By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Mobile/Handheld Improvements

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 February 2024

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Nintendo fans sitting there happy coz they got Switch 2 on the way from a company that has their shit together whilst the Xbox/PS camps are in complete shambles 😂😂😂

Well Nintendo has a history of fucking things up when they are doing well, so I would wait until the Switch 2 releases before making comments like this.

If they leapfrog $80 and $90 and go straight to $100.....

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 February 2024

KLXVER said:
VersusEvil said:

Nintendo fans sitting there happy coz they got Switch 2 on the way from a company that has their shit together whilst the Xbox/PS camps are in complete shambles 😂😂😂

Well Nintendo has a history of fucking things up when they are doing well, so I would wait until the Switch 2 releases before making comments like this.

Yeah. Wii U being their most recent example. I loved the console as time went on, but when it was first shown, I didn't even know it was Nintendo's next-gen console I thought it was an add-on of some sort. 

No overly needless gimmicks and clear/straightforward marketing should keep Nintendo in good tidings going into their next-gen console. 

Lol, digital-only and 100-dollar games? consoles are dead to me if that happens.

Around the Network

I'm not buying 100 dollar games. Maybe we can get some smaller 'more' affordable games like Hi-Fi Rush, which are FUN to play.

He's probably not wrong though sadly, if you look at other industries, we've seen at least 30% inflation since the start of 2020 on just about everything, from food, to housing, to fuel, to new and used car prices. Then you have gaming, where prices had started to rise from $60 to $70 before Covid even happened and have stayed at $70 now this whole time. Something has got to give, gaming isn't inflation proof. We not only have about 30% inflation over the last 4 years which hasn't hit gaming yet, we have another nearly 3 years of inflation before next gen starts Holiday 2026 according to leaks. A 40% leap in new game prices from $70 to $100 really wouldn't surprise me sadly.

PixelPirate said:

I'm not buying 100 dollar games. Maybe we can get some smaller 'more' affordable games like Hi-Fi Rush, which are FUN to play.

I love a good mix of games. I can only play so many big AAA releases that are 50+ hours long in a year. I'd rather have more variety with some smaller games that are around 10 hours to complete.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

shikamaru317 said:

He's probably not wrong though sadly, if you look at other industries, we've seen at least 30% inflation since the start of 2020 on just about everything, from food, to housing, to fuel, to new and used car prices. Then you have gaming, where prices had started to rise from $60 to $70 before Covid even happened and have stayed at $70 now this whole time. Something has got to give, gaming isn't inflation proof. We not only have about 30% inflation over the last 4 years which hasn't hit gaming yet, we have another nearly 3 years of inflation before next gen starts Holiday 2026 according to leaks. A 40% leap in new game prices from $70 to $100 really wouldn't surprise me sadly.

I see the price of Game Pass going up as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $15 for regular Game Pass for Xbox and PC and $25 for Ultimate by the time the next generation starts. Or some games that launch day one (Ie ABK titles) will only be available on the Ultimate tier. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I think they will increase Game Pass price but I could also see them locking ABK titles behind Ultimate only or moving day one to Ultimate only and regular Game Pass being 6-12 months or something.