By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No cloud support yet cloud saves are a basic feature on Xbox with or without a subscription to anything so no cloud support is what … them removing basic features?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

No cloud support yet cloud saves are a basic feature on Xbox with or without a subscription to anything so no cloud support is what … them removing basic features?

He means no xCloud support.

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

He means no xCloud support.

Ah, I kinda forget that exists. Makes sense. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I think they are missing an occasion with the ad tier here.
I would instead add this ad tier benefits directly to current gold service, rebrand it gamepass gold change it's pricing to 5$/months (current monthly equivalent to a year subs of gold, but reduce the delay to 1 month for the higher price (compared to the proposed 3$).

Then I'll also add gold benefits to current gamepass essentialy ending xbox live gold as a standalone service and providing multiplayer to every subscriber.

For current xbox live user that pay yearly. No chamge for them but they now enjoy a ad supported gamepass tier essentialy for free.

For those that pay monthly. I'll offer them the choice, same price same benefits + full gamepass or new low price same benefits + ad supported limited gamepass

I think this would streamline their offering.

If they still want a 3$ subs tier, call it gamepass silver. The exact same as gamepass gold but delay increased back to 6 month.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

The reason is simple - games not sell well enough to justify the ports. Unfortunately not only Japanese games, but some smaller Western indie titles as well. It's a chicken and egg scenario - the audience is not here, but it won't come unless the games are here. Microsoft either need to open their thick wallet just to pay for the ports, which will guarantee the games coming, but not the audience I guess, or do something revolutionary with next-gen Xbox like Nintendo did with Switch in order to drastically expand Xbox user base.

I havent been following the western game scene as much but which western games didnt come out on Xbox that was on PS?

Good word of mouth for High on Life is spreading! The game has had its high concurrent player count yet on Steam a few hours ago. Not to mention just owning on Game Pass!

Ryuu96 said:

I wonder, is the #secretproject Cobalt, or their other game that Brian Fargo said was in development 2 years ago, the one that is expected to be a smaller isometric RPG as opposed to Cobalt which is a AAA RPG FPS. 

Edit: Based on Chad Moore's LinkedIn, I'd guess he is the game director and creative director of Project Cobalt, as he started working at inXile when Cobalt's development would have started in 2019. He previous was the creative director and game director of the MMO Wildstar, which was a pretty solid MMO imo.

No idea who is directing the other RPG they are working on, the Wasteland 3 director left to head up a new studio in 2020. Maybe David Rogers, the director of Bard Tale 4, he is still at inXile and still listed as a creative director on his LinkedIn. He last directed Wasteland 3's DLC's after the Wasteland 3 main game director left in 2020. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 December 2022

I wonder what exactly inXile delivered that was so compelling? If his project is indeed Cobalt, they already delivered a vertical slice demo of it to Xbox leadership back in October, Matt Booty mentioned that in an early November interview. This tweet makes it sound like their team just finished something major right before Christmas vacation in early December. I wonder, could it have been a reveal trailer for this rumored early 2023 Xbox show? If so, it would mean that Xbox has abandoned that whole "next 12 months games only" thing from E3, as even though Cobalt was originally aiming for a 2023 release internally, multiple insiders have said they believe it will be pushed into 2024 or possibly even 2025. 2024 or 2025 makes alot more sense than 2023 to me, Cobalt is said to be inXile's first AAA game and yet inXile is only at 114 devs on LinkedIn currently, split between 2 projects, and the new studio they built in Tustin 2 years ago has room for 150+ devs, while their New Orleans studio has room for probably 20-25 devs, so they clearly still have lots of expansion ahead of them before they can deliver a proper AAA game, unless Xbox has lots of support studios assisting them.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 December 2022

BasilZero said:

I havent been following the western game scene as much but which western games didnt come out on Xbox that was on PS?

From recent examples: Gris - only now coming to Xbox after years of absence and being on everything, even mobile phones. Neon White came to PS a couple of days ago in addition to PC/Switch but not on Xbox. Yes, will probably come later but still, the pattern is here - Xbox gets these games the last. There is the narrative in Xbox community that a lot of people are trying to make that Square Enix doesn't release their games because they "hate Xbox". My point is that this is total bs, and like it or not, but it's quite pragmatic business decision, and Square Enix is not the only publisher who does it. Xbox needs to grow a lot more in order to overturn this.