By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Alan Wake II physical is happening!

Judging by the announcements, it must've been a very boring show. Glad I didn't watch it.

Lego Horizon doesn't look that good to me, the leaker that said that it would play like a Horizon game and have realistic graphics for environments was wrong. The funniest thing about the Switch release is that they didn't even bother to make a PS4 version.

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I guess the Xbox version of Black Myth: Wukong got cancelled

Last minute Sony hat most likely. This is even more egregious than the Stellar Blade hat, at least they hatted away the already announced PC and Xbox ports over a year before release, Black Myth was still coming to PC and Xbox back at The Game Awards in December, so they just announced a last minute hat deal 2 months before release it seems.

There are going to be a good amount of AAA games coming from China and Korea this gen and Xbox is falling asleep at the wheel, PlayStation will soon be getting free exclusives like they did with major Japanese games except that this one will be worse because of the sheer amount of AAA games that are going to be pumped out of those regions. 

Reminder Phantom Blade 0, Where Winds Meet and The Perceiver have yet to announce an Xbox version and we will see more Stellar Blade situations in the future.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Last minute Sony hat most likely. This is even more egregious than the Stellar Blade hat, at least they hatted away the already announced PC and Xbox ports over a year before release, Black Myth was still coming to PC and Xbox back at The Game Awards in December, so they just announced a last minute hat deal 2 months before release it seems.

I think it's optimisation issues for Xbox, most likely the series S 

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Now that Stellar Blade is out, we can safely say that Sony's hat wasn't really a hat in traditional understanding of the term. The game was announced in late 2019, Sony announced that they are publishing it in late 2021, and it got released in mid 2024. So, technically, Sony invested in the first half of development cycle and it's hard to guess how the game turned out without financial help from Sony.

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Nevermind! Sony marketing rights

I hate the fact that marketing like that is even allowed. The most you should be allowed to hat marketing wise is a quick PS/Xbox logo sting at the beginning of the trailer, not a PS/Xbox logo exclusively at the end of the trailer as well.

Xbox does the same with Metaphor

Barozi said:

Judging by the announcements, it must've been a very boring show. Glad I didn't watch it.

Same, I got tired and fell asleep before the show.

Bingo card for this year, I'm out of the loop for gaming news lately, so going in almost blind.

New Doom announced for early 2025 - multiplat release day one to no one's surprise Gears Collection coming later this year Gears 6 teaser with no release date Call of Duty ends the show Fable opens the show - gameplay footage with 2025 release date
Forza Horizon 6 is not present at the show Xbox Series X Digital announced - coming this summer at $449 Final Fantasy XVI coming to Xbox in 2025 STALKER 2 new trailer Ubisoft Star Wars game new trailer with release date - 2025
Handheld teased with no specific details Another trailer for Metaphor: ReFantazio ID@Xbox segment Japanese game devs have even worse presence than last year - maximum 1 new game announced, not counting FF XVI
Starfield DLC trailer with release date South of Midnight is absent Vast majority of games are coming to GamePass day one (~90%) Fallout segment, based on a hype of a TV show. Probably new Fallout 76 DLC announced Sea of Thieves getting new content, MS acknowledges it's success on PS5
Halo Infinite new update trailer Hollow Knight Silksong is absent (yes, again) Elden Ring Shadow of Erdtree trailer Spyro 4 teased No Kojima this year and we still wonder what the hell he is cooking with Xbox
Last edited by derpysquirtle64 - on 08 June 2024

This has been the toughest bingo card in recent years. And the main problem is that I've already heard that there are 30 games shown in a 2-hour show as expected and only 5 of them will be new announcements. This is the reason why I am tempering my expectations and not expecting much from this Xbox showcase, unfortunately. As yesterday's Keighleys has already been a disappointment. Games industry seems stagnating and not offering a lot of games to look forward to. At least, I'll finally have time to go through backlog maybe next year.