By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Hiku said:

Regardless of what you do console wise in the future, since you already have everything you need in a gaming PC besides the GPU, I would just get one anyway.
Maybe you'll want to play certain games using mods, etc.

The recommended PSU for RTX 3060 and RTX 4060 is 550 watts. So your PSU should be fine.

MSRP for 4060 is $299.

Fuck is RTX 3060 and RTX 4060? Lmao.

And what resolution does my current one offer?

And what resolution do those two offer?

Well no GPU offers a set resolution across all games, it's going to be different for each game, and even within that game, different depending on where you set the rest of your graphics settings, a GPU that can run at 1080p ultra settings with 60 fps will usually be able to run the same game at 1440p with high settings or a mix of medium and high settings for instance.

To give you a general idea of PC GPU performance, the tech site I use for comparing GPU's test each of them in a test suite of 15 different games, 9 of which are rasterization heavy and 6 of which have ray-tracing options (different GPU's have different strengths, AMD GPU's tend to be better in rasterization within the same price range, while Nvidia far outperforms AMD in raytracing since AMD has yet to add dedicated ray tracing cores to their GPU's like Nvidia has). These are some of the GPU's more powerful than your current 1660 Super that should also work on your 600 watt power supply:

Here are the results:

1080p, ultra settings, rasterization games, average framerate results (typical price for a new card currently in parenthesis)

Nvidia

• 1660 Super- 45.3 fps
  • 3060- 73 fps ($290)
  • 4060- 84.9 fps ($300)
  • 4060ti- 102 fps ($400 for 8 GB of GDDR6, $480 for 16 GB)
  • 4070- 123 fps ($550)

AMD

• 6600- 67.3 fps ($210)
  • 6600 XT- 78 fps ($230)
  • 6650 XT- 80 fps ($250)
  • 7600- 82.3 fps ($260)
  • 7600 XT- 90.5 fps ($340)

Intel

• Arc a580- 65.1 fps ($170)

1080p, ultra settings, ray tracing games, average framerate results

Nvidia

• 1660 Super- Not tested because it's so bad at ray tracing that it's pointless to test
  • 3060- 34.1 fps
  • 4060- 41.7 fps
  • 4060 ti- 53 fps
  • 4070- 69.4 fps

AMD

• 6600- 20.7 fps
  • 6600 XT- 24.8 fps
  • 6650 XT- 25.6 fps
  • 7600- 31.3 fps
  • 7600 XT- 35.1 fps

Intel

• Arc a580- 32.7 fps
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 February 2024

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Honestly as well, I'd be nervous about changing the GPU

I'm going to ask a friend if he knows and if I ever do decide to swap it, I'll pay him off to do it for me LOL.

Swapping a GPU is one of the easiest things to do.

RAM is probably the one thing that's easier. 

You just download more RAM right? /Kappa.

Yeah I could probably just watch a Youtube video.

Hiku said:
Ryuu96 said:

So basically, Nvidia have their 'generations' of graphics cards.
You have one from the 1000 series. (1660 Super)

Then they released the 2000 series, then 3000 series, and most recently 4000 series.

Think of the '60' at the end of 4060 as an indication of tier within that series.

The higher the last two digits, the more powerful, and more expensive you can expect the card to be.
But like your GPU (1660 Super) they some times re-release stronger versions of the cards by adding a "Super" or "Ti" after.

The 3060 and 4060 are among the lower end of their respective series.
However they are quite powerful.

If you're gaming in 1080p or 1440p, you should be fine.

As for resolution, all those cards including yours support 4K if you want that. But the framerate gets lower the higher your resolution and details level.

The difference in fps between your card and 4060 varies depending on the game. But here's an example with Resident Evil 4.

If you have a friend that can do it, that may be safer if you're new to switching out components. But you could always take a look at a tutorial first and see if it seems easy for you or not.

Changing GPU is one of the easist things to do though when it comes to PC building.

So I gather from that, the GPU I have now would struggle on demanding games above 1080p/60fps?

What sort of GPU would I need for something capable of matching Xbox Series X?

How would you rate the rest of the specs?

I honestly just sort of winged this one, found a PC, looked decently powerful, changed a few things and got it, Lol.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Well no GPU offers a set resolution across all games, it's going to be different for each game, and even within that game, different depending on where you set the rest of your graphics settings, a GPU that can run at 1080p ultra settings with 60 fps will usually be able to run the same game at 1440p with high settings or a mix of medium and high settings for instance.

