By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Grubb saying Mass Effect is not releasing until 2028-2029.

Fuck me, I hope I'm still alive for some of these sequels to videogames, Lmao.

Hopefully Suella hasn’t taken your tent by then. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Grubb saying Mass Effect is not releasing until 2028-2029.

Fuck me, I hope I'm still alive for some of these sequels to videogames, Lmao.

I've been saying it was that far away for awhile now, it's only common sense. We know that Mass Effect 5 has only been in pre-production this whole time since it was announced in 2020, 3 years ago, Bioware themselves confirmed that it is only pre-production still (they only announced it when they did to assure fans that it wasn't a dead franchise, it had literally just began preproduction when they announced it in 2020, it is the exact same thing Bethesda did when they announced TES 6 in 2018). They lack the staff for it to begin full development before Dragon Age 4 releases (especially after they laid off 50 devs a few months ago), and since Dragon Age 4 is rumored for late 2024-early 2025, Mass Effect 5 won't enter full development until 2025. The average AAA takes 4 years to develop these days, and Mass Effect 5 will surely be a pretty big RPG with at least 50 hours of content (first 3 games had about 50 hours while Andromeda had about 90), so we could even be looking at 5 years of full development imo, 2030 release. And that is if development goes smoothly, if they have issues that cause partial reboots like has happened with Dragon Age 4, we could be looking at more than 5 years of full development, Dragon Age 4 will release with 6 years of full development on the Morrison build of the game, 2018-2024. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 November 2023

• Recently spent time at The Coalition ("Gears of War team") and id Software to see project progress at these studios
• Recognises Gears of War as a franchise has horror elements to it, series is about brotherhood
• "Doom is rooted in mechanics and gameplay, purest sort of expression of that kind of a shooter"
• It's important to Matt that all these studios connect to each other
• One of the main goals for all Xbox Studios is to create a diverse games line-up, from small games like Pentiment to big AAA such as Starfield, and everything in-between, not just focusing on some selected genres.
• "Creativity [at Xbox Studios] shouldn't just be a possibility, it should be an inevitability."
• "We have schedules and budgets and all these things, but ultimately it's about pursue the craft of our studios and make sure that other stuff doesn't stand in the way."
• Talks about first-party games schedule and name drops Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Ara, Towerborne and Hellblade II in that order
• On-track for "four big games [by first-party]" per year, plus other things in-between
• The project a studio tackles next isn't about "what we need" but "what the studio is passionate about"

"Recognises Gears of War as a franchise has horror elements to it" HYPE!

"One of the main goals for all Xbox Studios is to create a diverse games line-up, from small games like Pentiment to big AAA such as Starfield, and everything in-between, not just focusing on some selected genres." Underappreciated statement! 

Around the Network

Episode 32 - Matt Booty's Boggling Domain - YouTube

Episode 31 - Getting a Rise with Brian Fargo - YouTube

Episode 20 - The Fine Fine Adventures of Tim Schafer - YouTube

gtotheunit91 said:

"Recognises Gears of War as a franchise has horror elements to it" HYPE!

"One of the main goals for all Xbox Studios is to create a diverse games line-up, from small games like Pentiment to big AAA such as Starfield, and everything in-between, not just focusing on some selected genres." Underappreciated statement! 

If only 343 would do the same with Halo. The Flood were terrifying in Halo CE. At least in your first playthrough. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.