By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ubisoft, when you are struggling financially to the degree you are, how did you think it was a good idea to have no Far Cry spinoff in development? Now your only AAA releases for 2023 are looking to be AC Mirage and Skull & Bones. A good Far Cry spinoff like that Jurassic Park like island one or Blood Dragon 2 could have given you a 3rd AAA release for the year and a much needed cash infusion.

Good one lol

Well, they claimed it was only delayed for a few months as I recall. I believe Yves said that it was delayed into early fiscal 2023-2024, meaning a delay from March 2023 to either Q2 or Q3 calendar 2023 (so April-September 2023).

Around the Network

Starfield's release date POTENTIALLY leaked by a PC game code seller. I always figured one of these sites would mess up. 

Starfield | PC | CDKeys

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Good one lol

Well, they claimed it was only delayed for a few months as I recall. I believe Yves said that it was delayed into early fiscal 2023-2024, meaning a delay from March 2023 to either Q2 or Q3 calendar 2023 (so April-September 2023).

Ubisoft claims a lot of things...

Also, I'd be shocked if that game actually makes them any money considering the amount of time it's been in development, and what is at this point a complete lack of interest for this game.

So 23/3/23 I mean …. It won’t be but that would be cool.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

gtotheunit91 said:

Starfield's release date POTENTIALLY leaked by a PC game code seller. I always figured one of these sites would mess up. 

Starfield | PC | CDKeys

no way this is out in March :)

I would LOVE to... But no way...

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Starfield | PC | CDKeys

March?

While that is a meme date, 3/23/23, which matches with Bethesda's love of meme release dates, that would basically mean a shadow drop immediately after a March Developer_Direct for Starfield, or a 1 month pre-launch marketing campaign after a February Developer_Direct for Starfield. While that would be amazing, I just can't see it.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 January 2023

My Top 20 most played update as per Exophase (just in time for finishing P5R):

1. Persona 5 Royal - 134.42 hrs

2. Elden Ring - 112.47 hrs

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 95.57 hrs

4. Soul Hackers 2 - 94.15 hrs

5. NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... - 85.25 hrs

6. Final Fantasy XV - 83.25 hrs

7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 78.07 hrs

8. Scarlet Nexus - 74.05 hrs

9. Tales of Arise - 66.18 hrs

10. Valkyria Revolution - 60.55 hrs

11. Doom Eternal - 52.32 hrs

12. Apex Legends - 47.73 hrs

13. Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 46.67 hrs

14. NieR: Automata Become As Gods Edition - 44.97 hrs

15. Borderlands 2 - 41.2 hrs

16. Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 41.12 hrs

17. Serious Sam Collection - 38.25 hrs

18. Borderlands - 37.57 hrs

19. Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master! - 36.67 hrs

20. Shining Resonance Refrain - 34.93 hrs

CDKeys probably doesn't know and just slapped a random date on it, close enough to those generic "end of quarter" dates.

It's almost certainly not releasing before April because Microsoft already said they expect a single digit decrease in Gaming revenue for FYQ3.

Ryuu96 said:

This says a lot about how bloated Google Home app is

Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ubisoft claims a lot of things...

Also, I'd be shocked if that game actually makes them any money considering the amount of time it's been in development, and what is at this point a complete lack of interest for this game.

On that I agree, Skull & Bones is for sure going to lose them money. I see very little interest in it, pre-order numbers are shite, and it has been in development since like 2014, so basically it has 9 years of a AAA sized dev team's yearly salaries as part of it's budget, plus pay for the voice actors, pay for localization teams, pay for the marketing campaign, costs of printing and shipping discs to retailers, etc. At this point Skull & Bones would need to bring in something like $200m+ in revenue to break even most likely, I can't see that happening.

Which is all the more reason why they needed more than just AC Mirage this year as a AAA capable of actually making money, they needed a Far Cry spinoff in 2023 and it seems they don't have one.