By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

I don’t know about you guys but I personally hope that Sony buys Square Enix at this point.

Been saying this forever

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I don’t know about you guys but I personally hope that Sony buys Square Enix at this point.

As do I...So that I can stop seeing Xbox fans in constant uncertainty about if a Square game will come to Xbox and inevitable disappointment when it doesn't or watching whatever weird criteria Square has for why it releases certain games on certain platforms, it'll be better for everyone to just rip the band-aid off.

Would have been more ideal for them to do it whilst ABK was pending though

My hope would be that Sony triggers a Square Enix acquisition and then MS triggers Capcom or Sega at the same time so then Sony won’t be able to bitch about to other regulatory bodies without looking like massive hypocrites.

The meltdowns alone would be funny

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

As do I...So that I can stop seeing Xbox fans in constant uncertainty about if a Square game will come to Xbox and inevitable disappointment when it doesn't or watching whatever weird criteria Square has for why it releases certain games on certain platforms, it'll be better for everyone to just rip the band-aid off.

Would have been more ideal for them to do it whilst ABK was pending though

My hope would be that Sony triggers a Square Enix acquisition and then MS triggers Capcom or Sega at the same time so then Sony won’t be able to bitch about to other regulatory bodies without looking like massive hypocrites.

The meltdowns alone would be funny

Why purchase them when you can get their games exclusive and not have to worry about regulator control.  As the market leader, Sony would have just about every agency eyeing them pretty hard.  I do not see Sony making this move any time soon if at all.

Well looks like Xbox gamers dodged a bullet here

On PS5 can go as low as 720P in in Quality mode and 1080P@20FPS in Performance mode. Meta score is at 68..

Around the Network

There's a saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" Sony probably views Square in a similar manner so probably very little need to purchase them.

We're gonna be getting so much gameplay so soon lol. Finally!!! This is the kind of marketing I wanna see!

VersusEvil said:

Dw Xbox folks after the 2yr exclusive deal Forspoken will still be a sub 70 meta game but will likely be a GP filler so at least you won’t have to pay for it XD

It would be extremely stupid of Microsoft to reward Square Enix by paying them for this game. There are literally hundreds of better options out there.

chakkra said:
VersusEvil said:

Dw Xbox folks after the 2yr exclusive deal Forspoken will still be a sub 70 meta game but will likely be a GP filler so at least you won’t have to pay for it XD

It would be extremely stupid of Microsoft to reward Square Enix by paying them for this game. There are literally hundreds of better options out there.

Yeah, there are better options for Gamepass even from Square Enix themselves, much better options. Not to mention lots of good JRPG options from other publishers. They'd be utterly foolish to pay Square a dime for Forspoken after they sold not 1 year, but 2 year exclusivity to Sony on it.