By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:
shikamaru317 said:

They said it would come sometime this year, though it certainly could end up delayed. I think best case scenario is a November release, with December being the most likely release month at this point.

Late November would be great, I’m 80hrs into this playthrough of CP77 and still have the DLC/base 100% to finish so it’ll take me up to AW2 easily. AW2 will take awhile to finish too so late November would be perfect. 

Yeah, I have Yakuza games keeping me busy right now so I can manage until a November or December release, I just hope it doesn't get pushed back into 2024 again like it was before Xbox dropped the Series S splitscreen requirement. 

Around the Network

Taiwan FTC has approved the deal.

UK won't be today.

Yooooo this update looks fucking sick!

Firefight King of the Hill coming in Season 5 as well (not at launch but soon).

The first-look trailer for Season 5 of Halo Infinite is here, showcasing some of the new content that will arrive on October 17 when the season launches—and beyond.

New maps, new modes, new rewards, new customization... we’re just getting started.

• Infect your Spartan and weapons with all-new Flood customization items.
  • Venture into crystal caves (watch out for those blamite crystals!) and ancient, mysterious stone ruins on two new Arena maps—Prism and Forbidden.
  • Create your own PvE experiences with the new Forge AI toolkit, and stay tuned for the arrival of Firefight King of the Hill in matchmaking.
  • Level up your customization game by equipping any helmet across all Armor Cores.
  • Complete your Career Rank journey and obtain the rank of Hero to unlock the Infinite Mark VI Armor Kit.
  • Halo 4’s Extraction mode returns, reimagined for Halo Infinite.
  • Earn XP to advance your Battle Pass in Custom Games.

Keep it locked here on Halo Waypoint in the lead-up to launch as we dive into the depths of what Season 5 has to offer—from updates to Forge and the Ranked experience, to the Battle Pass and customization, and much more!

And be sure to tune into the 2023 Halo World Championship from October 13-15, where we’ll be doing a deeper dive into Season 5: Reckoning on the Community Stage.

Reckoning Trailer | Season 5 | Halo - Official Site

343 Cooking!

Around the Network

Halo Infinite Season 5: Reckoning - New Maps, Battle Pass, and Extraction Mode Explained - YouTube

• Battle Pass is now 50 tiers instead of 100 to focus on quality rather than quantity.
  • First 20 tiers is free stuff.
  • Coatings and emblems have been bundled together so they can be used immediately on all customisable items.
  • In the Battle Pass, players can earn 1,000 Halo credits which is a way to earn back the cost.
  • Various UI updates.

The Bandit Evo might be better than the DMR ever was

The semi-automatic DMR rifle made its debut in Halo: Reach and was arguably the final evolution of the one-shot-at-a-time precision of the overpowered M6D in Halo: Combat Evolved. It worked well enough in Reach, but when it joined the Battle Rifle in Halo 4 (along with the now-retired Light Rifle), it sort of felt like there were three guns competing to do the same thing.

Enter the Bandit Evo with season five of Halo Infinite. On paper it’s rather simple: It’s a Bandit (a semi-automatic medium-range DMR) with a reflex scope as opposed to the ACOG-style featured in Reach, 4, and 5.

With just a reflex scope, the Bandit gets the range it deserves, while not stepping on the Battle Rifle’s domain. In my experience it finds a nice middle position between the Sidekick and the Battle Rifle. I predict this weapon will work out very well in Big Team Battle, but its shorter range means that it presents some great utility for standard 4v4 action. To me it feels like a more appropriate version of Halo CE’s pistol.

The Pinpoint Needler

“Prism” also features the Pinpoint Needler as a power weapon. If you’ve played Infinite’s campaign, you’ll remember it as the reward for taking out one of the High Value Targets. It’s a far more lethal variant of the Needler, feels perfectly at home on a Needler-themed map, and helps shake things up a bit from the usual “go get the rockets/sniper” pattern of most maps and power weapons.

Halo Infinite’s Season Five Maps Are Awesome

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 October 2023

Season 5 looks great! Somewhat disappointed in not seeing a new weapon or armor ability, but everything else looks so good! Flood customization is such a great surprise!