By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Blade so far has been my favorite. I can't wait until we get a longer trailer.

I think Arkane will be able to redeem themselves with it.

Around the Network

A CGI trailer and “now in development” … yep they actually did announce a game that’s yrs out … ridiculous and still no release date for Hellblade 2? ….

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

axumblade said:

Blade so far has been my favorite. I can't wait until we get a longer trailer.

I think Arkane will be able to redeem themselves with it.

Completely different teams Tbf but I understand the Arkane "brand" is tarnished a little by Arkane Austin, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Hope this is in development simultaneously alongside Dishonored 3 at Arkane Lyon and that Dishonored 3 wasn't cancelled or put on hold in favor of Blade. We already had this happen with Wolfenstein 3 and Indiana Jones.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hope this is in development simultaneously alongside Dishonored 3 at Arkane Lyon and that Dishonored 3 wasn't cancelled or put on hold in favor of Blade. We already had this happen with Wolfenstein 3 and Indiana Jones.

It probably never entered development, Arkane Lyon only has like 150ish employees, I doubt they can work on two AAAs at once without largely staffing up so it's probably only Blade for now.

Get Austin on Prey 2 tho.

Around the Network

If the development just began then MS is announcing next gen titles early

Also Blade and Indiana Jones are probably partly a result of Wolfenstein 2 and Dishonoured 2 underperforming.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

It probably never entered development, Arkane Lyon only has like 150ish employees, I doubt they can work on two AAAs at once without largely staffing up so it's probably only Blade for now.

Get Austin on Prey 2 tho.

Well Bethesda is saying Blade just entered development, which implies in the last few months. Deathloop was like August 2021. That means Arkane Lyon had 2 years to work on something before starting on Blade, and Dishonored 3 was on the leaked roadmap (releasing the same year as the unknown licensed game).

That is why I'm hoping this isn't another Wolfenstein 3-Indiana Jones situation where the next game in an owned IP gets put on hold or cancelled in favor of a licensed game opportunity that came along. Hopefully work on Dishonored 3 got passed to Arkane Austin if it was in development at Arkane Lyon for 2 years.

jason1637 said:

If the development just began then MS is announcing next gen titles early

Well Bethesda already did that with ES6

But I think it depends on what they mean by development, do they mean development as in production or do they mean they've only just started pre-production. If they've only just started pre-production then yeah it's likely around 5 years away, around next gen but if they mean they've started production then it should be sooner, I'd say around 3 years.