By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's dead bro.

Xbox, Zenimax, Activision-Blizzard Showcase is the new E3.

Around the Network

Lmao.

Angelus said:
VersusEvil said:

If you’re planning on doing NG+ in Starfield don’t even bother upgrading your ship coz it doesn’t carry over.

Why on earth would I not upgrade my ship for 100s of hours just cus it doesn't carry over lol

I still need to fly a ship for all those hours

You’d get attach then just .. cut the cord without a care, monster. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Shaunodon said:

Just to balance out the karma of losing my Captain's Locker I did actually have some ridiculously good fortune; much earlier in my playthrough, probably around ~20 hours in, when I hadn't bothered to equip my companion with a weapon they randomly spawned an Advanced Regulator. At the time I assumed she'd just picked it up from a random body, and because I'm currently on a pistol/marksman build I immediately swapped it for myself. It's only recently roughly 60 hours in that I suddenly realised that weapon was obviously far too powerful for that early in the game when it's still easily one-shotting tougher enemies, and I can't remember even seeing another Regulator spawn since.

Even now with maxed pistol skill the only other pistol over 50 damage is the revolver that uses 2.5mm whitehot rounds at 77 damage, but those rounds are so rare it's not practical to use. Meanwhile the Advanced Regulator does a cool 150 and .43Ultramag rounds are always in decent supply.

I can't quite remember the exact details for how this exploit happened but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want the first half of your playthrough to just be a cakewalk. They only reason I won't stop using it is because it happened so long ago by chance and I didn't think much of it till now, so I'll just assume the Gaming Gods intended it this way.

Same thing happened here, not even sure where I got it from, may have been from my companion, but somewhere around hour 20 I got an advanced Regulator pistol that does over 100 damage per shot before skill boosts. Such a good weapon, I can one-shot all but the most powerful of human and beast enemies with it and I only have a single skill point boosting it's damage, a single point boosting ballistic weapon damage. Between that and the powerful ship I got from my family with the Kid Stuff trait, I haven't struggled with combat barely at all, only died like twice at 46 hours of playtime so far. 

PixelPirate said:

WoodenPints said:

I wouldn't say it's more than expected on the Xbox side but more so less than I expected on the Steam side it's number is basically the same as day one early access launch with zero growth on the release day implying everyone bought the premium edition and practically no one waited for the standard release which seems very odd, Maybe people are still to busy on Baldur's Gate 3 to bother with another multiple hundred hour RPG.

I also find this very weird. Number of players hardly changed since official release on Steam. 

It definitely is odd. I fully expected to see the Steam peak concurrent number over Skyrim's 287k peak and Fallout 4's 472k peak, because Steam's overall userbase has more than doubled since Fallout 4 released and gone more than 9x higher since Skyrim released (Steam had approximately 3m peak concurrent users when Skyrim released and approximately 10m peak concurrent users when Fallout 4 released, now it has seen over 25m peak concurrent users across all games). And yet, Starfield has so far peaked at 269k on Steam, less than Skyrim and far less than Fallout 4. True peak will likely be on the first weekend after the official launch, so this upcoming weekend, but I would be shocked if it does enough even then to top the Fallout 4 record of 472k considering it only managed 269k on it's Tuesday launch. 

It seems like PC Gamepass pulled far more people from Steam than I ever expected it to. With Xbox stating they had over 1m peak concurrent players across all 4 platforms (Xbox Series/Console Gamepass, Cloud, Steam, and Windows Store/PC Gamepass), and a peak of 269k on Steam that day, that means Steam only accounted for approximately 25% of the 1m+ peak concurrent users across all 4 platforms. However, it's also worth noting that Xbox's marketing team likes even, rounded numbers, it's entirely possible that them saying over 1m peak concurrent users across all platforms means the actual number is anywhere from 1-1.9m peak concurrent users across all platform. At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if the true peak across all platforms was at least 1.2m, which would mean Steam accounted for even less than 25% of the total playerbase.

