By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you; your past, your future. This is the way the world Xbox ends.

Around the Network
Spade said:

Death of Xbox. 

Sheesh, kind of an odd venue to make a statement on this. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Spade said:

Death of Xbox. 

CNBC is all about business and finance, and this decision clearly came from Microsoft's Chief Financial Officer, Amy Hood, so I guess it's fitting in a way. They don't really care about the feelings of the loyal Xbox fans they are hurting with this decision, they only care about the money.

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

CNBC is all about business and finance, and this decision clearly came from Microsoft's Chief Financial Officer, Amy Hood, so I guess it's fitting in a way. They don't really care about the feelings of the loyal Xbox fans they are hurting with this decision, they only care about the money. 

True, thinking of it that way I guess this is the perfect place to announce it lol.

PixelPirate said:
smroadkill15 said:

As long as Xbox games are being made, I don't really care what hardware I play it on. If they go 3rd party, I'll get a PS5. It's not really a big deal to me. I am curious to see if they still have a plan to keep supporting hardware going forward.

For me it also isn't a huge problem, I just have a soft spot for Xbox Studio games, the ecosystem and some nostalgic reasons.

However, if all those games come to PS5, I will just play them on my Playstation. I get the benefit of having more third-party games, Playstation first party games, and also Xbox games on the same platform. No need in owning a Xbox anymore as I don't really use Gamepass. I'm definitely not buying games on my Series X anymore with this shitstorm brewing.

I have that same soft spot as well for Xbox hardware and games. Xbox has been my go to console since the original Xbox  and I totally understand why some are upset by these changes. But I'm not going to let my love for games overall go away because my preferred console is changing course. As long as I can still play my favorite Xbox games, I'll be good. 

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

I'm trying to understand those comments from Oneeee Chan, but I just don't....

Well, if you tell me which comment.
I'm not a robot, so we can have a conversation.

Jeff Grubb just said MS won't talk about this until the end of this month. They can't possibly stay silent on this matter for that long... surely. lmao

konnichiwa said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Square is not a first party to begin with.

It seemed odd to see so few Xbox fans thinking about Sony games like God of War, Spider-Man, or Horizon.
And Stellar Blade is also third party.

I know this discussion started with a reply to Konnichiwa.
Well I am writing about my impressions from comments on ResetEra and Twitter.

A weird reply because for me it is weird that they stil would have 'pay' for gamepass core to play a MMO that asks to pay  for it aswell.

Maybe it's because the user base is so small.

I'm glad everyone is having calm, not in any way emotional, rational discussions about the future of Xbox. 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
konnichiwa said:

A weird reply because for me it is weird that they stil would have 'pay' for gamepass core to play a MMO that asks to pay  for it aswell.

Maybe it's because the user base is so small.

That does not make sense. The decision would be Microsoft's anyway. Square Enix aren't the ones that decide you need to subscribe to gamepass to play FFXIV. It does not really have anything to do with Square.