By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

I'm trying to think when the last time was that Microsoft had an AAA in Q1? Lol.

Crackdown 3, February 2019. Though some would argue that it wasn't truly AAA in terms of production value, let alone quality. Before that the last Q1 AAA for Xbox was Sea of Thieves, March 2018. 

Around the Network

Going to be funny to see whatever month GTA launches in, how empty the calendar will be.

Ryuu96 said:

Going to be funny to see whatever month GTA launches in, how empty the calendar will be.

I'm guessing September like GTA 5 before it. Gives it 6 extra months of development over the originally planned March 2025 release, before they delayed it to 2nd half 2025. 

Ryuu96 said:

Finally, an AAA in Q1! Lol.

I'm not planning on getting a Series X either ever or for a long time. I just got a One X this year and got a 360 last year.

That being said, that's a strong lineup in quantity and probably will be in quality.

2021 seems to be the last year there was a lot of excitement for Microsoft titles, that's 3 years and counting from the start of that year. And before then it was 2018, right? 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Just realized Cygni is out next week. Finally, I will own a Series X game on disc. I recently got Contra Hard Corps Uprising. What a great game. Bahamut character looks just like a Strider from the Strider series. Mainly Strider Hien the evil one from Strider 2. Also finally finished my first Metal Slug game. MS3 on Xbox Series X. Some parts were amazing but the last level drags. Best sprite work of a game from that era tho.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I'm still convinced another of those "TBA 2024" titles will be shuffled to 2025 as well.

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm still convinced another of those "TBA 2024" titles will be shuffled to 2025 as well.

Towerborne for sure, doesn't make sense to release a game by an indie studio in busy Q4, so unless they are planning a very quick marketing campaign and early September release after a date announcement at Gamescom, I think it will get delayed.

I think Indiana Jones will make it, they are just waiting to see what weeks other publishers announce for their games, like Dragon Age, to avoid a same week release. Probably will be November, possibly December if they are ok with missing out on Black Friday sales. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 03 August 2024

Sucks about GameInformer, I liked their reviews and they weren't as clickbaity as most.

I think if Indiana Jones was going to be delayed they would have announced it yesterday alongside Avowed instead of spreading delay news out, I think Indiana Jones date could be announced at D23 but more likely Gamescom. Tom Warren probably would have heard something as well.