By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

lol when people say Rare is irrelevant but has a Game that's still popular 6 years after release. ooof

But I don't really see how Sea would function on a switch, it's a very social game (I would argue a lot of MS's big hitters are) unless the switch 2 is more... less restrictive. would kinda feel like a gimped experience

I think I get your point for real Yeah, hmm.

If it could even run on Switch 2, it'd have other hurdles to overcome. Honestly a port might be more effort than it's worth.

it's okay, xbox is working on that portability factor now Kreygasm

Around the Network
ice said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think I get your point for real Yeah, hmm.

If it could even run on Switch 2, it'd have other hurdles to overcome. Honestly a port might be more effort than it's worth.

Oh shit, you're right, Lmao.

I can't imagine playing Sea of Thieves for hours on end on a handheld Tbh, I don't know why, it doesn't feel right in my head, I'd need a big screen and a controller, party chat is almost essential for a good crew as well, oh and good online connection, Lol. But they'd have to nerf the graphics quite a bit too, and I think it would be more complicated on a handheld with all the shit that has to be done.

Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

I can't imagine playing Sea of Thieves for hours on end on a handheld Tbh, I don't know why, it doesn't feel right in my head, I'd need a big screen and a controller, party chat is almost essential for a good crew as well, oh and good online connection, Lol. But they'd have to nerf the graphics quite a bit too, and I think it would be more complicated on a handheld with all the shit that has to be done.

I would assume the xbox handheld would have party chat, and the base xbox one version is still out there, if it can run that doesn't have to be high-end.

Maybe it'll just be a Cloud version for Switch.

ice said:
Ryuu96 said:

I would assume the xbox handheld would have party chat, and the base xbox one version is still out there, if it can run that doesn't have to be high-end.

Honestly I'd want quite a beefy handheld.

Lotta Xbox IP are more, technically demanding, I don't care much about graphics but, I don't want them to look ugly, Lol. Also 60fps is needed is a lot of IPs that Xbox has, FPS/Racers.

Future proof that shit.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

Honestly I'd want quite a beefy handheld.

Lotta Xbox IP are more, technically demanding, I don't care much about graphics but, I don't want them to look ugly, Lol. Also 60fps is needed is a lot of IPs that Xbox has, FPS/Racers.

Future proof that shit.

if you can download any game from ur library (including BC titles) that'd be sick in a handheld. I wouldn't want to be streaming games

Ryuu96 said:

The single major issue with this idea is damn licenses, Lol.

• Xbox OS/Store? Keep our Xbox libraries.
  • Windows OS/Store? Lose some of our Xbox library, however, may gain access to Steam.

I honestly don't know what one I want more.

Not even ALL 1st party are Play Anywhere IIRC?

In hindsight, I really feel like Microsoft should have merged the stores years ago, maybe before Xbox Series X, Lol.

Keep the Xbox OS/Store to keep the libraries.

And then make a console exclusive pocket version of the Windows OS/Store that you can access through it which gives you access to your Windows Store apps (but have it run through a sandbox/separate from the Xbox OS).

Dont care for any connection to Steam personally (I already have almost all Xbox games on Steam minus Sea of Thieves).

VersusEvil said:

Sooooo, what # game you on this year ?? 👀

I'm still on my first for the year.  Taking my time and enjoying the atmosphere. I'll try to 100%.

My journey hasn't been without its struggles.  

As it happens, I was going to have to overcome my fear of water and heights to be able to complete my Odyssey.  After traveling to a few smaller villages in search for some medicine to assist me with my phobias, I met an old woman who referred me to a bull named Tony.

Tony said I would need to endure three trials, receive two blessings and then feast before I could begin. The first trial he sent me on was that of fire.  At first it stung a little, but it did help with focusing my internal flame.

Tony then said I was ready for my next trial.

"You are ready for your next trial", "you must find your inner animal."  

So off I went, not quite sure what I was suppose to do for this one, but I wasn't going to half-ass it. 

After a few weeks, I returned once again to Tony.  He said the third and final trial is easy for some and impossible for others.  "This is a trial of Joy."  "You must let go of your inhibitions. Seek out belonging and acceptance without reserve."

I got through it, but it was the hardest.

Tony then said to seek out two blessings.  The Holy Men washed and cleansed me, preparing my appetite for the feast that would fill me anew. 

I was beginning to wonder if Tony was just having fun at my expense, but I returned to him anyways. 

"Now you must bring me all of the finest foods of the lands needed for your feast", he told me.

I quickly gathered all that was requested of me and Tony prepared my feast.  

We both slept heavily that night, he content with being able to aid me, and myself with a full belly and a renewed spirit.  The good sleep was welcome and the morning was to be the dawn of conquering my fears.  

"Go forth now!  Into the waters you will dive and fear it not!  On the waters you will rule!"

"With the heights you must accustom yourself slowly, start off small and work your way up to the highest peaks!"

Without hesitation I went straight to the waters.

...there was no fear...

I was in control.  

With this new found confidence I couldn't wait to begin my climbing training, but I was going to start off slow and easy.

I began as safely as I could.

Then I allowed my confidence to guide me into more challenging endeavors. 

And I knew my fear had finally been defeated when even the highest venues could no longer make me quiver. 

Some time had passed and I thought of Tony often.  I decided to go back and thank him for all he had done for me.  

Tony had died in the morning and I had arrived later that night.  I never got to thank him.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 14 February 2024

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I’m not even gonna attempt to quote that @DroidKnight 🥲 this is the type of quality posting I come for, wish @NobleTeam360 put this much effort in. Odyssey is the last (and last) Ubisoft game I actually enjoyed, even tho technically it’s bigger than Valhalla coz water it doesn’t feel it. Shame Tony didn’t scolded you for playing the inferior gender, Kassandra’s VA is significantly better 😉

I’m on game #8 of the year. 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 14 February 2024

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition