By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

What always makes me laugh about the 30fps debate is everyone’s is pretty hyped for a game (that they’re seeing being played in 30fps) and enjoy what they’re watching ….until someone tells you it’s 30fps then it’s “unplayable” 🤣

Like Zippy said, looking at it and playing it are different things. I got hyped by a lot of games in the past just looking at single pictures in gaming magazins printed on shitty paper. Doesn't mean I would enjoy to play them frame by frame 😆

I had to think about those games the whole day and Imagination just let you think about how it is.

But when you play it then it can be a totally different experience to the worse if as example the FPS don't deliver the gameplay feeling you want

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 25 August 2024

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

What always makes me laugh about the 30fps debate is everyone’s is pretty hyped for a game (that they’re seeing being played in 30fps) and enjoy what they’re watching ….until someone tells you it’s 30fps then it’s “unplayable” 🤣

The gameplay trailers for Avowed were 60 FPS so......

Inside Season One | Fallout | Prime Video - YouTube

Around the Network

Binary Domain has not done a full playthrough since PS3 almost a decade ago. Played a bit on PC years and years ago but had issues.  Always liked the game.  As I was playing I thought man the bosses I struggled with way back when have been easy. Not sure if old muscle memory remembers. No longer a novice to the genre or what. I was cruisin'. Then the gorilla boss.  Oh. Right this thing still sucks lol. Didn't die but the gorilla robot from Strider is it not. My whole dash on Series X is TPS games right now as I want to play Space Marine 2 so badly. Not that I care about GS really but it was funny to see not owning an XBO. Just a 360 my GS sat at 7k for the better part of a decade. Get a SX and it jumped to almost 14k in a few months. So nowhere near the 200-300K plus many of you have I'm sure. Just funny how fast it jumped.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

7 Minutes of Towerborne Co-Op Gameplay

Ara: History Untold - 53 Minutes of Gameplay

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lets not get the pitchforks out just yet, read the full context of the quote.

Hellblade 2 was never marketed as 60fps so it didn't need an excuse (they'll be a lot of 30fps titles as the gen goes on), Avowed on the other hand does need an excuse because they marketed it at 60fps, if they didn't do that then I personally wouldn't have cared but it's misleading (like Redfall) and thus if it's 30fps it's going to get them rightful criticism but there's 6 months to go so they could theoretically change their mind or perhaps they already are. The artist being interviewed said he wasn't 100% certain what the final target will be.

I figured this was partially directed at me, so I'll say I believe I qualified my statement enough.

While this is fair context, I simply don't like hearing how 60fps isn't a primary consideration.  In my mind, every Xbox 1st party dev ought to know the capabilities of Series S/X and pre-plan on how to maintain 60.  They can still have 30 or 60 options.

Forza Horizon 5 is 120fps and that came out in 2021 and looks way better than Avowed...