By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

New article by Tom Warren saying MS is considering bringing Indiana Jones to PS5 several months after it launches on Xbox.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/4/24057433/microsoft-bethesda-indiana-jones-and-the-great-circle-ps5-release

"While Bethesda will launch its Indiana Jones game first as an Xbox console exclusive, it’s currently set to have a rather short period of exclusivity we’re told. A release for PS5 is being considered for some months later, with Bethesda tentatively targeting a December 2024 launch for the Xbox and PC versions."

If there is no truth to these rumours MS needs to get on top of it ASAP.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

New article by Tom Warren saying MS is considering bringing Indiana Jones to PS5 several months after it launches on Xbox.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/4/24057433/microsoft-bethesda-indiana-jones-and-the-great-circle-ps5-release

"While Bethesda will launch its Indiana Jones game first as an Xbox console exclusive, it’s currently set to have a rather short period of exclusivity we’re told. A release for PS5 is being considered for some months later, with Bethesda tentatively targeting a December 2024 launch for the Xbox and PC versions."

If there is no truth to these rumours MS needs to get on top of it ASAP.

They need to say something on this soon whether saying it is not true or that some exclusives will come to rival consoles sometime after they launch on Xbox/PC. I wasn't going to write an article on this, but with The Verge reporting on it with their own source I decided to write up an article. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Xbox strategy may be to keep Xbox Game Studio titles as Xbox console exclusives so games like Halo and Forza don't go on competing platforms. Then have Bethesda and ABK titles as multiplatform or 1 year exclusives. Let's me real, Xbox doesn't have the hardware selling power to have 30+ studios making games only for xbox, PC and xCloud. Even Sony and Nintendo probably couldn't keep all those games exclusive for very long with that many studios and development cost continuing to rise.

😅 If this really happens, very good for Playstation and Nintendo gamers. For Xbox gamers? I have no clue.

We had a good run xbots...

smroadkill15 said:

Xbox strategy may be to keep Xbox Game Studio titles as Xbox console exclusives so games like Halo and Forza don't go on competing platforms. Then have Bethesda and ABK titles as multiplatform or 1 year exclusives. Let's me real, Xbox doesn't have the hardware selling power to have 30+ studios making games only for xbox, PC and xCloud. Even Sony and Nintendo probably couldn't keep all those games exclusive for very long with that many studios and development cost continuing to rise.

Only release Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable

Years pass 

MS buys up 20 studios to help with IP diversity

Decides to put games on PS/Switch

Xbox/PC only games ….  Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable

The circle is complete. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
aTokenYeti said:

It’s wild, at the end of 2021 I was so optimistic about the future of Xbox, just 2 years and a full publisher purchased later it looks like they are throwing in the towel.

I wouldn't be surprised if in addition to the inevitable exit from the console business (could be 5 years from now, 10, maybe a little more) that at some point Microsoft just stops with any IPs that have been created under them (Gears, Forza, etc.) and just publishes stuff like Minecraft and distributes or publishes the many devs and even some publishers they've bought up. 

Why worry about Gears, Forza, Halo, and the like when you have Minecraft, Elder Scrolls (and other Bethesda stuff), and Call of Duty? 

What an awful idea and one way to kill the brand and IPs that made them successful. Just because some of their IPs are bigger than others doesn't mean they should only focus on those. They have enough studios to focus on multiple IPs. I can't help but see this as some weird trolling post. 

So who’s double dipping on Starfield??

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Just wait and see Starfield running better on PS5 :'). Playstation is my new love. Sorry guys...

I owned a Sega Megadrive and Dreamcast back in the day.

After all those rumours about Xbox aquiring Sega, they are becoming Sega themselves.

Sorry for dooming. Case by case basis my ass.. something really changed internally, and quick.