By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:

We seriously better be getting an event for Xbox within the first 2 months of 2023. Been playing on my PS5 and it's looking pretty good compared to Xbox right...

Agreed, I hope it's in January. Xbox really needs some 1st party game releases ASAP. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Spade said:

We seriously better be getting an event for Xbox within the first 2 months of 2023. Been playing on my PS5 and it's looking pretty good compared to Xbox right...

Agreed, I hope it's in January. Xbox really needs some 1st party game releases ASAP. 

With how many notorious leakers, and even Aaron Greenburg, teasing as much, I'm fully expecting an event soon. 

As far how much is shown, I think will depend on the current state of the ActiBlizz deal.

Ryuu96 said:

I think the event should be early-mid February.

It's the perfect time, not too close to E3, not too late so that they've missed the opportunity to market some big titles (such as Wo-Long in early March), it likely won't miss any major Xbox releases either, plus it has a benefit of being after the preliminary decisions from regulatory bodies.

We'll have preliminary decisions from CMA/EC in January and with those we will know whether they're going to block or approve, CMA in particular rarely changes their mind after their preliminary decision has been issued. Once we have those, it will give Microsoft a good idea what to do, if they're both negative then they'll likely drop the deal before the extra breakup fees and if only CMA is negative I still think they drop the deal.

So having an early February event would either be a continuation of positive news (because lets face it, if CMA/EC are positive then FTC is utterly fucked and the deal is 100% passing) but if they're made to abandon the deal, the event could be used to quickly drown out the negative news and give us something positive to look forward to, Lol.

If they have the event in January, they could have a bunch of positive news, only to be drowned out by the negativity of Microsoft failing a massive Xbox acquisition and then the focus would quickly shift to that, better for the event to be after, Imo.

I'll be praying for a favorable result for MS and ABK from the CMA. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think the event should be early-mid February.

It's the perfect time, not too close to E3, not too late so that they've missed the opportunity to market some big titles (such as Wo-Long in early March), it likely won't miss any major Xbox releases either, plus it has a benefit of being after the preliminary decisions from regulatory bodies.

We'll have preliminary decisions from CMA/EC in January and with those we will know whether they're going to block or approve, CMA in particular rarely changes their mind after their preliminary decision has been issued. Once we have those, it will give Microsoft a good idea what to do, if they're both negative then they'll likely drop the deal before the extra breakup fees and if only CMA is negative I still think they drop the deal.

So having an early February event would either be a continuation of positive news (because lets face it, if CMA/EC are positive then FTC is utterly fucked and the deal is 100% passing) but if they're made to abandon the deal, the event could be used to quickly drown out the negative news and give us something positive to look forward to, Lol.

If they have the event in January, they could have a bunch of positive news, only to be drowned out by the negativity of Microsoft failing a massive Xbox acquisition and then the focus would quickly shift to that, better for the event to be after, Imo.

Get on one knee and admit that America is property of the British Empire and then maybe CMA will consider it.

British Patriotic Song: Rule Britannia! - YouTube

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Get on one knee and admit that America is property of the British Empire and then maybe CMA will consider it.

Alright, YOU'RE GOING TO GOT DAMN FAR NOW MATE.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Alright, YOU'RE GOING TO GOT DAMN FAR NOW MATE.

For all the American Xbots.

Joking Oh no, is this what happens when a Brit feels any shred of power?

I've got to de-cleanse quickly: The British Empire was horrific and well done to the Americans for getting away from it. 😌

Quite frankly 2023 Xbox has to bring the fire or … fuck off.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Yep, after this disastrous 2022, they really can't afford to have anything less than a stellar 2023. They need to get at least 5 exclusives out the door in 2023 imo (not including the late AoE or Ghostwire Tokyo Xbox ports or the multiplat Minecraft Legends), and Starfield needs to be among those 5 or more exclusives and return Bethesda to GOTY tier critic scores again like they used to get (low-mid 90's meta/opencritic). 

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

Yep, after this disastrous 2022, they really can't afford to have anything less than a stellar 2023. They need to get at least 5 exclusives out the door in 2023 imo (not including the late AoE or Ghostwire Tokyo Xbox ports or the multiplat Minecraft Legends), and Starfield needs to be among those 5 or more exclusives and return Bethesda to GOTY tier critic scores again like they used to get (mid 90's meta/opencritic) . 

We only know of 3 for sure right now. What other 2 are you hoping will release? It would definitely be for Holiday 2023. 

For me, Xbox's 2023 will live and die on Starfield. This is THE Xbox game. This is God of War: Ragnarok level of major exclusive for Xbox. If Starfield turns out to be a dud, unlikely, many will view Xbox's 2023 as a failure and that Xbox can't handle a major exclusive. 

Whenever Starfield does release, that'll be my game for the following several months lol.

Ugh, don't you just hate that Xbox keeps taking games off of rival platforms? Smh