By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

*finding AND MOBILIZING. I am new to this protest business as you can hear...

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Bizwas said:

I mean if you now sell your xbox and cancel your gamepass subscription, and let's say enough people do that so it's measurable, would that really change something? Less revenue for XBOX/ Microsoft, surely then they'll spend it on the small, niche, creative stuidios, right? No, they would just go even more in the "focus on what's bringing in the big bucks" route.

it won't have the effect I want for sure. I want MS to give Xbox the leeway it needs to complete their vision.

MS, has pretty much all the industry, as lost faith in the video game market to bring the ROI they expect. If Xbox consumer start boycotting their products, it won't have any positive outcome here, just make MS lost of faith and subsequently taken actions become self fulfilling prophecies that'll make them force even more drastic action against Xbox.

I think it's better in this case to target other MS product like dropping subs to office 365 and give has reasons their hostile action with their gaming studios.

I think you have a very solid point there. Question is just how to get the "give as reason their hostile action with their gaming studios" across.

Bizwas said:

*finding AND MOBILIZING. I am new to this protest business as you can hear...

You have more of a chance of getting eaten by a cow than you have MS caring about what any of us think. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

I'm gonna go enjoy when Bungie actually cared about the games they made as the original Marathon just dropped on Steam for free. Looks like Marathon 2 and 3 are also on the way. Now I just need both Myth games added! But I think Take-Two actually kept that IP when MS bought Bungie lol

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I will be playing the long game. I'll wait till next months show, coast out the rest of this generation, and see what kind of a direction Xbox is heading in. Too many games and several more years to go before I decide to bust up my toys (I wouldn't anyways).

I'm sure there is plenty of goings on behind the scenes, nothing that any of us will ever be privy to, but I'm certain it isn't any kind of a deliberate sabotage of Xbox. For now, I'm going to trust they know exactly what their doing, even though I'm not able to comprehend it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I will be playing the long game. I'll wait till next months show, coast out the rest of this generation, and see what kind of a direction Xbox is heading in. Too many games and several more years to go before I decide to bust up my toys (I wouldn't anyways).

I'm sure there is plenty of goings on behind the scenes, nothing that any of us will ever be privy to, but I'm certain it isn't any kind of a deliberate sabotage of Xbox. For now, I'm going to trust they know exactly what their doing, even though I'm not able to comprehend it.

For me at least, I have my recent PC upgrade and my Series X to get me through the remainder of this generation. As for next gen, I'll wait and see what Xbox has in store, if it's a dedicated console with no exclusives I will just stick with PC and do an early gen PC upgrade, because why not, Xbox and Sony are both putting all of their exclusives on PC so why buy a dedicated console with no exclusives. If on the other hand Xbox does decide to release a console with both a dedicated Xbox OS and storefront with optimized Xbox ports and back compat, and a windows layer to the OS allowing the use of PC storefronts like Steam, Epic, and GOG, and Sony doesn't find a way to block their PC releases from being playable on it, I may well get that Xbox console since it will likely be priced better than it would cost to upgrade my PC for next gen with similar specs.

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

For me at least, I have my recent PC upgrade and my Series X to get me through the remainder of this generation. As for next gen, I'll wait and see what Xbox has in store, if it's a dedicated console with no exclusives I will just stick with PC and do an early gen PC upgrade, because why not, Xbox and Sony are both putting all of their exclusives on PC so why buy a dedicated console with no exclusives. If on the other hand Xbox does decide to release a console with both a dedicated Xbox OS and storefront with optimized Xbox ports and back compat, and a windows layer to the OS allowing the use of PC storefronts like Steam, Epic, and GOG, and Sony doesn't find a way to block their PC releases from being playable on it, I may well get that Xbox console since it will likely be priced better than it would cost to upgrade my PC for next gen with similar specs.

Isn't that already the case though? lol technically Series X has no exclusives because they're all already on PC?

So it wasn't retaliation for the studio closures, what a shame:

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Isn't that already the case though? lol technically Series X has no exclusives because they're all already on PC?

It is indeed already the case. Had I known that Sony would start putting everything on PC back in 2020 I would have just upgraded my PC then instead of buying Series X, but instead I bought Series X for the console specific optimizations and good price tag relative to a similarly specced PC upgrade back in 2020. But now that both Xbox and Sony are releasing on PC I just don't see any good reason to buy a console, any money you save over a PC upgrade by buying a console is lost by buying the other console for it's 1st/2nd party games later in the gen (especially since console price cuts are coming much slower now than in past generations), better to just get/upgrade a PC where you can play both Xbox and Sony games (and even Nintendo if you like eyepatches xD). 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 May 2024