By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Since MS has not gotten much love, do you think we may see them focus certain developers on making their version of certain types of games?

I'd be shocked if there isn't talks of developing:

-Smas Bros type game.
-Mariokart type game.
-Zelda/Horizons type game.
-2d family friendly, funny, silly game like 2d Mario.
-Some AAA cozy sim game, like Animal Crossing.

They have TONS of M rated shooter or first person action adventure games. They need more family-friendly content.

Around the Network

Dulfite said:

Since MS has not gotten much love, do you think we may see them focus certain developers on making their version of certain types of games?

-Smas Bros type game.
-Mariokart type game.

They have TONS of M rated shooter or first person action adventure games. They need more family-friendly content.

Eh, I don't want Xbox to just copy the types of games Sony or Nintendo make. The occasional similar type game sure, but Xbox is pretty spread out when it comes to the types of games they make. 

Just this gen alone, they've had:

Pentiment (Graphic Adventure RPG)
Grounded (Survival)
Age of Empires (Real-Time Strategy)
As Dusk Falls (Visual Novel)
MS Flight Simulator (Flight Simulation)
Psychonauts 2 (3D Platformer)
Hi-Fi Rush (Rhythm Action)
Combo the racing genre of Arcade racing with Forza Horizon 5 and Racing Sim with Forza Motorsport

I do agree that Xbox needs more family-friendly content, but as far as types of games though, Xbox has never been in a more creatively diverse state. And that's without mentioning the M rated shooters or first person action adventure games you mentioned. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Happy 22nd Birthday to Xbox and Happy 20K posts Xbox Empire!

Spade said:
DroidKnight said:

Bit the 30 dollar dik on this one and bought it to support it on xbox. No idea when I'll get around to it.. Hate story dlc for games I beat years ago. Gotta relearn the whole game again.

Playing this right now.

Around the Network

Hmm, shadow drop?

Dulfite said:

-Smas Bros type game.
-Mariokart type game.

Tell them what to make? Nah, that isn't how Phil operates or what he promised the studios when he acquired them, I'm also strongly against it, developers should be allowed to make what they want to make, doing otherwise causes resentment and departures, a lack of passion in a project as well.

Having said that, I'm sure they could find a developer who wants to work on these things...Toys for Bob Studio Head for example said he would like to see Banjo revived one day, that isn't him saying he wants to make it but...I don't think he'd turn it down.

Imo a Mario Kart like game would be cool with all the IPs that Xbox has now, I would simply revive Crash Team Racing and stick lots of Xbox characters in it, fairly simple and I'm sure Beenox would like to work on that. Don't really think a Smash Bros copy would do well but Idk.

I've a feeling that Everwild will be a spiritual successor to Viva Pinata in many ways.

gtotheunit91 said:
Dulfite said:

-Smas Bros type game.
-Mariokart type game.

Eh, I don't want Xbox to just copy the types of games Sony or Nintendo make. The occasional similar type game sure, but Xbox is pretty spread out when it comes to the types of games they make. 

Just this gen alone, they've had:

Pentiment (Graphic Adventure RPG)
Grounded (Survival)
Age of Empires (Real-Time Strategy)
As Dusk Falls (Visual Novel)
MS Flight Simulator (Flight Simulation)
Psychonauts 2 (3D Platformer)
Hi-Fi Rush (Rhythm Action)
Combo the racing genre of Arcade racing with Forza Horizon 5 and Racing Sim with Forza Motorsport

I do agree that Xbox needs more family-friendly content, but as far as types of games though, Xbox has never been in a more creatively diverse state. And that's without mentioning the M rated shooters or first person action adventure games you mentioned. 

Yeah, they need more family-friendly, JRGPs and Fighters but I think overall Xbox is one of the most diverse publishers in the industry in terms of genre variety.

coolbeans said:

Even after one of the genre's best years (especially w/ late console ports), TGA's continual disregard for a Best Puzzle Game category never ceases to amaze. Unless you can sneak it in as a hybrid for a 'Best Platformer,' good luck being credited on your GAME DESIGN. Fuck them, the horse they rode in on, and the cavalry behind them.

Since I'm not tired of TGA rants (yet): "Games for Impact" is basically a DEI-corpo award.  "For a thought-provoking game with a pro-social meaning or message."  What does this even mean in the context of what's supposed to be a meritocratic awards show?  Is it about being the most thought-provoking of the bunch, having the "best" message, or executing on pro-social ideas in mechanically satisfying ways?  The nominees typically come down to what are the most popular indie games that are wearing environmentalist, diversity, and/or depression themes on their sleeves that year.

I know this post is more political in nature (I could say more too), but everything about that award category feels so fake.  It oftentimes reads as a "Best Emo-Indie Narrative of the Year" without directly stating it.  If the judges truly believe in a winsome character-driven love story or a short environmentalist fable being among the year's best, then they should nut up and give it a Best Narrative nomination.

Let’s get the 20k comment to the most liked comment in Empires history.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9481685

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition