By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:

Is just weird that Remnant 1 and 2 are on gamepass but people are so quiet about it....

Because there was no announcement?

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/xbox-game-pass-adds-one-of-2023s-best-games-in-surprise-shadow-drop

Around the Network
Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

Is just weird that Remnant 1 and 2 are on gamepass but people are so quiet about it....

Because there was no announcement?

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/xbox-game-pass-adds-one-of-2023s-best-games-in-surprise-shadow-drop

Well that's the point, you expect the thread to be alive when something like that happens =p

Spade said:

That Tim Stuart dude of Xbox, needs to stfu. Sick of his mixed messaging. Either Xbox, put the games on PS and wrap it up on console, or stfu about it.

I'm not really sure how this qualifies as mixed messaging.

Nobody over there has ever made a secret of the fact that they would love to have GP on literally everything. Of course they do. That's literally their endgame. But their industry influence is going to have to expand MASSIVELY for Nintendo, and particularly Sony to get on board with the idea of being an outlet which people use to play Xbox. 

Angelus said:
Spade said:

That Tim Stuart dude of Xbox, needs to stfu. Sick of his mixed messaging. Either Xbox, put the games on PS and wrap it up on console, or stfu about it.

Nobody over there has ever made a secret of the fact that they would love to have GP on literally everything. Of course they do. That's literally their endgame. But their industry influence is going to have to expand MASSIVELY for Nintendo, and particularly Sony to get on board with the idea of being an outlet which people use to play Xbox. 

It is kind a mixed messaging and this guy also made statements that led some believe Zenimax titles would be timed-exclusive only.

GP on everything is their endgame but I'd like them to be more clear about how they want to achieve it. This interview makes it sound like they don't care about Xbox hardware at all but I don't think that's the case. Not sure if GP would be such a huge money-maker on its own even if it were available on all platforms. And they made new Zenimax games exclusive to Xbox, PC & Game Pass instead of taking a step towards becoming 3rd party.

GP on PS & Nintendo would likely kill Xbox hardware, even if it was a streaming service only. Unless playing CoD etc on those consoles was only possible by streaming with GP but I doubt it will happen.

is it just me or is bing rewards getting worse like every week? I just noticed they stop giving out points for edge searches.

Around the Network

Whaaaaaaaa???? Maybe it’s for new trailers

KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

It is kind a mixed messaging and this guy also made statements that led some believe Zenimax titles would be timed-exclusive only.

GP on everything is their endgame but I'd like them to be more clear about how they want to achieve it. This interview makes it sound like they don't care about Xbox hardware at all but I don't think that's the case. Not sure if GP would be such a huge money-maker on its own even if it were available on all platforms. And they made new Zenimax games exclusive to Xbox, PC & Game Pass instead of taking a step towards becoming 3rd party.

GP on PS & Nintendo would likely kill Xbox hardware, even if it was a streaming service only. Unless playing CoD etc on those consoles was only possible by streaming with GP but I doubt it will happen.

Why would MS be clearer on how they are going to achieve their goal.  I believe one of the biggest issues with most gamers is that you constantly just ignore what is right in front of your face.  The Xbox console stop being a focal point for MS ever since Phil took over.  Once he made first party development work on PC and console at the same time, he already decided what is more important for MS gaming division, next was GP.  GP has and will be the most important product for MS gaming.  It's the reason they bought Bethesda and ABK and it will be the reason they make any moves in the future.  Everything revolves around GP and since GP inception MS has not been coy about their direction.  You all should be thinking of the Xbox console like MS other hardware.  They are minor extension of MS business but not their main products.  GP is MS main product; it aligns perfectly with MS as a business since MS is a service provider and software company way more than a hardware provider.

As far as when MS make their move to fully become 3rd party, that might not actually ever happen.  What will happen is that MS will do whatever they can to expand GP to every platform as long as the margins is in line with their business goals.  MS will continue to make Xbox hardware just like they continue to make all their other hardware, because it keeps people within their eco system and services but the goal will always to extend GP to all gaming platforms.

Machiavellian said:

Why would MS be clearer on how they are going to achieve their goal.  I believe one of the biggest issues with most gamers is that you constantly just ignore what is right in front of your face.  The Xbox console stop being a focal point for MS ever since Phil took over.  Once he made first party development work on PC and console at the same time, he already decided what is more important for MS gaming division, next was GP.  GP has and will be the most important product for MS gaming.  It's the reason they bought Bethesda and ABK and it will be the reason they make any moves in the future.  Everything revolves around GP and since GP inception MS has not been coy about their direction.  You all should be thinking of the Xbox console like MS other hardware.  They are minor extension of MS business but not their main products.  GP is MS main product; it aligns perfectly with MS as a business since MS is a service provider and software company way more than a hardware provider.

As far as when MS make their move to fully become 3rd party, that might not actually ever happen.  What will happen is that MS will do whatever they can to expand GP to every platform as long as the margins is in line with their business goals.  MS will continue to make Xbox hardware just like they continue to make all their other hardware, because it keeps people within their eco system and services but the goal will always to extend GP to all gaming platforms.

Their messaging should be clearer because these kind of statements will further hurt console sales. Consumers might not want to invest in their hardware or even ecosystem if they feel Xbox consoles might be dropped. And since we don't know if Sony will even allow GP on PlayStation (why would they?) this statement is completely pointless.

No need to state the obvious about Microsoft's strategy since I don't believe they want to drop their own hardware or go 3rd party. I simply took an issue with this statement & mixed messaging.