By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

Finally able to cross Alice Madness Returns off the list. That was a long ass game (maybe even too long for this type of game) but pretty enjoyable overall. One complaint I have about performance is the stutter, especially during music sequences which I'm putting down to it being abit of jank from B/C and the jumping inconsistencies. Also this is one of those weird games that has 900GS not 1000 unless you play it's DLC.

Is the DLC specific for the game itself or is the "DLC" the first game?

Did you play the first game (or is it included with the purchase of Madness Returns)?

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

I finally hit 45% of Achievement completion on TrueAchievements. . 

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/TrunksWD

You've played 390 games, getting out of the 40s is gonna take work! I had 40% at the end of December 2020 when I decided I needed to fix that, I hit 80% in May 2021 but I've only played 91 games. I would have given up if I had played that many games lol, but good luck :P

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

BasilZero said:

Is the DLC specific for the game itself or is the "DLC" the first game?

Did you play the first game (or is it included with the purchase of Madness Returns)?

The DLC is the first game. I've never played it. Luckily it's just finish each chapter. It's a free download off the store. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

The DLC is the first game. I've never played it. Luckily it's just finish each chapter. It's a free download off the store. 

Oh okay, thanks!

I'm glad the first game is still playable - I dont think its even possible to play it on PC anymore so this gives me a chance to play it on Xbox Series S.

I hate not playing games in order of release.

VersusEvil said:
trunkswd said:

I finally hit 45% of Achievement completion on TrueAchievements. . 

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/TrunksWD

You've played 390 games, getting out of the 40s is gonna take work! I had 40% at the end of December 2020 when I decided I needed to fix that, I hit 80% in May 2021 but I've only played 91 games. I would have given up if I had played that many games lol, but good luck :P

Yeah I do play a lot of games and the vast majority I don't go out of my way to get a lot of extra achievements. Plus the ones I've tried on Game Pass and only have like 1 or 2 achievements. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Did anyone of you get Sonic Frontiers?
I just saw the Digital Foundry video....
Looked okay gameplay-wise but the pop-ins remind me of the PS1 era.

I'm waiting for a sale personally (hoping to see $40 on it before Christmas), but Tiago (formerly of Xbox Empire) just finished it and gave it an 8.5/10. 

On a related note, Sonic Frontiers seems to be selling better so far than any previous 3D Sonic. It made #3 on Steam first week, and is the 2nd biggest 3D platformer ever on Steam ranked by concurrent players. On Amazon US it is currently at #11 Switch (only behind Pokemon Scarlet and Violet software wise) and #16 PS5. On Gamestop's US website, it is at #10 on Switch, #14 on PS5, and #27 on Xbox. On Xbox US digital bestsellers it is up to #8 now while still missing the first full week of sales data (only 5 days instead of 7), only behind 2 different CoD MW2 editions, Madden 23 (half off this week), GTA V (was on sale earlier this week), FIFA 23 (on sale for 10% off this week), DBZ Xenoverse 2 (on sale for $9 this week), and NBA 2K23.

US wise at least it seems to be shaping up to make NPD top 10 in it's release month, something that the previous bestselling 3D Sonic, Sonic Generations, was unable to do in November 2011, though alot depends on rather or not Sonic Frontiers gets a Black Friday discount.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 November 2022

I'll get Sonic Frontiers later when its cheaper.

I still need to play Sonic Colors Ultimate which I had gotten earlier in the year for PS4 (still sad that there's no Steam version).

Resting from playing Sonic right now so I dont get burnt out (kinda did earlier this year from the 3DS sonic games which were the worst versions).

I'll get Colors Ultimate on Xbox/Switch when it hits $10 or less digitally, thats what I did with Forces. I got Colors Ultimate on PS4 because the limited edition was $20 last year.

BasilZero said:

I'll get Sonic Frontiers later when its cheaper.

I still need to play Sonic Colors Ultimate which I had gotten earlier in the year for PS4 (still sad that there's no Steam version).

Resting from playing Sonic right now so I dont get burnt out (kinda did earlier this year from the 3DS sonic games which were the worst versions).

I'll get Colors Ultimate on Xbox/Switch when it hits $10 or less digitally, thats what I did with Forces. I got Colors Ultimate on PS4 because the limited edition was $20 last year.

If you see Frontiers Physical cheap on Black Friday get it It's fun to speedrun.

I was originally thinking on waiting for Sonic Frontiers to drop to around $20 before getting it, but after the reviews now I'll wait until it drops below $40.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.