By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 8 66.67%

No 2 16.67%

Still need convincing (sp... 2 16.67%

Total:12

Looks like we may finally be free of the blight that is Kotaku. Reports coming out that the new management is telling the writers to drop writing news and opinion articles and post 50 game guides per week instead. Reports are 7 writers have resigned already in protest.

https://twitter.com/JayWood2010/status/1770962341942698152?t=ySDPszdvDSIfgRdQ7gwvpg&s=19

Lol, Jay is so right.

Around the Network

Mikami's new studio after leaving Tango last year is now announced. Called KAMUY.

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1770959574595452991?t=EnT_zrKGxNtDl_hgaQoxGg&s=19

Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting review bombed on Steam, currently at 38%. Not only does the PC port have Denuvo anti-cheat, which PC gamers hate, but the PC port is also poorly optimized, with one of the top negative reviews saying he can only hit 40 fps on lowest settings with DLSS ultra performance mode on (DLSS ultra performance reduces your resolution to 33% of your render target, so for 1080p it runs the game at native 360p, so even at that low of a resolution you can't hit 60 fps apparently).

We also found out why Capcom kept outdated aspects of the original game such as poor fast travel options, turns out Capcom is selling multiple singleplayer microtransactions, including fast travel tokens, character edit tokens, a lighter camping kit to reduce your characters weight and allow you to carry more loot, and rift crystals for buying pawns and other special items. All of that adds up to the kind of perfect storm that gets your game review bombed.

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/dragons-dogma-2-launches-to-mostly-negative-review-bombing-after-microtransaction-reveal-and-man-what-a-bummer

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 March 2024

They included one of all the MTX in the deluxe edition bundle except the port crystal, that’s fine ….except they’re extremely rare (and I assume limited) in the actual game. Not a problem, just walk everywhere…. Except quest givers can die in the open world. Not a problem just go to the quests when you see em… except …. There isn’t any quest markers, quest givers will come up to you … when you walk right next to them … in an open world RPG … just no Capcom, that’s such a fucking dumb design decision. On top of sphinx riddles that are one and done, you fail well .. NG+ including such gems as carry a vase across map but if it breaks .. NG+ … this game is a completionists nightmare 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 22 March 2024

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Capcom chucked away so much goodwill with this singleplayer microtransaction move. This is a game that made many 2024 most anticipated game lists, it likely would have sold plenty of copies to become profitable. Instead Capcom got greedy, and in so doing will likely cause many who would have bought the game at full price to wait on a deep discount, in the hopes they patch some of this stuff later on Middle-Earth: Shadow of War style.

Around the Network

I don’t have a problem with MTX if they’re easily obtainable in the game, it’s when you start stripping back features to push said MTX I have a problem with.

Also got no sympathy for Kotaku, they get what they fucking deserve.

shikamaru317 said:

Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting review bombed on Steam, currently at 38%. Not only does the PC port have Denuvo anti-cheat, which PC gamers hate, but the PC port is also poorly optimized, with one of the top negative reviews saying he can only hit 40 fps on lowest settings with DLSS ultra performance mode on (DLSS ultra performance reduces your resolution to 33% of your render target, so for 1080p it runs the game at native 360p, so even at that low of a resolution you can't hit 60 fps apparently).

We also found out why Capcom kept outdated aspects of the original game such as poor fast travel options, turns out Capcom is selling multiple singleplayer microtransactions, including fast travel tokens, character edit tokens, a lighter camping kit to reduce your characters weight and allow you to carry more loot, and rift crystals for buying pawns and other special items. All of that adds up to the kind of perfect storm that gets your game review bombed.

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/dragons-dogma-2-launches-to-mostly-negative-review-bombing-after-microtransaction-reveal-and-man-what-a-bummer

Sounds like they are trying to take Ubisoft's crown for cutting content in single player and selling it to you as dlc.

My need to complete and do everything is going to get in the way of enjoying DD. I haven't purchased mine yet and may just wait a bit before I do.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

WoodenPints said:
shikamaru317 said:

-

Sounds like they are trying to take Ubisoft's crown for cutting content in single player and selling it to you as dlc.

They don't even have to look at Ubisoft for this. They published 'Asura's Wrath' back in 2012... a game for which the true ending was locked behind paid DLC :')