to get the KH series on Xbox for a future playthrough.

Ryuu96 said:

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Bet you its money issues stemming from the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal days on top of Gamepass and FFXIV.

This car straight up refuses to show the correct class -^-

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 08 April 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Off topic but socks are the worst thing ever invented, only ever wear em to work… hate em. Sock haters rise up.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Americans screwing over Japan that's no news.