By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well after 420+hrs I encountered my 2nd bug I’ve ever had in CP77 which disabled the police star system (go big or go home huh). Found one fix that works if anybody else has that problem … kill trauma team (gives you immediate 2 stars) and it’ll reset it. Apart from the blip and general FPS drops in Dogtown, Phantom Liberty is great. CDPR do writing and characters better than any other studio out there and this is no exception, Idris kills it. 2.0 changes to cyberware are amazing, going cyberpsycho is wild.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

FM with a 84 meta, yikes, another flop. Next year will be Xbox’ year I'm sure.

VersusEvil said:

Expected, fans were complaining about the amount of content for a long time, after being +5 years in the making it got delayed and still is light in content.

Good news content is coming soon tho

Ryuu96 said:

The amount of content Infinite has now is crazy, all those maps, Lol.

They went from an occasional map to MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS.

Forge really is the best.

And they're good maps with nice visuals as well!

I still think the new Forza's biggest problem is the restrictive ass CARPG shit. The whole idea of leveling and growing with your car might sound fun for the first go around or whatever, but nobody wants to put hours and hours into every single fucking car before they're able to mod and tune it to their desired spec. That's gonna get annoying insanely quick, and I'm honestly baffled as to how they thought this was a good idea for a game aimed at racing/car enthusiasts.

Being lite on content at launch...ok, it's not great, obviously, but you can get over it. The CARPG shit is a fundamental design flaw that needs to be patched out ASAP, but that probably means overhauling your entire in-game economy, considering that car parts are bought with these points you earn driving any given car, instead of some regular currency or whatever. Honestly, I just don't understand how during the process of developing and testing the game, nobody stepped forward and said..."guys...this is insanely restrictive, and people aren't going to like it."

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Lower than I expected but still good scores, a lot of the 8s are filled with praise but still an 8. There's only one negative review (5.5) which is dragging the score down a whole point and it sounds like the dude who reviewed that just wanted Forza Horizon, one of his criticisms is that he has Deja Vu from the tracks (Wtf?)

Had a skim through a bunch of reviews and looked at the pros and cons and basically it can be summed up as...

There's a lot of praise for the multiplayer, graphics and performance (on Xbox Series X). There are a lot of customisation options for the cars. The simulations and physics are practically universally praised along with the dynamic weather and time of day. The main criticisms are that it's grindy, the campaign is bland, the AI is still poor and it's unoptimized for PC. There are a few reviews who say the game is grindy but also say the progression system is good.

There's actually not much criticism at all for the amount of content...From my quick skim I saw more praise than criticism for the content, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 October 2023

Angelus said:

I still think the new Forza's biggest problem is the restrictive ass CARPG shit. The whole idea of leveling and growing with your car might sound fun for the first go around or whatever, but nobody wants to put hours and hours into every single fucking car before they're able to mod and tune it to their desired spec. That's gonna get annoying insanely quick, and I'm honestly baffled as to how they thought this was a good idea for a game aimed at racing/car enthusiasts.

Being lite on content at launch...ok, it's not great, obviously, but you can get over it. The CARPG shit is a fundamental design flaw that needs to be patched out ASAP, but that probably means overhauling your entire in-game economy, considering that car parts are bought with these points you earn driving any given car, instead of some regular currency or whatever. Honestly, I just don't understand how during the process of developing and testing the game, nobody stepped forward and said..."guys...this is insanely restrictive, and people aren't going to like it."

There's actually a few reviews who in the same review praise the progression system but say it's too grindy.

So they probably don't need to rip it out completely, just make it a lot more generous.

Sounds like FM was designed to be a GaaS type game. DW not Japan FH6 is coming next year so we got that to look forward too.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 04 October 2023

Skimming through the Pros/Cons (for English sites only because I can't be arsed to translate).

Pros

• Graphics & Presentation +14
  • Simulation, Physics and Driving +13
  • Progression System +7
  • Customisation Overall +6
  • Customisation to Cars +5
  • Content +3
  • Performance on Xbox +3
  • Multiplayer +2

Cons

• Grindy -7
  • PC Optimisation -5
  • AI -4
  • Loading Screens -2
  • Always Online -2
  • Bland Career Mode -1
  • Content -2

Content is barely mentioned as an issue, Lol. It's largely "looks beautiful, feels amazing, enjoyable progression system, lots of customisation to the cars, but can feel very grindy, the AI is bad, the single-player is boring, PC is unoptimized and it's full with loading screens"

Kind of funny but Opencritic just accidentally added an 8/100

The actual score is 88, someone forgot to press the extra 8.