By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ice said:

dudeee it finally happened, after 5 years and tons of DLC/updates later I went back and completed the original set.

Pirate Legend Ice! Captain of the Iceberg!

Damn...You'd only be 5 achievements away from a complete 100% if not for those discontinued Arena achievements...They should really replace those achievements with something else, I swear another game did that before where it had achievements which weren't possible anymore so they updated the achievement to a "original requirement or..." and added a new way to earn them.

Hope you'll be proud of me when I pop more achievements in Private Servers.

Around the Network

EpicRandy said:
Machiavellian said:

I am going to pretty much say that MS will do nothing with Blizzard in the short term so I doubt anything will change with Diablo 4 until Blizzard decides to make those changes.  I enjoyed Diablo but then I have to say, I am not into the whole endless end game grind.  After playing Season one, I was done but its no different for me with any game like this.  From Destiny to Path of Exile, I can only stay interested in pretty much doing the same thing over and over but for so long before I want to move on.  I might come back after a year or 2 when its fresh for me but than again probably not.

In the short term, I don't believe MS will get directly involved either however a change in context is still very likely, under ABK the focus is max profits on every title, under MS it is player base growth and player retention. This may provide an easier path for Blizzard to listen to feedback and implement popular features and improvements.

True, I do believe that MS will make that change for all studios including ABK where they have a focus on player engagement not going for squeezing the most money from the player.  This is a balance act which is hard to get right because a product does need to make and sustain a certain level of profit in order to keep large staff getting paid and also keep corporate big heads out of the way.  It will be interesting if we see a real change after MS merger in the immediate term.  I know that Phil probably do not want to mess with the money but he may be open for more player incentive goals a team may have that isn't pushing profits the most.

Anybody know any safari (iPhone) adblock extensions that actually work??

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

I use Wipr. Only $2. I don't recall the last ad I ever saw on Safari lol

Wipr on the App Store (apple.com)

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I think they will give Bobby a standard 1 year contract that happens when a lot of companies get bought out, to transition everything.  They may terminate him before the year is up, but they will just send him home and buy out the year at some point.

Yeah, I don't expect an immediate termination, they'll be a transitional period which they'll need him for to help integrate Activision-Blizzard into Microsoft but I don't expect him to stick around long term. In a recent interview he made note that his current contract is only until April 2024 and then said it was up to Microsoft whether they needed him or not.

If he's released early then Microsoft will likely have to give him a larger pay-out so even if Activision-Blizzard is quickly integrated, they'll probably let him twiddle his thumbs at his desk until April 2024 and then can him. I don't believe the integration would take longer than 6 months. So keeping his current contract works out almost perfectly in my mind.

There is not going to be any termination because how you guys see Bobby is not how corporate companies like MS see Bobby.  The only way Bobby is going anywhere is if he decides its his time to retire.  I think you guys corporate experience is based on metrics that has Absolut Ly nothing to do with how the market works or how a CEO is viewed.  Activision has been able to maintain their level of success for a long time and even if you may have negative views on Bobby in general, the fact that he has navigated this success for a long time means that he had to make some decisions that not only kept the lights on but also kept ABK as one of the leading publishers in the business.

None of us even know the deal between MS and ABK nor how ABK will be structured when they become a part of MS.  The only reason why I believe Bobby will retire is because this is a huge payday for him since he owns as a personal employee the most stock in the company.  This is a retirement deal and thus he will move on but termination from MS is definitely not what is going to happen.  Bobby will leave when he wants to leave and if he wants to stay he would have already negotiated that within the sale.  This fantasy that Phil is going to terminate Bobby is pure fiction, all of this has already been decided between the 2 companies.  The only way this deal happens is because of Bobby and the only way this deal goes down and how ABK will be structured under MS is based on Bobby as well.  Lets not kid ourselves and believe that Bobby is just going to be sitting there not knowing how everything that happens transpire from after the sale.  All of this has already been determined.

Ryuu96 said:

Damn, that is a pretty great car list, only a small handful of cars I wanted to see missing. Less that are missing from my personal wanted list even than Forza Motorsport 7 I believe, even though Motorsport 7 had 700+ cars on launch and this Forza Motorsport reboot only 500+.

Seems like the main cut they made to FM7's car list were pretty much the entirety of the truck and SUV categories. Guessing those were cut for time because at one point it leaked that Turn 10 were planning trucks/SUV's and dirt and mixed surface tracks for Forza Motorsport reboot, guessing both Trucks/SUV's and some dirt and mixed surface tracks will be added in post-launch. Though it is also possible that they plan to leave those entirely to Forza Horizon moving forward. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 03 October 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
VersusEvil said:

I use Wipr. Only $2. I don't recall the last ad I ever saw on Safari lol

Wipr on the App Store (apple.com)

Works perfect thanks boo. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, I don't expect an immediate termination, they'll be a transitional period which they'll need him for to help integrate Activision-Blizzard into Microsoft but I don't expect him to stick around long term. In a recent interview he made note that his current contract is only until April 2024 and then said it was up to Microsoft whether they needed him or not.