To give you a general idea of PC GPU performance, the tech site I use for comparing GPU's test each of them in a test suite of 15 different games, 9 of which are rasterization heavy and 6 of which have ray-tracing options (different GPU's have different strengths, AMD GPU's tend to be better in rasterization within the same price range, while Nvidia far outperforms AMD in raytracing since AMD has yet to add dedicated ray tracing cores to their GPU's like Nvidia has). These are some of the GPU's more powerful than your current 1660 Super that should also work on your 600 watt power supply:

Here are the results:

1080p, ultra settings, rasterization games, average framerate results (typical price for a new card currently in parenthesis)

Nvidia

• 4060- 84.9 fps ($300)

Oh right, sure yeah, I forgot how much you can customise the graphic settings, Lol.

Interesting. Hmm. I definitely would care about framerate more.

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan? @Spade 

I plan on riding the rest of this gen out, already bought a Series X (resell honestly not worth it anyways) and i'll keep it for Xbox BC and whatever console gamepass games that aren't on PC gamepass. Getting a gaming PC next gen and possibly a PS6

Anyways, I'll still be looking forward to xbox IPs and posting in here. Just a weird time to be an xbox fan

Better get my trophy unlocks when I boot up Sea of thieves and Halo on PS tho lol

Ryuu96 said:

So I gather from that, the GPU I have now would struggle on demanding games above 1080p/60fps?

What sort of GPU would I need for something capable of matching Xbox Series X?

How would you rate the rest of the specs?

I honestly just sort of winged this one, found a PC, looked decently powerful, changed a few things and got it, Lol.

Yeah, you could always adjust settings down to get a smooth fps experience on modern games with your GPU though.

But I think if you throw in an RTX 4060, you'd be around Series X level.

I say around, because there seems to be no clear winner in tests between the 4060 and SX/PS5, which mainly seems to come down to the lack of VRAM in 4060. (It has 8 GB, while it's predecessor, 3060, had 12 GB.) And the fact that games are easier to optimize for consoles that all have the same set specs.

But unless you make side-by-side comparisons, you're just going to feel like you are playing on a current gen system like Series X.

Everything else in your system looks quite good. (Just make sure to install your games on your OS Drive instead of the Hard Drive)

Last edited by Hiku - on 05 February 2024

Around the Network
    ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan?

No exit plan.

I'm hoping they transition to a ecosystem similar to Android/Apple is if Hardware is not in the future.

As for what I have - not sure what to do with my Series S - might make it a emulation station but my PC does a hell of a better job for that.

My Series X - I'm gonna continue playing it mainly with b/c games that I missed out in the Xbox and 360 years - but will also dwell into first party titles from MS across all the platforms.

Ryuu96 said:

Also their BC is just emulation so it's a bit baffling they never brought it to Windows Store anyway, even if it was just 1st party only, it would bring previously X360 exclusives to PC for the first time ever.

The fact not all older first-party Xbox games are available on PC in still baffling to me. Only way to play Fable 2 and 3 is via BC on Xbox. Same with not all Gears of War games on PC. A Fable trilogy and Gears collection released on Xbox Series X|S and PC make so much sense to do. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

BasilZero said:
    ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan?

No exit plan.

I'm hoping they transition to a ecosystem similar to Android/Apple is if Hardware is not in the future.

As for what I have - not sure what to do with my Series S - might make it a emulation station but my PC does a hell of a better job for that.

My Series X - I'm gonna continue playing it mainly with b/c games that I missed out in the Xbox and 360 years - but will also dwell into first party titles from MS across all the platforms.

I still consider myself in the Xbox ecosystem even though I play just everything on PC nowadays. I play Xbox games via Game Pass on PC. And yes, I still have my Xbox Series S, which I use for indie games or when I don't want to game on my PC. I've realized though I should just get a long enough HDMI cable so I could plug my TV into the PC. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
    Ryuu96 said:

Also their BC is just emulation so it's a bit baffling they never brought it to Windows Store anyway, even if it was just 1st party only, it would bring previously X360 exclusives to PC for the first time ever.

The fact not all older first-party Xbox games are available on PC in still baffling to me. Only way to play Fable 2 and 3 is via BC on Xbox. Same with not all Gears of War games on PC. A Fable trilogy and Gears collection released on Xbox Series X|S and PC make so much sense to do. 

Makes even more sense if they are bringing future games to Playstation/Nintendo

ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan? @Spade 

I plan on riding the rest of this gen out, already bought a Series X (resell honestly not worth it anyways) and i'll keep it for Xbox BC and whatever console gamepass games that aren't on PC gamepass. Getting a gaming PC next gen and possibly a PS6

Anyways, I'll still be looking forward to xbox IPs and posting in here. Just a weird time to be an xbox fan

Better get my trophy unlocks when I boot up Sea of thieves and Halo on PS tho lol

As soon as Halo is on PS5, I'll jump ship. Until then, I stick with Xbox. 

Edit* I'll add Gears, Fable, and Forza as well. The OG Xbox classics. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 05 February 2024