By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Some interesting tidbits I noticed in the gameplay:

• Weapon selection UI seems to have 12 slots, 3 per d-pad direction
  • You can carry huge amounts of ammunition and grenades, the character is seen carrying 2119 rounds of pistol ammo and 19 grenades
  • The carry weight limit seems very generous compared to past Bethesda games, with a weight capacity of 1100 shown. In Skyrim the max achievable with no mods was 600, but that wasn't really a realistic number as it would require putting all of your level up points into stamina and none into health or mana, so most people's max carry weight was closer to 500. Fallout 4 had a max carry weight of 905, but again that number wasn't really an easy feat, as it required multiple pieces of legendary armor that raised strength, a creation club exclusive backpack item, and stem usage to achieve, the max most people would achieve through normal gameplay was more like 450.
  • There are 3 weapon damage types, physical, energy, and EM, as well as 4 additional armor stats that are more akin to elemental resistances in other RPG's, those being thermal, airborne, corrosive, and radiation.
  • Hide helmet option is available once again like most past Bethesda games
  • If there is a transmog system available in Starfield, it isn't accessed from the inventory UI
  • 1st person and 3rd person options return, with multiple camera distance settings for 3rd person, with both over the shoulder and behind the back camera options in 3rd person. 3rd person animations looks a good bit better than they did in Fallout 4
  • No top of the UI compass like Skyrim and Fallout 4, instead the bottom left UI element has a ring around the O2/CO2 meters which rotates as the player turns and shows directional markers for waypoints
  • Planet/Moon names shown are Nesoi, Cassiopeia I, and Tau Ceti VIII-B (likely meaning it is the 2nd moon of the 8th planet in the Tau Ceti solar system). In real life Tau Ceti, at 11.9 light years from Earth, is one of the closest solar systems with planets and moons that are in the habitable zone (the right distance from the star in their system to have a temperature capable of possibly sustaining life). 
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 March 2023

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

They are turning into projekt red. This game will get delayed again to 2024. Wait and see.I was close with my prediction of an october release.

You mean by releasing one of the best games of all time? That’s pretty hype.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

KratosLives said:

They are turning into projekt red. This game will get delayed again to 2024. Wait and see.I was close with my prediction of a october release.

I mean, to be fair, this game is still tied with TLO2 and GoW:Ragnarok for how many times they were delayed (all three were delayed twice) so I think Bethesda still has at least one more delay left before we can call it CD Projeckt Red.

KratosLives said:

They are turning into projekt red. This game will get delayed again to 2024. Wait and see.I was close with my prediction of a october release.

Naw, the game is done.  Phil is giving Todd and his team 6 months to polish and bug fix which is pretty damn good to have when you have a game as large and important as Starfield.  From what I here concerning the industry that is pretty standard if you have the time and is not rushing a game to market.

Machiavellian said:
KratosLives said:

Naw, the game is done.  Phil is giving Todd and his team 6 months to polish and bug fix which is pretty damn good to have when you have a game as large and important as Starfield.  From what I here concerning the industry that is pretty standard if you have the time and is not rushing a game to market.

Also having this release in September will serve Xbox better, view that as a launch pad to the end of the year. At least it make more sense than launching the new IP directly against Tears of the kingdom and Diablo 4. So in my view it's both polishing and strategic release timeframe.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 09 March 2023

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Machiavellian said:

Also having this release in September will serve Xbox better, view that as a launch pad to the end of the year. At least it make more sense than launching the new IP directly against Tears of the kingdom and Diablo 4. So in my view it's both polishing and strategic release timeframe.

Strategic, after FFXVI and a week after Baldur's gate 3 thats made by a studio who's last two games are 90+ on metacritic and could be delayed for Xbox.... Strateegic would be like next month when their is basically not much going on.

VersusEvil said:
KratosLives said:

They are turning into projekt red. This game will get delayed again to 2024. Wait and see. I was close with my prediction of an october release.

He means by delaying the title twice, like Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War Ragnarok, The Last of Us II, Breath of the Wild.

One more delay and it'll join the likes of Uncharted 4.

Sadly they've all turned into CD Projekt Red...Whatever that means.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 March 2023

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

He means by delaying the title twice, like Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War Ragnarok, The Last of Us II, Breath of the Wild.

One more delay and it'll join the likes of Uncharted 4.

Sadly they've all turned into CD Projekt Red...Whatever that means.

You wanna know a game that should have been delayed? MGS5, maybe then it would have had an ending 👀

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 09 March 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

konnichiwa said:
EpicRandy said:

Strategic, after FFXVI and a week after Baldur's gate 3 thats made by a studio who's last two games are 90+ on metacritic and could be delayed for Xbox.... Strateegic would be like next month when their is basically not much going on.

Well FFXVI is not coming to Xbox and Baldur's gate 3 is not guarantee to release on Xbox at the same time so its appears to me that Starfield release schedule is even more strategic when considering those 2 titles.

EpicRandy said:
Machiavellian said:

May also be a bit of a launch pad for the start of the next fiscal year, September is in Q1 of Microsoft's next FY.

Don't know if Microsoft really cares about that though.

konnichiwa said:
EpicRandy said:

Some of you are really overestimating Baldur's Gate after this Xbox debacle and this isn't a comment on quality but sales, Starfield will likely easily beat BG3 in sales, Lol. Larian may release high quality products (as does Bethesda) but Larian's titles are niche on consoles (BG2 isn't even on Consoles either aside from the Enhanced Edition with no sale reports) and I've no doubt that Starfield will outsell Baldur's Gate 3 as well on PC.

Baldur's Gate 3 isn't an issue at all for Bethesda, I think some of you have forgotten how well Bethesda titles sell thanks to Fallout 76, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 March 2023