By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
Dulfite said:
smroadkill15 said:

The MCC version is a remaster. It was really not as good as it should've been with an art direction that didn't do the original game justice. It will be longer than a decade between these 2 games and this will be a remake. Remake is not the same as a remaster. 

I'm aware of the difference between a remaster and a remake. It's been while, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought the game was brand new in a new engine back with MCC? Or maybe just the cut scenes were that new and I'm remembering wrong.

The only game updated for MCC (including offline rendered CG cutscenes made by Blur Studios) was Halo 2 so I think you may be confusing Halo CE with Halo 2 there. Let's call it Halo 2 Anniversary. That game was remastered quite well and kept the artistic intent largely in-tact from the original.

Halo CE also received a 10 year anniversary "remaster" but that was before MCC in 2011. It was called Halo: CE Anniversary, was released originally on the 360, and it was included in MCC. I'm calling both Halo: CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary remasters instead of remakes because the graphics were fully redone but the actual game logic was running on the original engine so that the games played identically to their older counterparts. 

And yeah, the majority of the Halo community agrees that Halo: CE Anniversary was a poorly done remaster in terms of not paying enough respect to the original vision, design, and atmosphere of Halo: CE. So I can understand that fans of the original game wouldn't mind that one getting another shot. 

I'd personally rather they spent the time and resources trying to build a more exciting future for the franchise instead of squeezing the past for all its worth and potentially screwing up in the process. I know the executive team at 343 has completely changed but with how the series has been treated for the last decade plus, the doubt in my head going into anything they'd show that is trying to relive the past would give them quite the uphill battle in instilling confidence. 

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 12 June 2024

Around the Network

Good thing this is releasing before Civilization VII does. Ara can use all the spotlight they can get. I'm excited to finally check this out. I played a couple of the closed alphas playtests, and it has incredibly strong bones. But I haven't seen yet what exactly propels itself in the 4X genre.

In Civilization I usually go with Communism to boost production early in the game until my population starts to fail and revolt then I switch to Democracy although I'm curious how a Dictatorship may work in my favor in Ara! Just how far can I go......

Either way I'm nuking the hell out of my foes @NobleTeam360 join me in my quest for world domination! Until you're my only foe remaining

Finally bought Starlink, I waited so long but 8 Euro is just a good deal (it is on sale right now) funny how I clicked on buy and it send me to the Ubisoft subcription that's more expensive than the game....

Anyway it is smooth and I guess some of the team helped with star wars outlaws.

Around the Network

Already finished it yesterday

Another Xbox play time update.

My last update was from February '24.

1.Assassin's Creed Odyssey103 hours
2.Persona 5 Royal98 hours
3.Dragon Age Inquisition96 hours
4.Assassin's Creed Valhalla87 hours
5.Gems of War85 hours
6.Kingdom Come: Deliverance76 hours
7.Battle Islands75 hours
8.Persona 3 Reload73 hours (+ 73h)
9.Project Spark72 hours
10Fallout 472 hours (+ 68h)
11.The Witcher 371 hours
12.Fallout Shelter71 hours
13.Immortals: Fenyx Rising69 hours
14.Marvel's Midnight Suns68 hours
15.Yakuza: Like A Dragon68 hours
16.Lies of Asteroth60 hours
17.Assassin's Creed Origins60 hours
18.Red Dead Redemption 260 hours (+ 54h)
19.Starfield55 hours
20.Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition53 hours
21.Persona 4 Golden53 hours
22.Minecraft (X1 + Bedrock Edition)52 hours
23.Tales of Arise51 hours (+51h)
24.Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy51 hours
25.Divinity: Original Sin 249 hours

Played lots of long games in the past few months, so there are four newcomers this time around.

Persona 3 Reload made it to #8 after I got all of the achievements. No idea how long the DLC is going to be but it should rise a few spots once the DLC is out.

Fallout 4 joins the list on #10 with pretty much exactly 72 hours played. Got all the achievements here as well (including DLC).

Finally got around to play Red Dead Redemption 2 after realizing that a) there's not going to be a 60 FPS patch for Series X and b) even if they did the work, they would lock it behind a paywall (new version) as they did with GTA V. Full story playthrough took me 60 hours. Much much longer than RDR1 back in the days.

Lastly, Tales of Arise made it to #23 with 51 hours played (it says 61 hours on TA but I left the game unattended very often so I'm using the play time from the save file). Not my favourite so I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play the DLC...

The following games got kicked out of the top 25:
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (47h), Forza Horizon 3 (46h), Octopath Traveler (46h), Dragon Quest XI S (46h)
You'll all be missed.

Recent games I played that didn't make the list:
Brotato (37h), Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (31h), Chained Echoes (30h), Diablo IV (22h)

Confirmation that the first expansion will be the disliked community made Chinese pantheon. So they're completely reworking the Chinese. I'm guessing the second expansion will be the Japanese pantheon. I can't really think of many other civilizations with notable mythologies. Roman mythology perhaps?

My most anticipated game getting glowing praise though!

G2ThaUNiT said:

In Civilization I usually go with Communism to boost production early in the game until my population starts to fail and revolt then I switch to Democracy although I'm curious how a Dictatorship may work in my favor in Ara! Just how far can I go......

Either way I'm nuking the hell out of my foes @NobleTeam360 join me in my quest for world domination! Until you're my only foe remaining

*flees in terror* 

I can't wait though!

Midori turned out to be some random white American dude pretending to be a Japanese female 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition