By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Like a second of new gameplay in here, Indy hanging from a chandelier, Lol.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
shikamaru317 said:

I sure hope it is not that that short. They had an in-engine trailer ready for the December 2019 The Game Awards, which means development would have needed to begin probably 6 months before that. So we're looking at 5 years of development time approximately with a team size rumored to be around 80-100 devs for the last 2.5 or so years, compared to just 20 devs on Hellblade 1. With a longer development cycle and a development team 4-5x larger than the first game, I would say they should have had the time and development resources to at least go from 8 hours playtime to 20 hours playtime. Only 10 or so hours would be kind of disappointing. 

8 hours?

Hellblade took me 6 hours and that was with me getting lost from time to time while searching for the collectables.

That is what How Long To Beat has the average main + side playtime at:

https://howlongtobeat.com/game/41638

VersusEvil said:
shikamaru317 said:

16 seemed kind of meh, would rather get 7 Remake on Xbox, but I will probably play 16 on a sale or gamepass at some point.

16 is a fantastic game and it’s western enough that you’ll definitely enjoy it :) 

Eh, I've not heard great things about it. No party member control, meh side quests, story compared to Game of Thrones (not what I want out of a JP game story wise). I'll still play it at some point, but certainly not at anywhere near full price. FF7R I will likely buy at a higher price, though they better not pull some $70 BS on Xbox fans after making us wait 4 years to play it. Ideally Xbox will put it on Gamepass, but I'm not going to hold my breath there. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 January 2024

Looks like Palworld peaked at 855k CCU, I'm not sure if it will increase anymore today.

So close to 1m

Lol, gotta love Asmon ripping into idiot gaming writers. The best part is that you know these hate articles will have the opposite effect and drive more people to play the game, we saw it when they tried to cancel Hogwart's Legacy last year. 

Around the Network

There's A LOT of very angry Pokemon fans, Lol.

I'm pretty sure if The Pokemon Company had a case, they would sue them already, but we shall see, a lot of the designs are suspicious but I don't think they'd be grounds for a lawsuit, I'd love a lawyer to comment on this, but I feel like a court would just rule it in the grounds of inspiration or protected under parody rather than straight up copyright violation, Lol.

There's clearly a lot of Pokemon "influence" but they also appear changed enough to avoid any legal complications. A lot of Pokemon fans demanding TPC sue the studio or wishing it happens, Lol. Not sure they'll get their wish, but it's generating a lot of anger amongst certain circles so I think it will grow overtime. Seriously doubt Microsoft heavily advertises it anytime soon, Lmao.

The comments about animal cruelty are dumb.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2024

Omg its Nessa from Sword/Shield lmao

Ryuu96 said:

I'm pretty sure if The Pokemon Company had a case, they would sue them already, but we shall see, a lot of the designs are suspicious but I don't think they'd be grounds for a lawsuit, I'd love a lawyer to comment on this, but I feel like a court would just rule it in the grounds of inspiration or protected under parody rather than straight up copyright violation, Lol.

There's clearly a lot of Pokemon "influence" but they also appear changed enough to avoid any legal complications.

What Nintendo and Pokemon Company should do is see it as a wake-up call. There is alot of wasted potential within the Pokemon franchise, nearly every Pokemon game they release is overly safe and paint by the numbers, and they still treat the series as if though it is a handheld series even though Switch is both handheld and home console. They could deliver a AAA pokemon game that blows both Palworld and their own earlier games away, with a huge open world, crafting, voice acting, higher end graphics, detailed pokemon attack animations, and more, but instead they keep playing it safe and making lower budget handheld game offerings even though Pokemon's strong sales more than justify a much higher budget going back into development. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

There's clearly a lot of Pokemon "influence" but they also appear changed enough to avoid any legal complications.

What Nintendo and Pokemon Company should do is see it as a wake-up call. There is alot of wasted potential within the Pokemon franchise, nearly every Pokemon game they release is overly safe and paint by the numbers, and they still treat the series as if though it is a handheld series even though Switch is both handheld and home console. They could deliver a AAA pokemon game that blows both Palworld and their own earlier games away, with a huge open world, crafting, voice acting, higher end graphics, detailed pokemon attack animations, and more, but instead they keep playing it safe and making lower budget handheld game offerings even though Pokemon's strong sales more than justify a much higher budget going back into development. 

That last line is why they won't, Lmao.

Game sells tens of millions without them having to change anything or improve on anything.

shikamaru317 said:

Lol, gotta love Asmon ripping into idiot gaming writers. The best part is that you know these hate articles will have the opposite effect and drive more people to play the game, we saw it when they tried to cancel Hogwart's Legacy last year. 

You kill virtual innocent humans in GTA but ohh no this cruelty against Pokemon WTF