If he's released early then Microsoft will likely have to give him a larger pay-out so even if Activision-Blizzard is quickly integrated, they'll probably let him twiddle his thumbs at his desk until April 2024 and then can him. I don't believe the integration would take longer than 6 months. So keeping his current contract works out almost perfectly in my mind.

There is not going to be any termination because how you guys see Bobby is not how corporate companies like MS see Bobby.  The only way Bobby is going anywhere is if he decides its his time to retire.  I think you guys corporate experience is based on metrics that has Absolut Ly nothing to do with how the market works or how a CEO is viewed.  Activision has been able to maintain their level of success for a long time and even if you may have negative views on Bobby in general, the fact that he has navigated this success for a long time means that he had to make some decisions that not only kept the lights on but also kept ABK as one of the leading publishers in the business.

None of us even know the deal between MS and ABK nor how ABK will be structured when they become a part of MS.  The only reason why I believe Bobby will retire is because this is a huge payday for him since he owns as a personal employee the most stock in the company.  This is a retirement deal and thus he will move on but termination from MS is definitely not what is going to happen.  Bobby will leave when he wants to leave and if he wants to stay he would have already negotiated that within the sale.  This fantasy that Phil is going to terminate Bobby is pure fiction, all of this has already been decided between the 2 companies.  The only way this deal happens is because of Bobby and the only way this deal goes down and how ABK will be structured under MS is based on Bobby as well.  Lets not kid ourselves and believe that Bobby is just going to be sitting there not knowing how everything that happens transpire from after the sale.  All of this has already been determined.

I just said that they'll likely wait until his contract expires in April 2024 because it will be less costly than terminating him, Lol.

The reason I think he will be leaving is multiple.

1. I don't believe someone like Bobby who has been his own boss for so many years now, will actually like suddenly not being the boss and having to answer to someone else, that is Phil Spencer now, Bobby no longer will be making the decisions, Phil will. It's like Phil said when someone asked him about Bobby's dislike of Game Pass and his belief that titles shouldn't launch into it, Phil's response was simply Bobby isn't making the decisions anymore, I am. I think Bobby is the sort of arrogant, self centred twat who will hate having to answer to someone else and lose his power because that is what is happening here, once the acquisition closes, Bobby will lose power.
  2. He's going to make hundreds of millions from this deal, he can comfortably retire for the rest of his life. Remember it was Activision-Blizzard (Bobby Kotick himself) who sought out an acquisition after the mess that happened. I'm fairly confident that Bobby just wants to wash his hands of the whole thing now and semi-retire, he is 60 years old.
  3. The CEO position is null and void once the acquisition closes, there is no CEO, that role will be dissolved, just like it was dissolved in Zenimax, just like it was dissolved in all their other acquisitions. The only CEOs in Microsoft are Satya Nadella (Microsoft), Phil Spencer (Microsoft Gaming) and Ryan Roslansky (Linkedin CEO) and that's cause Linkedin is limited integration into Microsoft but Activision-Blizzard will be under Microsoft Gaming. Therefore even more degradation of Bobby's power.
  4. You tell me what sense it makes in having Rob Kostich (President of Activision) and Mike Ybarra (President of Blizzard) report to Bobby Kotick who reports to Phil Spencer who now makes all of the decisions for Activision-Blizzard instead of just having Rob Kostich and Mike Ybarra report directly to Phil. Bobby becomes nothing more than an overpaid middle-man. Bobby Kotick only needs to stay for the transition and then he can go, unless you believe that Rob Kostich and Mike Ybarra who have been running Activision and Blizzard now for years, can't run Activision and Blizzard, then we have bigger problems.
  5. Bobby Kotick isn't the dude managing the day to day operations, Kostich and Ybarra are. Bobby is just the dude making the business decisions but the business decisions under Xbox are going to be vastly different now because of Game Pass, something which Bobby doesn't agree with. Bobby's direction of business will NOT align with Xbox's direction of business. That doesn't mean one is wrong, it just means they have two different directions.
  6. Bobby is a walking PR disaster waiting to happen.
  7. We have multiple reputable journalists who say Bobby will leave post-acquisition closure, I'm not talking random gaming journalists or some dudes on 4Chan but actual reputable business organisations who are very clued into the stock market and have very strong business related sources. I can't remember which it was but I think it was Bloomberg who said Bobby is leaving.

We do know the deal, Activision-Blizzard is coming under Microsoft Gaming and will report directly to Phil Spencer...We've already been told that.

We both agree that he is leaving and I didn't say Microsoft will terminate him early, I said they'll likely wait for his contract to expire, I don't believe it was a coincidence that he specifically pointed out that his contract only lasts until April 2024 and he will stay as long as Microsoft needs him for the transitional process.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 October 2023

There was also a rumour that Microsoft backed out of acquiring Gearbox because of Randy Pitchford, Lmao.

Pretty obvious that Bobby is leaving, otherwise he would not phrase it as "I've committed to MS for as long or as little as they need me to help with the integration." and would instead say "I've committed to MS for as long or as little as they need me" He is clearly saying here that he only plans on sticking around for the integration.

And maybe he wants to go, but I also think Microsoft wouldn't want to renew his contract anyway.