By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What a shit day, Lol. This publisher was really unique, I saw them sort of like the videogame equivalent of A24. Ashen, Outer Wilds, The Artful Escape, Neon White, Stray, Cocoon...Especially loved Cocoon and The Artful Escape + Neon White were great as well.

Hopefully they can all form a new publisher studio but all those interesting developers they were working with...What happens now? Are they going to be stuck with whatever Megan Ellison tries to recreate from the corpse of Annapurna...Will Annapurna 2.0 be able to achieve all these unique developer partnerships again as a new publisher?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 6 days ago

Around the Network

RIP Annapurna.

Bring on the new publisher that the employees who have left create.

Hopefully they have good investment.

Imagine they all joined another small-mid sized publisher like Devolver Digital, Focus Entertainment, etc. Set up another branch inside one of those. Any publisher would be lucky to have a talent like this group who are brilliant at spotting good developers. Major publishers don't deserve them. More likely they'll have funding to set up their own new publishing studio but seeing them join forces with Devolver would be wicked, Lol.

I hope they can stay together, 25 isn't a lot to hire or invest in.

One of the best small-mid sized publishing teams around.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This just seems wild to me.  EDIT:  I guess it's too presumptive (atm) to know what caused this dispute, but it seems out of left field.  Like Devolver Digital, it seemed like Annapurna had a straightforward path ahead of them.

Last edited by coolbeans - 6 days ago

Ryuu96 said:

I feel bad for their development partners. Remedy for instance had just signed a 50% funding agreement for Control 2 with Annapurna like 2 weeks ago, which also included the movie and tv rights to Alan Wake and Control for Annapurna Pictures. Annapurna Pictures is fine, they can still make a Control or Alan Wake show, but I wonder if the owner of Annapurna will still 50% fund Control 2 with Annapurna Interactive now staffless.

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

This just seems wild to me.  EDIT:  I guess it's too presumptive (atm) to know what caused this dispute, but it seems out of left field.  Like Devolver Digital, it seemed like Annapurna had a straightforward path ahead of them.

They wanted to turn Annapurna into an AAA publisher, that may have had something to do with the dispute, or maybe they just hated working under Megan Ellison 

Completed the Persona 3 DLC in roughly 13 hours.
Rushed through all of the dungeons only battling the regular bosses naturally and the monad doors/rare shadows to level up.

87 hours total time according to TA. (Save file says 69:00 hours for the main game and 13:30 hours for the DLC)