By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Palworld above Starfield peak now. Who the hell would have thought that.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

I sure hope it is not that that short. They had an in-engine trailer ready for the December 2019 The Game Awards, which means development would have needed to begin probably 6 months before that. So we're looking at 5 years of development time approximately with a team size rumored to be around 80-100 devs for the last 2.5 or so years, compared to just 20 devs on Hellblade 1. With a longer development cycle and a development team 4-5x larger than the first game, I would say they should have had the time and development resources to at least go from 8 hours playtime to 20 hours playtime. Only 10 or so hours would be kind of disappointing. 

Pretty sure it would be priced at $70 if it were a 20 hour game. I personally don't mind it. Too many games go for too many hours. Plus, this just means the presentation will blow the first game out of the water with much more minute attention to detail. 

I am also in the boat of not minding it being a short game that does not have me doing busy work just to extend the length.  My patience for games like that is wanning as I grow older.  Give me a game that goes from one unique event to another without the fluff and a fun experience and I will be happy with the results, even if its only an 8 hour experience.

Lets be honest though, the game was being trashed before release, even the developers spoke about the negative reception, I bet if Xbox heavily promoted it we'd have people being like "Lol! Look at how desperate Xbox is! Poor guys trying to rip-off Pokemon!" but the "meme" of it all has led to people checking it out and thinking "actually, you know what, it ain't bad" so Xbox should now heavily market it, Lol.

If it was in the Dev Direct I GUARANTEE the reactions would have been poor.

Even now there's still a bit of "when are these developers being sued" by Pokemon fans, Lmao.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 January 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Lets be honest though, the game was being trashed before release, even the developers spoke about the negative reception, I bet if Xbox heavily promoted it we'd have people being like "Lol! Look at how desperate Xbox is! Poor guys trying to rip-off Pokemon!" but the "meme" of it all has led to people checking it out and thinking "actually, you know what, it ain't bad" so Xbox should now heavily market it, Lol.

Even now there's still a bit of "when are these developers being sued" by Pokemon fans, Lmao.

What has trying to rip off pokemon to do with xbox while we know that the game is coming to all platforms?
If Xbox was really worried about what people think they would not have shown Todd Howard yesterday.

First time I heard about this game was like a week ago and now it will probably reach 500k+ concurrent players on Steam alone. Crazy

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

What has trying to rip off pokemon to do with xbox while we know that the game is coming to all platforms?
If Xbox was really worried about what people think they would not have shown Todd Howard yesterday.

Yes, Xbox heavily advertising a game as an exclusive, day one Game Pass release, in their first major showcase of the year, which was heavily scrutinised pre-release and called a Pokemom rip-off totally wouldn't cause mocking at the Dev Direct and be well received, Lol. Hindsight is an amazing thing to have and very easy to criticise when you have it.

Lmao at that last line. Did Todd Howard kill your dog or something? Some of y'all need to get a grip when it comes to Howard, Lol.

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

People go mad for exclusive Skins or earlier DLC releases and a day one Game Pass release is definitely much bigger. Pretty sure there is a specific group on the internet which would have gone crazy to shit on Xbox if it would've been on the show yesterday. 

I mean it's sort of like Indiana Jones, if it was 3rd person they'd be endless annoying comparisons between Indiana Jones and Uncharted so it has thankfully avoided that. If you don't think the Nintendo fans wouldn't be slaughtering Xbox for including Palworld in their Dev Direct, Lol. The developers themselves spoke about the negative reception to the game pre-launch but hey it's actually being well received on launch, that's a good thing. Like I said, hindsight is a great thing to have, Lol.

MRW I see Todd Howard's face.

Indiana Jones looks fantastic! A lot of weird hate for it being 1st person. I was open to 1st or 3rd and thankfully machinengames did a great job selling the decision for first person.