By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Hey guys I'm back!

Actually I was never gone. I had a weird website glitch for days where I couldn't load any sub-page on this site while being signed in.

Didn't matter what browser I used (tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome) or even what device (tried PC and mobile).

So for the past days I only managed to read while not being signed in and therefore couldn't post anything. Tried signing in today and it worked!

I watched the TGS showcase and it was meh indeed.
Octopath Traveler 2 being ported to Xbox is decent but I'm more excited for Ishin coming to Game Pass and especially for The Man Who Erased His Name being a day one Game Pass addition.

VersusEvil said:

“Save often and in multiple slots”

Oh I did, I have like 30 saves, one every few hours. The problem is that by the time I looked up what might have caused the issue that was preventing me from boarding The Den, like 30+ hours had passed since the event that actually caused the boarding bug. So instead of replaying 30 hours of playtime, I decided to keep playing and hope that I could finish the main story without needing to board the Den, because going into NG+ fixes the boarding bug. Problem is I accidentally started the the Andreja companion quest which takes you to The Den, and I can't start this next main story quest until completing my current companion quest, so I'm effectively at a dead end. I could reload a save from before I started the Andreja companion quest and then rush the main story to enter NG+, but that has an array of other issues for me including 1. there is like 10+ hours of playtime since I started her quest including hours spent building my Serenity ship and hours of powerleveling, 2. If I rush the main story and enter NG+ to fix the boarding bug, all of my progress on the faction storyline will be lost due to NG+ and I will have to start fresh on all of the factions. It's basically a lose-lose no matter what I do, waiting for a patch seems my best option at this point.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Hey guys I'm back!

Actually I was never gone. I had a weird website glitch for days where I couldn't load any sub-page on this site while being signed in.

Didn't matter what browser I used (tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome) or even what device (tried PC and mobile).

So for the past days I only managed to read while not being signed in and therefore couldn't post anything. Tried signing in today and it worked!

This has happened to me a couple of times already. I noticed it is only one page. Of you edited the link to move to the next or previous page, it will open normally.

My biggest issue with Starfield is most locations on random planets are copy/paste stuff. Heck, even searching for artifacts gets lame once you've visited the same science lab twice on different planets. While the game is impressive in many ways, this is simply lady design :/

I hope they can add more varied stuff on these planets in the future to make exploration more enjoyable. And maybe a hardcore mode where building outposts to fuel your ship is essential if you want to travel to distant systems?

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Barozi said:

Hey guys I'm back!

This has happened to me a couple of times already. I noticed it is only one page. Of you edited the link to move to the next or previous page, it will open normally.

Nah in my case I couldn't load any page on this forum. Only the main page worked.

Last edited by Barozi - on 24 September 2023

Small ask but I wish there was some sort of radio station for music and news in Starfield, I'm just trying to think of how it could work since FTL hasn't been invented in Starfield for travel or communications yet. Something like Fallout's radio stations. Your character having a set of pre-downloaded songs could work but that isn't really a radio station, Lol. The SSNN could only really work in worlds with major settlements.

Ryuu96 said:

Small ask but I wish there was some sort of radio station for music and news in Starfield, I'm just trying to think of how it could work since FTL hasn't been invented in Starfield for travel or communications yet. Something like Fallout's radio stations. Your character having a set of pre-downloaded songs could work but that isn't really a radio station, Lol. The SSNN could only really work in worlds with major settlements.

They definitely have FTL in Starfield, the distances between some of the systems in Light Years are quite big, I know that in order to get the visit all systems achievement you have to build a ship capable of a 27 Light Year jump, which is the longest jump in the game between 2 systems. Your character obviously isn't spending like 108 years one way to travel to a single system (.25 light speed is the fastest you can safely go through conventional propulsion without experiencing significant relativity effects as I recall, and at 0.25 light speed a 27 light year jump becomes 108 years). Even just a jump from Sol to Alpha Centuari, one of the shortest jumps in Starfield, is like 4+ light years, which at 0.25 light speed would be a 12+ year journey one way. 

I don't think they have super fast FTL in Starfield, but they have to have FTL, it's the only way that the map size could work at all. Starfield FTL is likely a lot slower than 24th century Star Trek Warp Drives, as known space by the TNG-VOY era of Trek is like 15,000+ light years across, with the Federation alone being 8,000 light years from one side to the other (meaning that Federation ships realistically need to be able to travel from one side of the Federation to the other in like a few months maximum). I'd say that travel speeds in Starfield are closer to 22nd century Star Trek, NX-01 Enterprise and it's Warp 5 drive. Starfield's map from one corner to the other, Eridani in the bottom left to Bohr in the upper right, is like 130 light years. Even just so called civilized space in Starfield, the area of the map that has major habitated system, from the human colonies in Sol to the vacation planet in the Porima system, is 42 light years across. You're not crossing through Starfield's map multiple times in a few months in-universe without going at least several hundred times the speed of light

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 September 2023