Starfield has proven to be a huge subscription driver for Gamepass it seems, particularly PC gamepass which has largely struggled to takeoff due to being tied to Windows Store and having a file directory system that makes modding far more difficult and such. How many of those new PC Gamepass users will stay subbed after finishing Starfield, I can't say, but hopefully alot of them will find other games on there they want to play and decide to stay subbed.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 September 2023

Around the Network

The (By AI) Unbeatable Ship (They Shoot Through The Middle) : r/Starfield

“Take Chances, Make Mistakes, Get Messy!” - Miss Frizzle (Magic School Bus Ship Build) : r/Starfield

Ladies and Gentlemen, UC Fisherman is Ready For Service : r/Starfield

Traveling the Friendly Skies : r/Starfield

Did I Try to Make AT-AT? Yes. Did it Work? No. Am I Happy With My Mecha-Dinosaur? Absolutely. : r/Starfield

Obsessed with peoples ship designs, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

The (By AI) Unbeatable Ship (They Shoot Through The Middle) : r/Starfield

I feel like somebody got this idea from the Gummi Ship building in Kindgom Hearts, as I recall all of the Gummi Ship guides tell you to build a ring shaped ship like this because the AI struggles to hit them in Kingdom Hearts, seems it works the same in Starfield xD

Here is one of them:

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 September 2023

At this point I don’t even remember what the starting ship looked like :L 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Sources familiar with Microsoft’s Xbox plans tell me the company was prototyping a cloud-focused Xbox handheld previously. Microsoft has developed a lightweight version of the Xbox user interface that can run on handheld devices, dedicated cloud consoles, and TVs. While we’ve seen this interface appear on some Samsung TVs, the dedicated Xbox cloud console that Microsoft first announced in 2021 was cancelled as Microsoft pivoted toward the TV streaming app instead.

The Xbox maker had been very close to launching its dedicated Xbox cloud console last year before scrapping its plans just weeks before an announcement. The device, codenamed Project Keystone, was then spotted on Xbox chief Phil Spencer’s shelf in October, confirming that the company had manufactured some units.

Work on Xbox Cloud Gaming has slowed over the past year inside Microsoft, sources tell me. Microsoft previously promised that Xbox Cloud Gaming would support your existing game library by the end of 2022, but that never happened. Microsoft also scrapped plans to launch a dedicated version of Xbox Cloud Gaming that players could subscribe to instead of paying for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

That’s likely all because regulators around the world have been focused on Microsoft’s cloud gaming efforts as part of a review of its proposed Activision Blizzard deal. The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority even blocked the deal citing cloud concerns, and the European Commission shared similar cloud concerns but approved the deal thanks to cloud-related remedies.

It was also a key part of the FTC v. Microsoft hearing. In the weeks leading up to that hearing, a source told me that Microsoft had started temporarily reassigning people working on Xbox Cloud Gaming to other parts of Xbox. During the FTC hearing, Sarah Bond, head of Xbox creator experience, revealed that Microsoft decided against a separate version of Xbox Cloud Gaming after the company got more data on the success and popularity of the service. “We’ve gotten more clear on the costs related to it, and we have signed partnerships with others who provide those services,” said Bond in June.

Where is Microsoft’s Handheld Xbox? - The Verge

So they cancelled Keystone (cloud streaming box, which we knew about) but also a cloud-focused Xbox handheld and a cloud only tier for Game Pass. They've also reassigned people away from Xbox Cloud Gaming and work on it has slowed. Who can really blame them, after how much of a joke the CMA has been. Thank you CMA for halting progress, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 September 2023

I'm still using the ship your parents give you for free with the Kid Stuff trait, it has the best stats out of the 3 I have so far, the other 2 being the starting ship and the Mantis ship from the Mantis quest. The parent ship has about double the cargo hold, more shield HP, and more engine power than the Mantis. It does have one less weapon slot, but you can compensate for that by putting a particle beam weapon (which does high damage to both shield and hull) in one slot and a EM weapon for quick subsystem disabling in the other slot.

Will likely be getting a new ship soon though as I just bought Piloting 3 which means I now have a B class Pilot's license and can fly B class ships.