By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
gtotheunit91 said:

Odd. I'm not seeing any major outlet YouTube reviews, like IGN/GameSpot for High on Life and on metacritic, there's only 7 reviews. And that's just for the PC version. There's no console reviews for Series X/S or XOne on metacritic right now.

A lot of them received review copies late so that is probably why.

Around the Network

So uhm...the ending of Dragon Age Absolution is...interesting.

Angelus said:

Can't say I was expecting her to be back. 

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Can't say I was expecting her to be back. 

Definitely not. I mean how fucking long was she gone for? 3 years? More? How did she survive? Wtf was she doing all that time? She's working with mages now? I got a lot of questions. 

Around the Network

I was wondering why after loading the game back up after eating lunch there was a 21GB update even though I had barely turned the game off lol

Halo Infinite's shop in the winter update has been nothing but repeats, which isn't bad as it gives players another chance for some older cosmetics, but they've been back to being expensive. It's like 343 is getting desperate for cash.

I hope this doesn't end up meaning Forge becoming monetized at its 1.0 launch.

The moves — a reversal of long-held policies — are a response to EU laws aimed at leveling the playing field for third-party developers and improving the digital lives of consumers. For years, regulators and software makers have complained that Apple and Google, which run the two biggest mobile app stores, wield too much power as gatekeepers.

If similar laws are passed in additional countries, Apple's project could lay the groundwork for other regions, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the work is private. But the company's changes are designed initially to just go into effect in Europe.

Some engineers working on the plan also see it as distraction from typical day-to-day development of future features, according to the people. The company is aiming for the changes to be ready as part of an update to next year's iOS 17, which would be in line with requirements.

Will Apple Allow Users to Install Third-Party App Stores, Sideload in Europe? - Bloomberg

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 December 2022

Spade said:

SE... Worst publisher of the year lol. Must have demanded a GP bag. Fuck them Xbox gamers huh.

What's an Xbox?

shikamaru317 said:

Speaking of Square Enix, I see Forspoken trending on Twitter and it's mainly people saying the demo is bad or mid, both critic previews and fan impressions. People who were excited about the game before, saying it has a graphics downgrade relative to the marketing materials, technical issues, cringe dialogue, an empty world, floaty or overly hectic combat. I have been saying much of this since it was announced, it never looked particularly good to me, world traversal mechanics aside. Would have skipped this one even if it wasn't 2 year timed hatted by Sony. Pretty funny that Sony spent 2 year timed hat money on a dud though, serves them right.  

As I've said before, Forsaken will never actually release on Xbox. Saying it right now. It will flop so badly, that porting it to Xbox will be pointless after 2 years of exclusivity even for GamePass check.

Ryuu96 said:

The moves — a reversal of long-held policies — are a response to EU laws aimed at leveling the playing field for third-party developers and improving the digital lives of consumers. For years, regulators and software makers have complained that Apple and Google, which run the two biggest mobile app stores, wield too much power as gatekeepers.

If similar laws are passed in additional countries, Apple's project could lay the groundwork for other regions, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the work is private. But the company's changes are designed initially to just go into effect in Europe.

Some engineers working on the plan also see it as distraction from typical day-to-day development of future features, according to the people. The company is aiming for the changes to be ready as part of an update to next year's iOS 17, which would be in line with requirements.

That's kinda bad and a move into wrong direction. Hopefully it's EU only as it seems to be right now. This is the last thing we need during the time of renaissance of authoritarianism around the world. One trillion dollar company not being able to profit enough off another trillion dollar company is not as big of a deal as fundamental human rights.

Spade said:

Dead or Alive 5 and 6 did as much as I could. Pretty fun series. Not as good as MK, but I do like it better than SC in terms of the gameplay. Heard we not getting another though. :/

Might start High on Life! Road to 70!

You heard wrong.

We are getting another one - they confirmed it less than a month ago.

https://gamerant.com/team-ninja-dead-or-alive-reboot/

Ryuu96 said:

Will Apple Allow Users to Install Third-Party App Stores, Sideload in Europe? - Bloomberg

This is great news.