By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:
Zippy6 said:

I can't say this random discord screenshot posted on neogaf is legit or not. Dude supposedly knew info about Indiana Jones before the direct such as VA, Harrison Ford model etc.

But I'm not really interested in discussing if what they said is true or not I'm more interested in just the hypothetical idea they put forward when they said "in talks with some manufacturers to make their own version of xbox consoles."

I guess this would be kind of similar to what Valve wanted to do way back when they introduced Steam Machines. So different manufactures could all make their own "Xbox". I'm wondering how a strategy like that could turn out and if it would be a viable option for Xbox's next generation. I guess really it would turn out to be more like a set of prebuilt pc's with a windows based OS using a frontend optimised for gamepad.

Not the worst idea in the world. Valve really shot themselves in the foot by announcing Steam Machines at least 2 years too early imo. 

But at the same time, I can't help but wonder what would the point be? Steam Machines purpose was at least to provide affordable PC gaming that could potentially replace your console, but Xbox already has an affordable option and more a powerful one. Maybe to take off the pressures of manufacturing?

Not that i really belive it atm but this was Ms original idea with Xbox was to have other company's making it.

I guess if they did this it would be like Google with Android.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Good Lord, Lmao.

It's on Game Pass as well on both Xbox and PC.

Wait.. That cant be right we all know games dont sell if they are on Gamepass..

zero129 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Good Lord, Lmao.

It's on Game Pass as well on both Xbox and PC.

I was wrong about Palworld, you were right, 91% positive on Steam, haha.

Seems Pierre is doing great stuff for 343 internally too, Tashi and Sketch saying it's the most excited they've been for the future of Halo and spirits at the studio are high, along with hiring back in force and multiple projects in development, seems like Pierre has really turned things around in numerous ways but do they move forward with Slipspace or Unreal Engine.

My sneaking suspicion is that 343 ported Halo to Unreal Engine a lot easier than expected so 343 decided to scrap Tatanka and instead move straight onto the next core Halo in co-development with Certain Affinity on Unreal Engine and full steam ahead on that, instead of a spinoff focused largely about Battle Royale which is a bit too late to the scene.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 January 2024

BR is oversaturated at this point. I don't think Halo would bring anything new that would get players off of the big ones (Apex, Warzone, Fortnite). So I think it's a good thing if they scrap the heavily rumored BR game. All it would do is split off Infinite players from the main MP to BR and probably result in both games having very low player population totals.

More SP Halo experiences PLS!

Around the Network

PlayStation-esq? So pretty looking walking simulators, Chris Bing on point with that one.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:
zero129 said:

I was wrong about Palworld, you were right, 91% positive on Steam, haha.

Now i know your clowning me since we know gamepass is full of shite.

Can confirm that Nick was actually right about Vision's of Mana.

Also FFXVI was in Nate's *predictions* not a leak, but still.

Xbox and Square chumming up lately so it feels fairly obvious.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 January 2024

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Cool about FFXVI. Wonder if Square will ever do FFVII Remake.