By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Grounded reached the 20 million player mark

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 21 February 2024

Around the Network

Atlus is just killing it. SMT V is basically a whole new game really (on top of the original too). Plus Metaphor+Unicorn+ and the recently released P3R.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

First thought: This will be the first time I’ve played Valiant Hearts: The Great War, heard good things.

Immediate second thought: So Ubisoft managed to cram 119 Ubibles into a fucking 6 HR GAME!!! JESUS FC.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Spade said:

Physical confirmed!!! Wonder if they will do a steelbook or DE..? Coppin day one!!

Hope the 2 xbots in here who stan JRPGS will support it.

Don’t worry, I’ll save Xbots reputation as I’m buying this day one

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I cannot stress enough how disappointed I am in Skull and Bones. I gave Black Flag 9.4/10, and honestly if it just was a pirate game and didn't include the lame modern stuff it would probably be in my top 10 games of all time.

Skull and Bones isn't the worst game I've ever played, but I'm inclined to think it's the most disappointing.

I don't understand Ubisoft. They make games I absolutely adore (Mario anf Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Black Flag, Ass Creed Origin) and then they make trailer trash. How can a company be this inconsistent?

Dulfite said:

I cannot stress enough how disappointed I am in Skull and Bones. I gave Black Flag 9.4/10, and honestly if it just was a pirate game and didn't include the lame modern stuff it would probably be in my top 10 games of all time.

Skull and Bones isn't the worst game I've ever played, but I'm inclined to think it's the most disappointing.

I don't understand Ubisoft. They make games I absolutely adore (Mario anf Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Black Flag, Ass Creed Origin) and then they make trailer trash. How can a company be this inconsistent?

Yeah, Ubisoft has been disappointing people alot here lately. They haven't really had a big hit in both sales and reviews since AC Valhalla in 2020, everything else they have released since then either had lackluster sales, lackluster reviews, or both. I really think they need to give up on chasing GaaS and get back to doing what made people love their games to begin with, fun open worlds without the tedium of too much content (too long, too many collectibles, too many low effort open world activities and randomized quests) and good storylines. 

Sadly, their CEO, Yves Guillemot, has managed to release constant flops these last several years, driving their stock value down to less than 25% of what it was at it's peak in 2021, from $20.78 a share down to $4.84 a share. At this point he sees GaaS as the only way to fix their stock value, when chasing GaaS is the very thing that is causing their games to flop these days. I don't know if things will ever improve as long as Yves remains at the helm. I hope that AC Red later this year will be good, Yves did suggest it would be a smaller game than the oversized AC Valhalla, which is nice, but I don't know how much smaller. I also hope the rumored Black Flag remake is indeed happening and is good, unlike Skull and Bones. 

Oddly Dead Island 2 seems to still be available to install and play if you have Gamepass. It was on free play days over the weekend but that is supposed to have ended 2+ days ago, Sunday night at 11:59 PM PDT. It shows up on the Game Pass- Recently Added section on the Xbox UI and Gamepass App, and has the Gamepass Watermark on the Client Image, but wasn't on the list for the late February through 1st week of March Gamepass drops. Could be an error that will be removed shortly, or it could be a shadow drop possibly.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 21 February 2024

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:

Yeah, Ubisoft has been disappointing people alot here lately. They haven't really had a big hit in both sales and reviews since AC Valhalla in 2020, everything else they have released since then either had lackluster sales, lackluster reviews, or both. I really think they need to give up on chasing GaaS and get back to doing what made people love their games to begin with, fun open worlds without the tedium of too much content (too long, too many collectibles, too many low effort open world activities and randomized quests) and good storylines. 

Sadly, their CEO, Yves Guillemot, has managed to release constant flops these last several years, driving their stock value down to less than 25% of what it was at it's peak in 2021, from $20.78 a share down to $4.84 a share. At this point he sees GaaS as the only way to fix their stock value, when chasing GaaS is the very thing that is causing their games to flop these days. I don't know if things will ever improve as long as Yves remains at the helm. I hope that AC Red later this year will be good, Yves did suggest it would be a smaller game than the oversized AC Valhalla, which is nice, but I don't know how much smaller. I also hope the rumored Black Flag remake is indeed happening and is good, unlike Skull and Bones. 

AC Red's map I believe will be larger than Valhalla's but smaller than Odysseys.  I enjoy long games so I hope it still takes me forever to get through it, I just don't want it to feel like it's all unnecessary filler.  I say keep the RPG ACs large, and keep the non-RPG ones smaller.  For sure no GaaS.