By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

May the best gang win.

I was ready to play a proper remaster of Modern Warfare 2, then Activision the DAY BEFORE LAUNCH, sends out the cease & desist......they've known about the mod for well over a year, took in all the purchases of Modern Warfare Remastered that sent this 8 year old game to Steam's top 5 best selling games in anticipation of the mod releasing, only to pull this shit.

Getting some ire from former devs

Now it makes sense lol. They probably started working on this the second they found out about the mod

G2ThaUNiT said:
Zippy6 said:

Without exclusive software and sold at a profit, meaning a lot more expensive, they will not sell anywhere close to 30-40m consoles. They subsidised Xbox by $100-$200 per unit. Microsoft Loses Up To $200 On Every Xbox Console It Sells (kotaku.com)

It'll take Xbox Series almost 4 years to get to 30m, now imagine where it'd be if it cost $100-$200 more and it's games were being ported to other consoles from the start.

The Steam Deck is adored and has only had positive buzz about it online, but it's sold what... 5m? Without subsidizing or exclusive software getting console hardware to sell that much just isn't going to happen.

Jez seems to think the reason MS won't rip the band aid off is because they still plan to have exclusives. It's still a terrible business plan because in business, communication is always key, and that's something Xbox has sorely lacked. 

If it is a Redfall, it stays on Xbox; if it is a Hi-Fi Rush, it goes to Playstation.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

I was ready to play a proper remaster of Modern Warfare 2, then Activision the DAY BEFORE LAUNCH, sends out the cease & desist......they've known about the mod for well over a year, took in all the purchases of Modern Warfare Remastered that sent this 8 year old game to Steam's top 5 best selling games in anticipation of the mod releasing, only to pull this shit.

I hate it when companies do things like this. They'll let fan game teams spend years of their lives working on games only to shut them down at the last moment despite knowing about it well in advance.

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I hate it when companies do things like this. They'll let fan game teams spend years of their lives working on games only to shut them down at the last moment despite knowing about it well in advance.

Yeah and the worst part is that Activision will come away with a lot of money out of this. You had to have purchased the game to even play the mod and Activision put the game on discount the past 2 weeks sending the game the number 2 on Steam’s best sellers list. They knew what they were doing. Sure some will be able to get refunds, but there will be many that played the game in anticipation of being able to play the mod. 

They could just make a blog post now with what they’re porting and get the “outrage” over with. Then they can just not mention anything at Gamescom.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I have VanQuish on both PS5 and Series X but now struggling to play the PS5 version after 115 hours just because it plays so much better with a Series X controller. Starved for a new TPS on SX. Space Marine II can't come soon enough.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I have VanQuish on both PS5 and Series X but now struggling to play the PS5 version after 115 hours just because it plays so much better with a Series X controller. Starved for a new TPS on SX. Space Marine II can't come soon enough.

It hasn't really hit me till now how starved the TPS scene really is. And I'm not talking about Rockstar or Naughty Dog type TPS gameplay, because I've always disliked both of those studios TPS gameplay, plus the third person combat isn't the primary focus of their games anyways, but TPSs where the gameplay is what really takes the spotlight and everything else is the cherry on top.

Space Marine II is definitely going to scratch a major itch! I was really looking forward to Exoprimal from Capcom, but then seeing what the game overall was really dampened my excitement. Because the combat looked like an insane amount of fun.