By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45

There's no reason why MachineGames shouldn't be ready to show SOMETHING that they've been working on. The last "release" was a DLC for the Quake Remaster in 2021. They haven't had a big release since 2019. That's been more than enough time to show either at least a CGI trailer for Indiana Jones or you would think also working on Wolfenstein 3 this whole time.

It's been over 2 years since id Software wrapped up development on Doom Eternal. So I'm not sure if they're ready to tease what they could be working on. So they're a wild card.

The only other studios that I can see could have a presence is Roundhouse Studios. Primarily been assisting on development with Redfall, but they've been rumored to be working on a new IP for a while, and of course, ZOS needs to show off what their new IP is too lol. It'll have been 5 years in development.

Around the Network

I think Indiana Jones is more early in development than everyone thinks. I also think Wolfenstein 3 must have been rebooted mid-development or put on hold in favour of Indiana Jones, at this stage, I'm tired of predicting it will show at every showcase for the past 3 years and it never does, Lol. MachineGames honestly isn't a very big studio either.

ID Software could take longer to reveal something if their next project is a Quake reboot. Roundhouse Studios is tiny and we know they're assisting on Redfall, they don't even have a website or any open job positions, I think there's a strong chance that they may simply be only a support studio for now. Zenimax is a 50/50, Imo.

Lots of Bethesda stuff released recently across most of their studios and they don't have many, and Bethesda has more than a few times had E3's which were low in quantity, I think there's a strong chance they take a little bit of a backseat and their time on some projects after Starfield. Especially because XGS should start becoming in a better position.

It might also play into Xbox's reluctance to shove a bunch of CG trailers in as well.

Indiana Jones will likely be another CG trailer. Quake Reboot will likely be another CG tailer. Zenimax MMO will likely be another CG trailer.

• Bethesda Game Studios will have the Starfield showcase.
  • Arkane and Tango definitely won't appear.
  • Roundhouse looks like a support studio.
  • Alpha Dog is a mobile studio.

They might just say it isn't worth it and not worth disrupting development, take your time now that you've covered us for 2023, Lol.

Orrrr, I could be wrong and Microsoft have learnt to start advertising Bethesda as actually being Xbox now, rather than Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda. Orrrr, I could be half right and the reason Bethesda isn't in the title is because they have an extremely light presence at the showcase.

Around the Network

Exclusive: Sarah Bond Talks What's Coming Up For Xbox in 2023 - YouTube

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think if Xbox chooses not to show Bethesda DLC in their showcase then it's likely there is nothing Bethesda related in the Xbox Games Showcase. Another possibility is that Bethesda will be there but as it will only be DLC shown they've made the decision to not include Bethesda in the title so they set expectations accordingly, nobody will be happy if Bethesda is in the title and they only showed DLC.

I would be surprised if Bethesda has nothing to show this year outside of updates to 76 & ESO, ZOS could announce their new IP that they have been working on since 2018 and MachineGames could actually give us a tease into Indiana Jones I’m also interested to see If Roundhouse are working on their own game or if they are just a support studio.

Not to mention June 2023 is 3.25 years after Doom Eternal released, surely id's next game will at least have a teaser trailer announce ready by now, maybe even an in-engine reveal. There was only a 3.8 year gap between Doom 2016's May release and Doom Eternal's March 2020 release afterall. I highly doubt id's next game is a 2023 release, but sometime in 2024 seems likely to me, would give them more dev time than they had on Doom Eternal, and they'll have one less platform to optimize for since no PS5 most likely.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 31 March 2023

Let’s fucking go! current raining champ of the year gets better.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I would be surprised if Bethesda has nothing to show this year outside of updates to 76 & ESO, ZOS could announce their new IP that they have been working on since 2018 and MachineGames could actually give us a tease into Indiana Jones I’m also interested to see If Roundhouse are working on their own game or if they are just a support studio.

Not to mention June 2023 is 3.25 years after Doom Eternal released, surely id's next game will at least have a teaser trailer announce ready by now, maybe even an in-engine reveal. There was only a 3.8 year gap between Doom 2016's May release and Doom Eternal's March 2020 release afterall. I highly doubt id's next game is a 2023 release, but sometime in 2024 seems likely to me, would give them more dev time than they had on Doom Eternal, and they'll have one less platform to optimize for since no PS5 most likely.

Yeah it will interesting to see if they have anything to contribute in 2024, both AAA titles that they will release this year were supposed to release last year.

We knew of 3 trademarks that Bethesda had and two of them have been revealed/released and that’s Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall the third that we know nothing about is Spy Team.