By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 12 52.17%

No 8 34.78%

Still need convincing (sp... 3 13.04%

Total:23

Once again, I must reiterate how much I'm loving Sea of Stars! This game is very "rich" in many ways, which is rare when it comes to indie games.

Around the Network

Finished Fallout 3 and its DLCs yesterday, really nostalgic replay. It’s crazy to think Fallout 5 is 10-15yrs away at this point they should give the IP to another dev, I can think of one :P

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 21 November 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

The "net sentiment shift from negative to neutral" made me chuckle a little, I hope today it is "neutral to positive". This would be 30m as of January 2023. Also Pierre became new boss of 343 in September 2022.

As for the unannounced internal project, I'd not be surprised if it was killed in the layoffs but we'll see, it could be Tatanka but I wonder if they'd call that an "internal" project, maybe? Since technically 343i typically does lead the external projects (Halo Wars 2 for example, 343i lead writer, 343i art director) so it could probably be called an internal project since they aren't entirely hands off.

Don't think it's a full blown AAA project developed entirely be 343, not after the layoffs, I doubt they'd have the manpower, they are probably all hands on with Halo Infinite for the most part.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 November 2023

Playing a bit of SpiritTea and I think any fan of Stardew Valley will enjoy this one. I am not sure if it is for me, Don't like the clock in those type of games.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

I think some difficult talks are gonna be had Xbox soon, looking to be the second worst Xbox gen and at this point, probably the last,

I'm not sure what it's like in the rest of Europe, but here in Germany, most of my friends that game, do so on PC. If they buy a console, it's usually a PS, because they know they're gonna be able to get Xbox games on their PC regardless, and won't have to wait. It doesn't really make sense to look into buying an Xbox if you've got a good gaming rig. On the other hand, if you wanna play God of War, or Spiderman and not wait for a year or two at least, you go buy a PS. 

But MS knows this. It's their own choice to devalue the console in favor of the larger ecosystem, so it's not exactly like they can act surprised when the console sales suffer.

Can't wait to see Arks' performance.

VersusEvil said:

Finished Fallout 3 and its DLCs yesterday, really nostalgic replay. It’s crazy to think Fallout 5 is 10-15yrs away at this point they should give the IP to another dev, I can think of one :P

I really doubt that will become reality. I think MS is going to try to speed up output from Bethesda by growing them. Starfield has been a huge hit anf Skyrim keeps selling. No reason MS shouldn't double Bethesda's size and be able to make two AAA games at once.

I fully expect to not see any new Starfield game for 10+ years, however.

Ryuu96 said:

Can't wait to see Arks' performance.

Performance in sales right?

This should be a good read. I think a lot of people are going to be caught off guard of how good Ara will be!