By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

So happy this acquisition finally closed, it was such a long road to get here. Looking forward to playing some of the CoD campaigns I missed once they start hitting Gamepass, as well as a few other Activision-Blizzard games.

While I doubt Xbox will make a move on any further acquisitions for awhile to avoid ruffling feathers so soon after an acquisition this difficult, these are my most wanted acquisition targets now:

-Sega: Not only are they perfect for Xbox with both western PC and JP games, which Xbox themselves determined (leaked out in the court docs), but they could really use the bailout in the wake of the Hyenas cancellation causing a record loss quarter for them

-Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal: Acquired from Embracer Group in the wake of their recent financial woes due to Suadi Arabia backing out of a needed investment deal with them.

-CD Projekt and/or Larian: To continue Xbox's WRPG domination, and save them from possible acquisition by Sony to compete in the WRPG space

-A good independent JP studio such as Platinum, CyberConnect2, or Level-5: Xbox always needs mire JP studios

-Any of the remaining good independent AAA western studios aside from the aforementioned CDP and Larian (such as Techland, IO Interactive, or Crytek): More AAA studios can only help improve Gamepass

lol wow XD this thinking is weird to me - why would you want PS players to have no significant WRPG's. I mean shouldn't we be rooting for non-exclusivity?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Ubisoft can do the most hilarious thing right now and I hope they do just to show how stupid the CMA was.

Don't give anyone the Cloud rights to ABK titles, keep them for yourselves, exclusive to Ubisoft+ only.

gtotheunit91 said:

Wonder if a French company has ever been happier about UK intervention 

Ryuu96 said:

Ubisoft can do the most hilarious thing right now and I hope they do just to show how stupid the CMA was.

Don't give anyone the Cloud rights to ABK titles, keep them for yourselves, exclusive to Ubisoft+ only.

Then the FTC and CMA start crying foul over Ubisoft's monopoly in the cloud gaming space

Around the Network
Angelus said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Wonder if a French company has ever been happier about UK intervention 

This is fucking hilarious too.

EU is probably annoyed about CMA's proposals but at the same time thinking "huh, a French company, alright then, we'll take it"

"Can" but we won't!

Even the wording allows for the possibility.

Lmao. It's funny to think about but I don't think Ubisoft will do it as long as people are paying good money but damn it would be actually hilarious and I wouldn't even be mad, it would be smart of Ubisoft to take advantage of CMA's stupidity.

Shinobi-san said:
shikamaru317 said:

So happy this acquisition finally closed, it was such a long road to get here. Looking forward to playing some of the CoD campaigns I missed once they start hitting Gamepass, as well as a few other Activision-Blizzard games.

While I doubt Xbox will make a move on any further acquisitions for awhile to avoid ruffling feathers so soon after an acquisition this difficult, these are my most wanted acquisition targets now:

-Sega: Not only are they perfect for Xbox with both western PC and JP games, which Xbox themselves determined (leaked out in the court docs), but they could really use the bailout in the wake of the Hyenas cancellation causing a record loss quarter for them

-Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal: Acquired from Embracer Group in the wake of their recent financial woes due to Suadi Arabia backing out of a needed investment deal with them.

-CD Projekt and/or Larian: To continue Xbox's WRPG domination, and save them from possible acquisition by Sony to compete in the WRPG space

-A good independent JP studio such as Platinum, CyberConnect2, or Level-5: Xbox always needs mire JP studios

-Any of the remaining good independent AAA western studios aside from the aforementioned CDP and Larian (such as Techland, IO Interactive, or Crytek): More AAA studios can only help improve Gamepass

lol wow XD this thinking is weird to me - why would you want PS players to have no significant WRPG's. I mean shouldn't we be rooting for non-exclusivity?

It's not that I don't want them to have WRPG's to compete, I just rather they try and build new studios from the ground up for WRPG's, or build a 2nd WRPG team at Guerilla to go alongside Horizon. If Sony were to get Larian or CD Projekt, their games would for sure go PS exclusive (maybe Larian woukd negotiate to stay multiplat during the acquisition talks like Bungie did, but it's not a sure thing). So me wanting Xbox to acquire them is more so about wanting even more good RPG's to play on Gamepass (my favorite game genre by far) and wanting to keep them on Xbox full stop, than it is about not wanting Sony fans to get to play them. Would be more than happy with Xbox acquiring them to get them on Gamepass but keeping them multiplat so Sony fans can still play their fantastic games.

Ryuu96 said:

"Can" but we won't!

Even the wording allows for the possibility.

Lmao. It's funny to think about but I don't think Ubisoft will do it as long as people are paying good money but damn it would be actually hilarious and I wouldn't even be mad, it would be smart of Ubisoft to take advantage of CMA's stupidity.

If I was Ubisoft, I'd keep it to myself for a period of time once they start streaming these games. See how it bolsters their own service in terms of numbers, and then if then decide if it makes sense to keep that shit to myself or start licensing it out to everyone else

I wonder who will replace Bobby? I know early on they mentioned reporting to Phil, but I have to imagine this was only until they find someone to replace Bobby.