By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Question for the Thread.

Since we always ask what our most anticipated upcoming (announced) title is, I thought I'd change it up a little and ask what are your top 3 (or however many you'd like to list) unannounced projects based on rumours/job postings that you are most looking forward to being revealed and learning more about?

Some Unannounced Projects Based on Rumours.

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".
  • Gears of War 6 (Technically Unannounced).
  • The Coalition's Rumoured New IP.
  • InXile's Project Cobalt (AAA FPS RPG).
  • Compulsion's Project Midnight (Third Person Action Game Set in a Dark and Fantastical World).
  • Project Dragon by IO Interactive (Fantasy RPG).
  • Project Shaolin by BrassLion Entertainment (Action RPG).
  • Project Belfry by Stoic Studios (Side Scrolling Brawling Combat).
  • Project Suerte by Certain Affinity (Monster Hunter Inspired).
  • Zenimax Online AAA New IP.
  • John Johanas Project at Tango Gameworks.

You can see a little more about some of these projects here: Xbox Game StudiosBethesda Softworks

May have missed a few but I have most of the major rumours.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Question for the Thread.

Since we always ask what our most anticipated upcoming (announced) title is, I thought I'd change it up a little and ask what are your top 3 (or however many you'd like to list) unannounced projects based on rumours/job postings that you are most looking forward to being revealed and learning more about?

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".
  • Compulsion's Project Midnight (Third Person Action Game Set in a Dark and Fantastical World).

You can see a little more about some of these projects here: Xbox Game StudiosBethesda Softworks

Might have missed a few.

Mine would be:

Gears 6: Gears is my favorite Xbox ip and i'm curious to see what the team will make without Tod Fergusson

InXile project: Out of all the new Xbox studios, InXile seems to be the most excited and the most grateful to be given the opportunity to make something big again. I'm really looking forward to see what will be the result of this enthusiasm

John Johanas Tango project: Mikami said Johannas project is something completely different to what Tango is known for and its always interesting to see a studio try something out of their comfort zone. Plus, Johannas proved to be a great director with TEW2

Ryuu96 said:

Question for the Thread.

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".

1. Gears 6
  2. The Coalition's Rumored New IP
  3. InXile's Project Cobalt

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Ryuu96 said:

Question for the Thread.

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".

Gears of War 6

Project Cobalt

Project Shaolin

Around the Network

Mine.

1. InXile's Project Cobalt.
  2. Project Dragon by IO Interactive.
  3. Zenimax Online AAA New IP.
  4. Project Suerte by Certain Affinity.
  5. Compulsion's Project Midnight.
  6. Project Belfry by Stoic Studios.

Ryuu96 said:

Found our XBE GOTY Results from 2015 - 2020 through Archive, I could just repost them here but no 2021.

@shikamaru317 don't happen to have the result saved anywhere for 2021, do you?

To be honest with you, I don't have the full results saved, wish I had done so now. I'm pretty sure that Halo Infinite was the winner while Forza Horizon 5 was the runner-up. But I remember very little about the rest of the awards. Hopefully we can find the post when Talon compiles all of the missing posts from between the last good back-up and the hack.

Ryuu96 said:

Question for the Thread.

• Vague "Halo Spinoff".

My ranking based on my interest level (if not listed, I'm not interested):

1. Halo spinoff
  2. Forza Horizon 6
  3. inXile Project Cobalt
  4. Wolfenstein 3 (technically sort of announced as Machine said it was a trilogy back when Wolfenstein 2 released, but it's not properly announced)
  5. Compulsion Project Midnight
  6. IOI Project Dragon
  7. Zenimax Online Project Kestrel
  8. Deathloop sequel (pretty safe bet that Arkane Lyon is working on this, afterall they recently gave the game an expanded ending that hints at a sequel)
  9. Stoic Project Belfry
  10. Coalition new IP (could go higher but we know nothing about it yet other than that it's smaller than AAA)
  11. Double Fine new IP (could go higher but we know nothing about it yet)
  12. John Johanas Tango Gameworks new IP (said to be something the opposite of horror, which gives me some interest in it, but I need more details)
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 November 2022